3 straight double digit loss years for Saleh

kevinc855

6 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

4 straight double digit loss years for JD if we want to add that nugget in.

Hardly a "nugget" when it's the boss who has been worse at the job for even longer.

Fun little fact, last time the Jets didn't have double digit losses was when working with roster assembled entirely by the immortal Mike Maccagnan.  It has been continually worse since then.  The last winning season?  Also on the watch of Maccagnan.  The last non-losing season (i.e., 8-8) before that?  Overseen by the great John Idzik.

Bottom line, JD is quantifiably the worst Jets GM in decades.  He is this team's very biggest problem, and needs to be the first to go without question.  Even considering giving him yet another sacrificial lamb would be the absolute worst idea possible.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

This guy's favorite color is tacos.

woody-johnson-aka-chris-ryan-in-15-years-when-he-owns-the-v0-xiar367nu2ob1.jpg

I'm not a Woody stan but I tend to give him more slack than most fans.  I have to say, the only logical reason I can think of for bringing back the Bob and Joe show for another round is the probability that the product we are witnessing is a direct result of his meddling.  

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

With the pathetic loss to Cleveland on Thursday night the Jets under Saleh have 3 straight double digit loss seasons. 4 straight double digit loss years for JD if we want to add that nugget in. 

Can anyone remember a HC being so bad, and having so few tangible results and being able to retain his job? It’s pathetic and a weak move by the Jets to retain Saleh. 

I didn’t even point out the point differentials where Salehs team losing by double digits is staggering as well.

Call me old school but “culture” doesn’t impress me, winning and losing does. 

Adam Gase

Al Groh

Kotitte

Coslet

Walton

Holtz

Winner

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

if Rodgers wasn't here i do think saleh and the staff would be gone and possibly jd as well.

The price we have to pay for Aaron is keeping these guys around.

If it is not dramatically better next year (I really have my doubts) say goodbye to everyone.

Same here. Next year will be season 45 of tix. No playoffs, there won’t be a 46th.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

With the pathetic loss to Cleveland on Thursday night the Jets under Saleh have 3 straight double digit loss seasons. 4 straight double digit loss years for JD if we want to add that nugget in. 

Can anyone remember a HC being so bad, and having so few tangible results and being able to retain his job? It’s pathetic and a weak move by the Jets to retain Saleh. 

I didn’t even point out the point differentials where Salehs team losing by double digits is staggering as well.

He and JD have survived what almost no NFL Administration could survive and stay employed.

SMH at Woody.  No accountability, top to bottom.

36 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I'm not a Woody stan but I tend to give him more slack than most fans.  I have to say, the only logical reason I can think of for bringing back the Bob and Joe show for another round is the probability that the product we are witnessing is a direct result of his meddling.  

I agree to an extent. The Rodgers deal has his booger-stained fingerprints all over it.

However, ignoring of the QB position after Rodgers got hurt is on JD. Not to mention whiffing on Zack, Becton, etc. 

Also, the Rodgers injury has nothing to do with the lack of discipline this team has. That's 100% a result of poor coaching. 

We're going to have to endure another year of this garbage because Woody is too cheap and too dumb to do what needs to be done. Next season is already virtually guaranteed to be a repeat of what we're going through now. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Right or wrong, regardless of who made the decisions it was pretty obviously fully committing to a minimum of 2 years with this sh*t show the moment it was allowed for this entire team to be turned into the NY Pack-ets.

There's no one in their right mind who would want the job right now when this team was very deliberately built to make it impossible to overhaul the roster next season.  As infuriating as that reality is, it's also the reason why the only point at which any move can be made is when the entire staff is gutted from top-to-bottom.

What could be very telling is if JD goes into next year on the last of his contract, which almost never happens.  If they give him a one-year extension it will definitely be an eye-roll moment, but hardly a vote of confidence.  Of course, if he gets any meaningful new contract then the Jets should be dissolved as an organization.  With Saleh still having 2 year left, he's definitely not getting anything.

