Way Green Bay is looking right now proves Rogers is shot

11 hours ago, nyjets1969 said:

This is almost the same identical offense as last year and they look good. If this is result of Rogers decline holding the offense back then  next year reality will set in.

Relax. It was the Cowboys in playoffs. Packers were 9-8 and will not have a shot next week. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Rodgers threw a tantrum when GB did.

As he should have. He was in his prime and ready to win a Super Bowl. Instead of drafting a WR, OL, TE or anything to help him win, they drafted his replacement. He then went on to win two MVPs after they drafted Jordan Love. The Jets drafting a QB with pick #10 would be the dumbest thing the Jets could do, and that is a hard task to beat. 

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 2

This sure looks like the right answer. 

why did Joe offer so much?
Jets wanted the deal done sooner rather than later. Get ARod in the building, know where they stood, have him there for OTAs etc. There was also a possible risk if the draft came and went with no deal.

How much of the pressure was owner led vs. GM led we may never know.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

To be fair we have seen it work well two ways.  The QB comes in sits and learns behind a veteran.  It really depends on the mental make up of the QB.  CJ Stroud is playing lights out.  Bryce young could have used time behind someone.  Mark Sanchez those first two years had a tremendous team around him going to the AFC championship two years in a row.  Love is showing the time learned was valuable.  Jared Goff was a guy who helped QB his team in the Rams to the SB but they decided to move him.  He may end up showing the Lions more success over the coming years than the one Stafford won for the Rams.

The Jets took the path as Brady, Manning and Stafford of older QB;s going to another team and winning quick.  

I believe drafting a QB behind Rodgers should take place.  That is the Ron Wolf philosophy.  You keep drafting one until you get it right and if you hit on multiple ones you have trade value.

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

As he should have. He was in his prime and ready to win a Super Bowl. Instead of drafting a WR, OL, TE or anything to help him win, they drafted his replacement. He then went on to win two MVPs after they drafted Jordan Love. The Jets drafting a QB with pick #10 would be the dumbest thing the Jets could do, and that is a hard task to beat. 

Ummm... when the Packers drafted Love, Rodgers already had one of the greatest WRs on the planet on his team and he won a couple of MVPs. It was the D that was holding them back, not the O.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yup. People sh*t on the idea of drafting a QB because they think it will make Rodgers mad 🙄

And if we thought they made bad decisions previously, imagine what JD & Coach Bobby will do when there is a great likelihood they wont be here in 2025 to deal with the consequences of those decisions 

1 hour ago, GangGreened said:

I can’t wait to see the reactions on this board next year when Rodgers looks like Russell Wilson

Russell Wilson didn’t play that bad this year playing in a system that wasn’t best fit for his style .   He had them in playoff contention until  they decided to bench him because they didn’t want to guarantee his whole salary if he got injured .( that was more business decision than performance decision).

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/14881/russell-wilson

Denver now saying they are open to bringing him back.   You burn that bridge, good luck.  

14 hours ago, bicketybam said:

I called someone a Wilson ball washer because of this post.

Rodgers is a terrible teammate? That reeks of Wilson ball gargling if you ask me.

No it's one of the key reasons Green Bay wanted to get rid of him.  He just wanted to be surrounded by his guys and trashed management draft picks publicly.  It's why were stuck with Lazzard and Hackett. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Ummm... when the Packers drafted Love, Rodgers already had one of the greatest WRs on the planet on his team and he won a couple of MVPs. It was the D that was holding them back, not the O.

MVP season 2 the D didn't hold them back.  At home they lost in round 1 of the playoffs 13 to 10.    The Packers after scoring a TD in the first Quarter scored 3 points the rest of the way.   The Packers had the 9th ranked D in both of his MVP seasons.  They lost at home in the playoffs both years.

The Packers D this year was ranked much worse than in either of Rodgers MVP years.  They just went on the road and their O kicked the crap out of the Cowboys who have the 5th ranked D in the NFL. 

Brady shat all over the No. 1 ranked Seattle D in the SB.  Good QB's beat good defenses in the NFL. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fwiw, give the Packers credit for sitting Love for a few years and letting him learn.  Imagine if ZW had at least a year or 2 to learn before getting thrown to the wolves.

Zach is a project that had a very low likelyhood of every being decent.  The Jets are the worst organization in the NFL.  Zach sitting on the Jets wouldn't change a thing.  He got plenty of chances to sit.

Just now, Biggs said:

Zach is a project that had a very low likelyhood of every being decent.  The Jets are the worst organization in the NFL.  Zach sitting on the Jets wouldn't change a thing.  He got plenty of chances to sit.

