Eh, Tua has played awful. The NFL didn’t author that. The game was never close. Score would be disgusting if Kelce caught his targets.
Wrote that when the game was a little closer ... The refs had just made terrible calls for roughing on Miami.

But yeah KC man handled Miami tonight. Boring game.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Wrote that when the game was a little closer ... The refs had just made terrible calls for roughing on Miami.

But yeah KC man handled Miami tonight. Boring game.

No you didn’t. 

Buddy of mine works for NBC and added me to his Peacock account so my wife could watch Yellowstone. Opened the service on Roku last night and got a "app is already being used on another device" message.Texted my buddy and asked if he was watching the game. Got a "Yup. Deal with it" reply, lol. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I watched the teaser between 8 and 8:30 and it was a joke. Why not just go to Peacock at 8. You can follow on Gamecast or on radio. I missed some Jets games this season due to work but was able to follow on Gamecast and it's not bad. Sometimes more suspenseful. We were going to watch a movie but instead Knicks game. 

Watched the Godfather on Showtime .

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Uhh yeah I did .. I wrote it after the phantom RTP call. Which was also after the missed PI calls.

I replied right after you posted it. 

On 1/13/2024 at 11:03 PM, Integrity28 said:

That’s only the math on initial sign-up. The point is get and keep subscriptions.

What happens if, now bear with me, some of the new users actually stick around? 

Math is a weird thing.

Well they had much higher virewershio than I expected.    They probably got 10mm new subs.  How many tick around?

On 1/13/2024 at 10:24 PM, Dunnie said:

Are you paying 4 different cable companies to watch the games ?

It’s actually worse. You gotta pay like 100 bucks if you wanted to watch Monday night football on espn.  Much worse than 6 bucks. 

On 1/9/2024 at 2:59 PM, Green Ghost said:

Yawn. Life is hard. Toughen up.

I remember back when NFL home games weren’t televised. You kids have it too easy. 😜

I have satellite tv and it wasn't even on it. I had to pay the $6 bucks but I couldn't watch the whole thing. Just watching it made me feel soooo cold.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, batman10023 said:

It’s actually worse. You gotta pay like 100 bucks if you wanted to watch Monday night football on espn.  Much worse than 6 bucks. 

ESPN is built into most cable packages. Verizon or Spectrum passed it along and you never knew; it was part of the basic package. Or was until just now. And as cable providers make it more pick&choose, they're losing subscriptions. And why the streaming thing might not be so great. Finding out a lot of people either don't care about sports or aren't keen on paying for it directly. ESPN wants to go to some kind of direct subscription/streaming service. They have a lot of expensive overhead ; expensive talent nobody really cares about, studios in NY, LA, CT and huge rights fees. They're paying Aikman, Buck, Mike Greenberg and Screaming A. and many other nonhackers ridiculous $. People are tuning in to the NFL even  if you put a senile grandma and Carrot Top on as the announcers. Do Aikman or Buck cause 1 more person to watch? And the rest of their programming is morons screaming at each other. Well-paid morons in high end studios; the NYC Seaport set overlooking the Brooklyn Bridge alone has to cost an insane amount of cash; there's no value added for that other than it looks cool.  This isn't a well run company.

Claiming they had 23 million people watch. At a loss how they calculate that. If someone had The 'Cock and they put it one for a minute, does that count? How many people viewed it? Do they believe say, 4 people viewed every subscription? No doubt they did business, but it's still disgusting greed. Streaming is expensive for consumers, the tech sucks and not really all that clear it makes any more sense for content providers either. Netflix got in early and even they're having issues. Amazon is huge. Everybody else; big question marks. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, batman10023 said:

Well they had much higher virewershio than I expected.    They probably got 10mm new subs.  How many tick around?

I’m sure they have KPIs for new and retained subscribers and the resources to hit them in order to reach profitability. 