At this point, it's more like the painfully long, arduous process that goes along with firing someone incompetent from a large corporation with a history of legal concerns, then it is about anyone with this team actually deserving to keep their jobs.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

There's no one in their right mind who would want the job right now when this team was very deliberately built to make it impossible to overhaul the roster next season

Heard this argument alot but it doesnt hold water. There are 32 NFL HC jobs, many want one. This idea a good candidate would not come to the largest media market with a big pay raise and AROD as their QB is just not accurate imho. You don't keep failing with the wrong guy because you are scared of the replacement. Three straight seasons with 10 or more loses. Can it get worse???

2 hours ago, sourceworx said:

I agree to an extent. The Rodgers deal has his booger-stained fingerprints all over it.

However, ignoring of the QB position after Rodgers got hurt is on JD. Not to mention whiffing on Zack, Becton, etc. 

Also, the Rodgers injury has nothing to do with the lack of discipline this team has. That's 100% a result of poor coaching. 

We're going to have to endure another year of this garbage because Woody is too cheap and too dumb to do what needs to be done. Next season is already virtually guaranteed to be a repeat of what we're going through now. 

I do struggle with the Woody is cheap meme.  And I agree with you the Becton/Zach whiffs are on JD, and the lack of preparation/penalties is all on Saleh.  That's why I find it weird he would commit to re up with these guys.  The only thing I can think of is Woody knows he meddled with the players and coaches (beyond just Rodgers) to an extent that some of this year's stink rests directly on his shouders.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Heard this argument alot but it doesnt hold water. There are 32 NFL HC jobs, many want one. This idea a good candidate would not come to the largest media market with a big pay raise and AROD as their QB is just not accurate imho. You don't keep failing with the wrong guy because you are scared of the replacement. Three straight seasons with 10 or more loses. Can it get worse???

Saleh was "a good candidate".

It's the upper echelon guys (e.g. Harbaugh, and Tomlin if he somehow shakes free) that we'll have trouble getting.  

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Saleh was "a good candidate".

It's the upper echelon guys (e.g. Harbaugh, and Tomlin if he somehow shakes free) that we'll have trouble getting.  

I was on record ok with the hire but before the hire was on here saying I prefer a non first time HC 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I'm talking about the GM job. It would be next to impossible to do anything with this roster for next year, making it very unappealing. There's no question they could hire someone, but no one with any other option available would ever take the job. They'd just get the leftover garbage that no one else wanted. Let's not forget, that's exactly how they ended up with JD. It would still probably be better to take a gamble on someone new, but the circumstances simply make it extremely unlikely. 

There's a much larger pool of candidates for HC, so not quite as much of a problem but totally meaningless to even think about until there's a new GM.

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

If Rodgers did not go down AND they had the same bad record, Saleh would be fired.

The Rodgers injury gave everyone a pass.  It is understandable.

I hope for two things.

1. Fans will be onboard and fully optimistic for 2024 with a revamped offensive line and a healthy Aaron Rodgers.  The defense will be intact.  Kicker and punter are ideal.  No reason not to expect a good showing so long as the offensive line is fixed.  

2. If the Jets are not playing meaningful games in October of 2024, I want *EVERYONE* to be foaming at the mouth and in full media riot mode insisting that JD and Saleh are fired before November.

Their seat aint hot.  It's ionized.  They wont even be able to sit.  

Who's with me ?

16 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

If Rodgers did not go down AND they had the same bad record, Saleh would be fired.

The Rodgers injury gave everyone a pass.  It is understandable.

I hope for two things.

1. Fans will be onboard and fully optimistic for 2024 with a revamped offensive line and a healthy Aaron Rodgers.  The defense will be intact.  Kicker and punter are ideal.  No reason not to expect a good showing so long as the offensive line is fixed.  

2. If the Jets are not playing meaningful games in October of 2024, I want *EVERYONE* to be foaming at the mouth and in full media riot mode insisting that JD and Saleh are fired before November.

Their seat aint hot.  It's ionized.  They wont even be able to sit.  

Who's with me ?

Of course there seats are burning hot if they return. I just don’t believe they have it in them to get it done next year. I lost Al faith in them this year