Michael Carter RB

Jigsaw89

16 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Cutting a depth quality young RB to send a “message” is beyond stupid. Cutting Cook would have sent the message Saleh claims he was trying to send. The Jets lack principled leadership.

There is no leadership. It’s a rudderless ship a drift in a sea of feces, with skipper woody and his three first mates, Bobby, little nipples Joey and the savior Aaron.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

17 hours ago, Jigsaw89 said:

In his 1st game with Arizona, approx 5 min remain:

7 Rush, 61 Yards 8.7 Yards per Carry

1 Rec, 6 Yards, 1 Td

Wasn't a fan of him but yet another Jet doing well with another team.

Will be fun watching Zach Wilson turn into Brett Favre with a real team. 😜

This

2021 was interesting. We had Fant, AVT, McGovern, GVR and Moses as the primary starters most of the year. I’ll take that OL. PFF actually ranked them in top 15 that year.

So what happened?

Moses: we had to choose 2 of  Fant, Moses and Becton. We let go of Moses. Mistake number 1. That’s on JD.

GVR: He didn't play well for us. That’s on Saleh

Fant: He had 2 good years with us and then a bad year in 2022. Saleh and JD

AVT: injured

McGovern: still on the team and didnt play well this year. TBD how he does on another team.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Looking back and seeing how things have unfolded, I wonder if Carter was not happy with Zach like his buddy Moore was the previous year. That was an easy ticket out of town. 

One of the dudes who was losing his sh*t on the sidelines during the Cowboys game. Probably wanted to get him away from Garrett Wilson before the infection spread

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think Carter and Moore were kind of headcases, but I have to imagine Zach getting total carte Blanche while not doing anything to get better drove some teammates nuts. I can only imagine how the PR team was coaching the players on what to say. I said this earlier but Willie Colon made a comment earlier in the year on how when he came to the Jets more time was spent on what to say to the media than football. Protecting Zach was priority #1. Personally I think it’s because he was Woodys pet project but who knows. 

Wonder why woody took such a liking to Zach

13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Looking back and seeing how things have unfolded, I wonder if Carter was not happy with Zach like his buddy Moore was the previous year. That was an easy ticket out of town. 

Moore was unhappy with MiLF, he was annoyed with how the offense was featuring Garrett Wilson and he was taking a back seat. And voiced his displeasure after the Browns game with Flacco as the QB. It came to a head after the Packers game.

This was the exchange after the Packers game.

His frustration spilled into practice that week. That Thursday, Moore surprised teammates and coaches by blowing up on LaFleur, telling him to “go f— yourself” and “you suck,” according to multiple people who witnessed the interaction. LaFleur and Saleh ultimately decided to send Moore home to cool off. That night, he requested a trade.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Jigsaw89 said:

This isn't about praising the Cardinals. It's about the jets not knowing how to use their players year in and year out.  I've seen many ex jets thrive on new teams over the years. 

if you ask me cook should have been cut over carter, but the fact is carter is a jag and not worth worrying about. the eagles were getting gashed all day by the cardinals running game. 

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Moore was unhappy with MiLF, he was annoyed with how the offense was featuring Garrett Wilson and he was taking a back seat. And voiced his displeasure after the Browns game with Flacco as the QB. It came to a head after the Packers game.

His frustration spilled into practice that week. That Thursday, Moore surprised teammates and coaches by blowing up on LaFleur, telling him to “go f— yourself” and “you suck,” according to multiple people who witnessed the interaction. LaFleur and Saleh ultimately decided to send Moore home to cool off. That night, he requested a trade.

He was unhappy with both of them. 

• Upvote 1

There is no leadership. It’s a rudderless ship a drift in a sea of feces, with skipper woody and his three first mates, Bobby, little nipples Joey and the savior Aaron.
Arrrrrrr matey arrrrrrr

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

According to all of the reporting at the time, the beef with MLF actually started after the Flacco game in Cleveland where Garret Wilson went off for 100 yards and 2 TDs while Moore was an afterthought. Moore was unhappy with his role in the offense. 

30 minutes ago, Claymation said:

They also asked Moore about his relationship with Zach and he said “I don’t know. He doesn’t throw me the ball.”

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, doitny said:

wait so now we are praising the coaching of a team that has won 3 games with Dobbs and Murray at QB over the coaching of a team that won 6 games with Zach, Boyle and Sieman? 

i know you guys hate Salah but get serious.

Its not just how MC played yesterday its about the lack of any discernable plan when we let him go or reasoning as to why.

Of all the things to do on with the offense with respect to accountability we decided that Carter should be let go but not so that we could give reps to Izzy, we instead continued to play Dalvin Cook who literally showed nothing the entire season.

• Upvote 2

I think JD did MC a favor. Some GMs look out for their players, others don't. JoeD saw a young, talented back (that he drafted) buried on the depth chart, getting little to no playing time. So he probably sat MC down and said "Look, I love you but Saleh can't play you. Do you want to stay here, or move on to a team where you can start/play right now?".

Problem starts with Woody.  He hires first time GM's and Coaches because he is too cheap to pay established winner.  The only time this team was a winner, in the last 20 years, is when they hired Parcells, the only experienced winner.  He took a pile of Garbage and turned it on a dime with most of the same players.