They have the data and people whose job it is to forecast the business value of a venture like this. It wasn’t a gamble. It was good business. Hence, they broke records. Your take couldn’t have been more wrong.

21 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I didn't watch it and didn't miss it.   More pissed off that they didn't have a 1 and 4:30 both days instead of late and night games.  I really like 1:00 PM games on the weekend.  

Yes. 4:30 and 8:30 sucks. 

I am glad they postponed the Buffalo game. 9 hours of football in one day is a bit much

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I’m sure they have KPIs for new and retained subscribers and the resources to hit them in order to reach profitability. 

They have the data and people whose job it is to forecast the business value of a venture like this. It wasn’t a gamble. It was good business. Hence, they broke records. Your take couldn’t have been more wrong.

Betting against the highly paid nerds is a losing strategy. There's a reason Vegas always wins.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Claiming they had 23 million people watch. At a loss how they calculate that. If someone had The 'Cock and they put it one for a minute, does that count? How many people viewed it?

lol

It’s internet data, what do you mean you’re ‘curious’ how they calculate it? Unique IP, content viewed, simultaneous or disparate… they crushed it, because they knew that the NFL’s content is king, mostly thanks to legalized gambling.

Everyone trying to trivialize this mind numbing. We live in a society where the consumer gets ****ed. Accept that and then everything else will make sense. Is it greedy? Yes. Want someone to do something about it? Okay, then who? Both parties are big government now and neither stands in the way of corporations raking in cash… so who will save us from the $6 a month?

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I bit the bullet and paid for the month so I could watch The Holdovers. Their app needs a lot of work for the live stuff.

Great film. 

They’ve got some other good content on there too. I’ve had it and paramount ;free with t-mobile) for the football season. I watch the games they carry. Honestly only watched 1 full game all season. Kids come before the Jets and gambling. I’m awful like that.

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Betting against the highly paid nerds is a losing strategy. There's a reason Vegas always wins.

Exactly. Crying at the deli about cost while you wait for your bacon, egg and cheese is pointless.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Great film. 

They’ve got some other good content on there too. I’ve had it and paramount ;free with t-mobile) for the football season. I watch the games they carry. Honestly only watched 1 full game all season. Kids come before the Jets and gambling. I’m awful like that.

New era for dads. Nowadays these little megaphones are well within their rights to make you turn sports off so they can watch Miss Rachel or Bluey. How the heck did that happen?

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

lol

It’s internet data, what do you mean you’re ‘curious’ how they calculate it? Unique IP, content viewed, simultaneous or disparate… they crushed it, because they knew that the NFL’s content is king, mostly thanks to legalized gambling.

Everyone trying to trivialize this mind numbing. We live in a society where the consumer gets ****ed. Accept that and then everything else will make sense. Is it greedy? Yes. Want someone to do something about it? Okay, then who? Both parties are big government now and neither stands in the way of corporations raking in cash… so who will save us from the $6 a month?

NOBODY.

No doubt the NFL is the one bulletproof commodity in content. At least they've abandoned any pretense that "streaming" is some new superior tech, and instead they're just gonna bleed us at every opportunity.

Not going back to ESPN being some college kids in Connecticut getting some pennies from cable providers to give us more than 6 over the air channels for like $30 a month. Can recall the cable guy coming to our house and my dad basically saying, get this in my house today and I'll write you a check right now,  right before the NCAA tournament when Princeton almost beat Georgetown. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

New era for dads. Nowadays these little megaphones are well within their rights to make you turn sports off so they can watch Miss Rachel or Bluey. How the heck did that happen?

I mean, Bluey is the best show on tv.

That said, I have an acute awareness of just how long they’re going to want me as #1 person to play with. It’s just math. 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Yeah right, I’m sure those front row seats, his Uber / gas / parking, and whatever food / beverage he consumed there cost less than $6 total 

my message to this “look at me” guy:

go away gtfo GIF

I’m not entirely certain but there’s a chance he was being facetious for teh humor