Offseason/Draft Hypothetical

Would you trade Sauce for #4 overall given the board falls as described?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Sauce for #4 overall?

36 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Offense is what matters in the NFL.  Sauce is a great corner.  But I would trade him in a second for a great anything on offense.

We dont have to trade anyone to be great on offense.  We need a stud LT which can be had w/ our 1st round pick.  We need a stud #2 receiver which can be had with higgins or pittman in free agency.  We need another olineman which also can be had in free agency.

Improving the offense this offseason is quite easy and doesnt require you trading a young, hall of fame talent.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Harrison Jr looks like the real deal. If he is 80% as good as his old man, we would be laughing with a one two punch of Garrett Wilson and Harrison Jr with Breece Hall in the backfield.

If Sauce gets us the pick to draft Harrison Jr plus something extra would need to think hard about that trade.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Wait .. rookies go through learning curves ?? Blasphemy.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Yes they do but as fourth round pick he doesn’t have the luxury - a first round pick of them being patient while he develops.     They probably draft a Qb to compete for him to be the starter in 2024. Monday afternoon is a big day for A OConnell , and Antonio Pierce .   Beat the Chiefs on the road , and he wins the coaching job.   

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We dont have to trade anyone to be great on offense.  We need a stud LT which can be had w/ our 1st round pick.  We need a stud #2 receiver which can be had with higgins or pittman in free agency.  We need another olineman which also can be had in free agency.

Improving the offense this offseason is quite easy and doesnt require you trading a young, hall of fame talent.

you make good points but the assumption you're making is that JD is able and willing to outbid other teams for one of those stud #2 WR's. He could have had one without much competition this offseason and didn't even try.

4 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Harrison Jr looks like the real deal. If he is 80% as good as his old man, we would be laughing with a one two punch of Garrett Wilson and Harrison Jr with Breece Hall in the backfield.

If Sauce gets us the pick to draft Harrison Jr plus something extra would need to think hard about that trade.

A team ar the top of the draft would never trade for a corner.  Teams at the top of the draft are rebuilding.  They would rather have a qb or harrison then sauce.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I wouldn’t trade Gardner for 1.1 this year.

When his rookie contract is up, he's bouncing. Breece and GW, too. 

The dysfunction in this organization that these three players have experienced since they have been here has been traumatizing. And it's only going to get worse. When/if JD and Salad are fired, they will be replaced by the next Gase. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

A team ar the top of the draft would never trade for a corner.  Teams at the top of the draft are rebuilding.  They would rather have a qb or harrison then sauce.

Sauce was drafted at #4 overall. This hypothetical has Jeff Ulbrich starting his HC journey and installing his defense in DC. Sauce would be more valuable to him than other coaches.

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You don’t have time , to gamble that tackle going to be ready day one. ( See Evan Neal , etc).  Jets are in win mode now.   No free agent Wr coming to the Jets to play one year with a Rodgers , and then who’s the Jets Qb .     A Rodgers is the Gm and he’s going to want his guys. Haven’t you learned anything yet.

13 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

You don’t have time , to gamble that tackle going to be ready day one. ( See Evan Neal , etc).  Jets are in win mode now.   No free agent Wr coming to the Jets to play one year with a Rodgers , and then who’s the Jets Qb .     A Rodgers is the Gm and he’s going to want his guys. Haven’t you learned anything yet.

Who are you kidding?  Free agents are going to whoever pays them the most.  Jets are backing up brink trucks this offseason.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

When his rookie contract is up, he's bouncing. Breece and GW, too. 

The dysfunction in this organization that these three players have experienced since they have been here has been traumatizing. And it's only going to get worse. When/if JD and Salad are fired, they will be replaced by the next Gase. 

It’s perfect timing for the next rebuild. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

The people running this team (Woody, JD, Salad) are incompetent. Hello????

If we the fans see it, what do you think it looks like to "employees" on the roster???

They are bouncing first chance they get. 

Only miserable jet fans see that.  The rest of us understand the season ended 4 plays in.  Had no correlation w who runs the team.

See you in August to talk super bowl.

43 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

The 2024 Raiders are tanking. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Only miserable jet fans see that.  The rest of us understand the season ended 4 plays in.  Had no correlation w who runs the team.

See you in August to talk super bowl.

You have no vested interest in it, so why make these ridiculous posts? This is what you do to amuse yourself? What, you can't afford drugs and hookers?

44 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Well if evan neal didnt do it, then its just not possible i guess.

hahahaha

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Commanders fire Ron Rivera and hire Jeff Ulbrich as their new head coach.  The Jets are sitting at #6 overall in the draft.

On draft day the board goes 

1) Bears - QB - Caleb Williams

2) Pats - QB -Drake Maye

3) Cardinals - Edge - Dallas Turner

4) Commanders

5) Bears

6) Jets

The Commanders GM calls and says Ulbrich wants Sauce bad and he's willing to trade #4 overall for him. With Marvin Harrison Jr. and Joe Alt on the board are you willing to move Sauce here? We could potentially land both with picks 4 & 6.