The problem is that the jets have never had a gm who could scout qbs.  They always draft guys with the wrong attributes.  Pennington was the only one since O’Brien who had basic qb attributes and instincts.  That’s why parcells had his checklist for evaluating college qbs, to avoid guys like wilson.  

Just now, Augustiniak said:

The problem is that the jets have never had a gm who could scout qbs.  They always draft guys with the wrong attributes.  Pennington was the only one since O’Brien who had basic qb attributes and instincts.  That’s why parcells had his checklist for evaluating college qbs, to avoid guys like wilson.  

Pennington did not have "basic QB attributes".  He had a noodle arm and there were throws he couldn't make.

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Pennington did not have "basic QB attributes".  He had a noodle arm and there were throws he couldn't make.

Disagree.  Prior to his shoulder injury he's noodle arm was Al dente.

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You are missing the entire point like the jets’ gms.  Pennington understood how to read a defense and conduct an offense.  He could audible and lead.  He was respected.  He could complete a 10 yard slant accurately most of the time.  Basic qb attributes.  The jets take kids who can’t do any of this and we wind up with athletic turnover machines who need too much coddling. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

You are missing the entire point like the jets’ gms.  Pennington understood how to read a defense and conduct an offense.  He could audible and lead.  He was respected.  He could complete a 10 yard slant accurately most of the time.  Basic qb attributes.  The jets take kids who can’t do any of this and we wind up with athletic turnover machines who need too much coddling. 

Saying he had the mental aspect down is different than saying he had basic QB attributes.  A strong enough arm is a basic QB attribute.

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Saying he had the mental aspect down is different than saying he had basic QB attributes.  A strong enough arm is a basic QB attribute.

His arm was ok before all the surgeries.  Parcells always said that Pennington could make all the throws.  Having basic qb attributes does not mean a cannon arm.  And that again is the problem with how jet gms evaluate qbs.  The won’t take the guy who can run an offense competently with a higher floor and lower ceiling.  They’ll take a guy who can’t be coached. 

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fwiw, give the Packers credit for sitting Love for a few years and letting him learn.  Imagine if ZW had at least a year or 2 to learn before getting thrown to the wolves.

Probably be a much better turn out. Yet, picking him 2 overall rather than 27th overall makes that highly unlikely. Plus he would still process the game slower than most and I think that's why he will likely never be more than a back up. Kid was likely a second round pick in any other year. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

His arm was ok before all the surgeries.  Parcells always said that Pennington could make all the throws.  Having basic qb attributes does not mean a cannon arm.  And that again is the problem with how jet gms evaluate qbs.  The won’t take the guy who can run an offense competently with a higher floor and lower ceiling.  They’ll take a guy who can’t be coached. 

Did he really say that?  I guess he probably did considering he drafted him.  I guess who am I to question BP but I never thought Chad could make all the throws.  I thought he was badly exposed in the Raider playoff game (I think we lost 30-10) and that was pre-surgery.

31 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Idk why teams are so adverse to doing this. It’s smart investment.

QB = most important position in sports

Invest heavily in the most important component to the industry that you’re in.  

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Did he really say that?  I guess he probably did considering he drafted him.  I guess who am I to question BP but I never thought Chad could make all the throws.  I thought he was badly exposed in the Raider playoff game (I think we lost 30-10) and that was pre-surgery.

The phrase “could make all throws” is inherently open-ended. 

He could easily make all the throws…that the team asks him to make. They weren’t going to ask him to be Brett Favre. Can’t teach a fish to climb a tree so make sure that fish can swim the best he can.

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

He could easily make all the throws…that the team asks him to make. They weren’t going to ask him to be Brett Favre. Can’t teach a fish to climb a tree so make sure that fish can swim the best he can.

He couldn't really throw deep but I also thought he couldn't throw that medium length (e.g. 10 yards) sidelines throw down the field.  It was far too high risk of it being taken back for a pick 6.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

Parcells wants mentally tough qbs and Pennington was a cerebral qb.  Too bad his shoulders were tissues. 

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Idk why teams are so adverse to doing this. It’s smart investment.

QB = most important position in sports

Invest heavily in the most important component to the industry that you’re in.  

Hard for anxious owners to sit first round qbs when the team sucks and you have a meh game manager in there.  This is the bad cycle the jets are in.  They’re either reaching for qbs who can’t play in the nfl or trading for fading stars past their prime.  

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He couldn't really throw deep but I also thought he couldn't throw that medium length (e.g. 10 yards) sidelines throw down the field.  It was far too high risk of it being taken back for a pick 6.

Limited for sure but pre-injury he would have been a real good QB for us for a while. I always thought he would have been the perfect QB for Rex Ryan. Run the ball, highly intelligent, accurate, won’t lose you the game, high leadership qualities and not scared of the big moment.

Post-injury he was hanging on by a thread, shame.

• Upvote 1