We don't need a smart coordinator to masquerade as a head coach,  Hire the right coach and GM, not the cheapest 1st timer, and you win.  As far as JD, he has completely rebuilt the O-line in each of his 4 years.  Spent money on established vets and drafted several several early draft picks including 2 1st rounders.  All he has to show for it is 4 of the worst lines in Jet history.  The only salvageable parts are Tippman and Vera Tucker of consecutive season ending injuries.

Oh and a blind squirrel of a GM to find the other 3 parts.

22 hours ago, Jigsaw89 said:

In his 1st game with Arizona, approx 5 min remain:

7 Rush, 61 Yards 8.7 Yards per Carry

1 Rec, 6 Yards, 1 Td

Wasn't a fan of him but yet another Jet doing well with another team.

Will be fun watching Zach Wilson turn into Brett Favre with a real team. 😜

Can you imagine the season Breece Hall would be having if we had an offensive line that could run block?

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I’m convinced some of you will cry over everything.

Carter sucked his last year and a half here and he sucked on the Cardinals prior to yesterday.

He’s a depth piece in the backfield. Nothing more.

Carter sucked because the qb sucked

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Carter sucked because the qb sucked

Carter sucked because he is what he is

He’s a depth piece in the backfield. The 3rd or 4th guy in the RB rotation.

There’s a thousand Michael Carter’s spread across the league and currently on the street.

He’s the very definition of a JAG

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 1/1/2024 at 9:51 AM, GreenFish said:

2021 was interesting. We had Fant, AVT, McGovern, GVR and Moses as the primary starters most of the year. I’ll take that OL. PFF actually ranked them in top 15 that year.

So what happened?

Moses: we had to choose 2 of  Fant, Moses and Becton. We let go of Moses. Mistake number 1. That’s on JD.

GVR: He didn't play well for us. That’s on Saleh

Fant: He had 2 good years with us and then a bad year in 2022. Saleh and JD

AVT: injured

McGovern: still on the team and didnt play well this year. TBD how he does on another team.

There's no foresight like hindsight.

Fant had 1 mediocre year in 2020 at RT, then the next year this whole website was up in arms about how he was coming off a probowl season, and frankly Moses wasn't that great for us -- he had a number of performances that were best left forgotten. His pickup looked like a genius addition for so cheap over the summer, in light of Becton getting injured week 1. But after their respective 2021 seasons, the odd man out would've had to have been Becton and I can't name any GMs who'd clearly have benched the prior season's #1 pick (who had a good rookie season) after what was then deemed a fluke injury in y2. 

Fant flat-out had a better season than Moses (who was just ok) in '21, plus on top of that he was versatile enough to start at either side as needed -- remember, when Becton got injured the second time he'd been demoted to RT. 

What Moses required to re-sign here was a guarantee he would be starting; not merely to outbid Baltimore by a bit, for a player you ideally hope doesn't need to see the field. Baltimore outright guaranteed him the starting RT job a year after trading Orlando Brown to the Chiefs & with Stanley missing most of the prior two seasons. 

Of course then Becton got injured & missed the season again, and Fant - who'd been lobbying heavily for an extension with a raise - was injured most of the '22 season himself, not really at/near 100% until December.  

Would that have been the better move in hindsight? Yeah no doubt, but as fans we have the luxury of saying "eff him" with a recent higher 1st round pick - one we never chose ourselves in the first place - after 1 good season and 1 injured season. GMs just don't do that with their own picks. You can wish it - and in retrospect we all wish it, of course - but it was completely unrealistic to think it would happen. 

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

There's no foresight like hindsight.

Fant had 1 mediocre year in 2020 at RT, then the next year this whole website was up in arms about how he was coming off a probowl season, and frankly Moses wasn't that great for us -- he had a number of performances that were best left forgotten. His pickup looked like a genius addition for so cheap over the summer, in light of Becton getting injured week 1. But after their respective 2021 seasons, the odd man out would've had to have been Becton and I can't name any GMs who'd clearly have benched the prior season's #1 pick (who had a good rookie season) after what was then deemed a fluke injury in y2. 

Fant flat-out had a better season than Moses (who was just ok) in '21, plus on top of that he was versatile enough to start at either side as needed -- remember, when Becton got injured the second time he'd been demoted to RT. 

What Moses required to re-sign here was a guarantee he would be starting; not merely to outbid Baltimore by a bit, for a player you ideally hope doesn't need to see the field. Baltimore outright guaranteed him the starting RT job a year after trading Orlando Brown to the Chiefs & with Stanley missing most of the prior two seasons. 

Of course then Becton got injured & missed the season again, and Fant - who'd been lobbying heavily for an extension with a raise - was injured most of the '22 season himself, not really at/near 100% until December.  

Would that have been the better move in hindsight? Yeah no doubt, but as fans we have the luxury of saying "eff him" with a recent higher 1st round pick - one we never chose ourselves in the first place - after 1 good season and 1 injured season. GMs just don't do that with their own picks. You can wish it - and in retrospect we all wish it, of course - but it was completely unrealistic to think it would happen. 

The problem is that those 3 players left the Jets and got better. Why is Moses now a key part of a line that is able to form an impenetrable wall for the MVP of the league? GVR and Fant are quality starters now. GVR was terrible on the Jets. I blame the coaching staff. Our OL has been underperforming these last few years. And it’s not all injury related.

Laken comes here and sucks.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1