DALLE2023-12-2315_32.18-AshockedfanwearingaNewYorkJetsjerseywiththenumber1symbolizingSauceGardnersnumberinalivingroomdecoratedforanNFLDraftparty.thumb.png.9ff32d5ab89497c3688002740cbbb8dd.png

DALL·E 2023-12-23 15.27.58 - A shocked fan wearing a New York Jets jersey in a living room, surrounded by NFL Draft decorations. The room is decorated with banners and balloons, i.png

Not Sauce Gardner Shoner!!

Goddamn Jets Jets and their draft day shicks....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Who are you kidding?  Free agents are going to whoever pays them the most.  Jets are backing up brink trucks this offseason.

No like Tyreek Hill they are going to use the Jets do drive up their price,  for the team they really want to sign with. ( one with no state income tax)    No big name top free agent Wr coming to the Jets to play for A Rodgers for one year.   What do they do when he’s gone.   There is a reason D Adams wanted out of Greeenbay . Never knew how long he was going to play. 

40 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Well if evan neal didnt do it, then its just not possible i guess.

hahahaha

Not all Ot come in , and are ready to go day one.  It’s like Dt position.   You go from playing against boys in college , to play grown arse men every week.     They’re usually a learning curve there.     There are always exceptions, but the Jets can’t roll the dice on that.   They need sure things as their window with Rodgers is very short.

I know for a personal fact that the Commanders would not hire a DC to be their HC.   They know that in the NFL offense rules.  

It’s important that an NFL GM is aligned with his owner.  An NFL GM wants to pick the award winning draft pick, maybe not thinking how it actually helps the team win.  Gettleman was taking Saquon because he thought he was a Gold Jacket player.  A GM who picks a Gold Jacket player gets a gold jacket.  

I love Sauce but he is a man to man corner in a cover 2 defense.  IF we can get a premium draft pick for him, that can be used on offense, we should do that given the other investment in the defense.  

The pick in the big picture did not make sense.  JD should have traded down or taken OL. 

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The offense needs a rebuild. Moving Sauce now for Marvin Harrison Jr. would get you an elite WR prospect and lessen the blow for when the 2022 draft class contracts need to be renewed and you're looking at Sauce, G. Wilson, B. Hall & Jermain Johnson wanting deals.

I think our secondary could still be good without Sauce but they'd obviously take a hit. We'd have to rely more on front 7.

Sauce is a player.  A proven one.  MHJ is a *prospect*

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Remember that time Sauce made that interception at a critical point of a game?

Me neither.

Hahahaha.  To be fair though, our offense has been so bad, no team ever has to take any chances against us.  They just play it safe and play not to lose.

When we get a functioning offense, teams will actually have to try and score on us and the stats will pick up.

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Hahahaha.  To be fair though, our offense has been so bad, no team ever has to take any chances against us.  They just play it safe and play not to lose.

When we get a functioning offense, teams will actually have to try and score on us and the stats will pick up.

So what you’re saying is, hopefully in a few years Sauce can make an impact here?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The offense needs a rebuild. Moving Sauce now for Marvin Harrison Jr. would get you an elite WR prospect and lessen the blow for when the 2022 draft class contracts need to be renewed and you're looking at Sauce, G. Wilson, B. Hall & Jermain Johnson wanting deals.

I think our secondary could still be good without Sauce but they'd obviously take a hit. We'd have to rely more on front 7.

Yes rely more in front 7, Saleh be drafting 8 DL with the next two drafts. 

13 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Sauce was drafted at #4 overall. This hypothetical has Jeff Ulbrich starting his HC journey and installing his defense in DC. Sauce would be more valuable to him than other coaches.

Yeah but he was drafted at #4 in a draft with no QBs projected anywhere near there, and a WR class with no pre-draft consensus best prospect among the top 3-4 of them, and none of the OTs talked up like the next 1st ballot HOF type like Jonathan Ogden, Orlando Pace, Joe Thomas, etc.

This draft there are 2-3 QBs in/around the top 5, and at WR there's Harrison and then there's everybody else, at least before the senior bowl & combine. 

I'm not one to rank these guys myself, but that's what people seem to be saying. Point being, Sauce doesn't go #4 in this draft (let alone after another CB goes #3). 

As far as a Sauce trade? I doubt I'd do it, but the only one that tempts me is Harrison. No way I'd move him for a tackle who isn't an omg sure thing. QB (if they were in the market for one)? Yes. Uniquely skilled WR? Probably not, with G.Wilson already on board, but tough call. An OT? No.

There are a LOT of serviceable LTs in the league. There aren't a lot of corners like Sauce, plus 2024 is Reed's last contract year. That duo plus a strong DL is what makes the D work; take him away and the offense probably needs to score another 5-7ppg to make up for it. Does an OT (over the next-best OT they can get in the draft or FA) do that? I doubt it. Does a deadly WR2 instead of an also-ran FA WR do that? Probably not, but it'd sure make the games more fun to watch.

I probably wouldn't pull that trigger, but am sympathetic to those who would after another season of an unwatchable Jets offense.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1