2 hours ago, David Harris said:

NFL is a whore. I'll be boycotting this. 

Fans Rightfully Crush NFL and NBC for Putting AFC Playoff Game Exclusively on Peacock (msn.com)

The NFL playoffs start this coming weekend and there’s one thing fans of all teams can agree on—it stinks that the NFL and NBC will be airing an AFC playoff game exclusively on Peacock. 

That’s right, if you want to watch the Kansas City Chiefs play either the Pittsburgh Steelers or Miami Dolphins, you’ll have to subscribe to Peacock to see the game. 

The NFL has been getting into the streaming business the past few years, but this is the first time fans will have to pay extra to see a playoff game. And there’s a reason for that—money. 

I will NOT buy Peacock. I am boycotting ESPN and almost all subscribe channels.  I couldn't watch the MI/Wash game, I did something else.  I have plenty of money, just refuse to be held hostage.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Xtina said:

It’s one thing to have to endure commmercial after commercial on free tv but having to pay to watch a commercial is obscene - not capitalism 

It could be worse. You could live in a place where you have to pay for a tv license that goes to the national broadcaster, who unlike the BBC, show ads every few minutes. 

And go to jail if you don't get a license.

40 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

No, you get a pass. I'm just talking about the people that will sign up just to watch this game. They're the same people that line up at the store dutifully every time a new iPhone is released.

huh. sign up and cancel later that night if you want to watch the game.  how is that like lining up at the store for an iphone?

3 hours ago, David Harris said:

NFL is a whore. I'll be boycotting this. 

Fans Rightfully Crush NFL and NBC for Putting AFC Playoff Game Exclusively on Peacock (msn.com)

The NFL playoffs start this coming weekend and there’s one thing fans of all teams can agree on—it stinks that the NFL and NBC will be airing an AFC playoff game exclusively on Peacock. 

That’s right, if you want to watch the Kansas City Chiefs play either the Pittsburgh Steelers or Miami Dolphins, you’ll have to subscribe to Peacock to see the game. 

The NFL has been getting into the streaming business the past few years, but this is the first time fans will have to pay extra to see a playoff game. And there’s a reason for that—money. 

just like people hated monday night (or was it sunday night originally) going to espn.  nobody even thinks about it now.

NBC paid 100mm for this game.  i see no way of them actually making money on this.  

27 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I will NOT buy Peacock. I am boycotting ESPN and almost all subscribe channels.  I couldn't watch the MI/Wash game, I did something else.  I have plenty of money, just refuse to be held hostage.

you have never had ESPN?  that's dedication to your belief.  

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

I have zero cable. Just internet and an HD antenna.  I play piano, guitar, study Spanish etc so I don't spend much time at all watching TV. 

good for you.  most people just bitch and moan.  

do you watch Jets games live? 

13 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

good for you.  most people just bitch and moan.  

do you watch Jets games live? 

I watched about 6 - 8 games this year , those on National TV, and I went to the Jets club (2X) here that I founded in 2009.

I used to go to 1 game a year pre-covid, but haven't been to a game since Zach's debut here in Charlotte. 

I am down on Woody and how a rich brat can spoil the dreams of millions.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My wife has us already using Peacock for whatever ungodly reason.  We’ve had more issues with them than any other streaming service by far.  Constantly kicking us out for no reason.

First world problem for sure but still a stupid and greedy decision by the league.  

The Cock has all the Bravo stuff on demand, my wife watches it more than any other streaming service.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Sure. Capitalism means you need to provide value to build value. Peacock does not provide any value whatsoever. It's just NBC on a different platform, and is completely unnecessary, other than for them to promote their platform. I won't be a part of that. It screws over people who don't have the access to even stream (yes, those people exist outside of your privileged world). Me, I'm privileged enough that I have better things to do with my time than to spend additional money for a wild card game littered with promos for a pop star in the luxury box. We all already pay a fraction of our TV bills to NBC. Where's the discount they're offering in exchange for the football game they are no longer offering on that platform? They can go pound sand.

Yeah the NFL shouldn’t be selling playoff games off to the highest bidder to prop up their housewives streaming service. At some point enough should be enough. Does Woody need the money that badly?

43 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I have zero cable. Just internet and an HD antenna.  I play piano, guitar, study Spanish etc so I don't spend much time at all watching TV. 

I would be more impressed by your cultured approach if you didn’t have 13k posts on this board. 😉

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I paid the $6 because I want to see the Dolphins get smacked, but man is that product bereft. Unless you want to watch Yellowstone 24/7, there’s really nothing of value to stream on there

The Office, Parks and Rec, and 30 Rock are pretty good.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

Whatever. NFL Football has had cable only games for decades but most people dont have cable and stream. It is what it is. If you don't want to pay just go to a bar it will 100% be on there.

I have Amazon Prime, but due to various social engagements I was out a lot on thursdays this fall. Other than 1 place, not a single bar or restaurant that I was in all those weeks carried the TNF game this year. I was downright shocked the first few weeks.

With this being a playoff game, that might change for a few places, but I'd be shocked if the majority of those holding out on TNF would flip for a one time playoff game.

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Yawn. Life is hard. Toughen up.

I remember back when NFL home games weren’t televised. You kids have it too easy. 😜

Marty glickman and Dave Herman on abc radio for home games. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Traffic Jam Sheep GIF

NFL playoff games on "streaming" Peacock is the Judas goat. 

The tech sucks. Stream constantly fails, either audio visual or both. Can't toggle to other channels. TV providers figured out that they had to find a way to generate more income as people stopped buying into cable. They're also facing a serious drop in rights for sports programming. A mess of local sports cable providers are going belly up, and ESPN is bleeding subscribers. In just the last month, Cuban cashed out of the Mavs to what amounts to a gambling company looking to jump into Texas as the states is about to legalize gambling. And MSG and YES are getting back together to cut costs(when the Yankees left MSG, it was practically a war, and now, well, $). Simply the only way to get people to buy in to streaming is to sell it with the one bulletproof Golden Ticket of sports programming, the NFL. 

NBC is scum. Hope nobody buys in. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, BP said:

Marty glickman and Dave Herman on abc radio for home games. 

And then I’d listen to the Rangers Sunday night home game from the Garden at 7pm with my trusty little transistor radio. (Giacomin, the GAG line (Ratelle Hadfield Gilbert) Howell and Kurtenbach). Good times!

Just now, Bugg said:

NFL playoff games on 'streaming" Peacock is the Judas goat. 

The tech sucks. Stream constantly fails, either audio visual or both. Can't toggle to other channels. TV providers figured out that they had to find a way to generate more income as people stopped buying into cable. They're also facing a serious drop in rights for sports programming. A mess of local sports cable providers are going belly up, and ESPN is bleeding subscribers. In just the last month, Cuban cashed out of the Mavs to what amounts to a gambling company looking to jump into Texas as the states is about to legalize gambling. And MSG and YES are getting back together to cut costs(when the Yankees left MSG, it was practically a war, and now, well, $). Simply the only way to get people to buy in to streaming is to sell it with the one bulletproof Golden Ticket of sports programming, the NFL. 

NBC is scum. Hope nobody buys in. 

Goodell is a POS and has always been a POS. This is the lowlife who forced Herman Edwards on Woody douchebag in 2001 because the "NFL didn't have enough black coaches" meanwhile how many black NFL Commissioners have their been, since then? 23 years later, and still Casper the friendly ghost! 

God I hate these hypocritical scumbags.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Yawn. Life is hard. Toughen up.

I remember back when NFL home games weren’t televised. You kids have it too easy. 😜

I forgot to add, I was at the 10 year anniversary game of the Jets winning the Super Bowl. Randy Rasmussen not only played in the game but was in uniform and on the field for the ceremony at halftime. 1978, such a long time ago :(

• Upvote 2