Brian Daboll Is A Lunatic

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Yeah....   looks like an unhealthy building over there.  Boo hoo.  Too bad for them.  I don't care.  Makes me feel no better about our own clown show just 29 miles away.  And the last thing I want to see is the Giants land any of the promising HC candidates that Woody has chosen to overlook. 

Honestly, our situation is worse because we have the owner of the team making bad decision after bad decision and there is no way to get rid of him.  Woody Johnson is the underlying poison behind this team's persistent failures.  We can blame every GM he hired, every HC he blessed, every QB he made them bring, but in the end, it's Woody.  Unfortunately, he's a child in old man's clothing.  Woody is going to play with his toy as he pleases no matter what we say here, no matter the repeated same consequences.  He is truly an imbecile.

Woody sucks. Hard.

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

Daboll is one of the guys I think can fall this off-season depending on the coaches avail

hebhas a bit of rexx in him in a diff way where his act is already wearing thin

if bb wants to coach the gints you telling me daboll isn’t shown the door?

showing up coaches is one thing but it dies not fly with players today

Daboll and Schoen are very tight. I don’t see the GM moving on from him over any of this stuff.

If Danny Dimes pulled that crybaby sh*t here Douglas woulda twisted him into a pretzel

Side note, I've heard Trevor Lawrence being compared to Danny Dimes. The most prolific QB class in a generation might not have any starters! 🤣

If there was ever a draft to trade down, that was it.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

The Giants are not a interesting team. So they wont get much media attention. But that Danny Dimes contract. Phew.

THAT was insane. Gmen snuck into the POs last season, beat the Vikings, then bowed out. Giants panicked and handed Danny Dimes a 4 yr $160m gig, $40 mil per season. Wow. The person most surprised was Dimes himself. He STILL can't believe his team was soooo dumb.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Give me this over Care Bear videos and slogans on t-shirts all day long. 

Sounds like a guy that wants to win and demands accountability when execution fails. Our guy is the opposite. 

did you read the whole thing? 

there are guys on the Giants staff telling other people not to go there. thats what you want? there is going to be a revolt there next year if he doesnt win.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Daboll and Schoen are very tight. I don’t see the GM moving on from him over any of this stuff.

but Mara might. i dont think he likes this much. if they have a hard time filling these coaching vacancies on his staff because none of the top choices want to work for him he could go.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This is why I wait a LONG time to make definitive judgements on players and coaches.  The amount of Daboll praise on this board was downright sickening to me.  Turns out he might not be that great of a coach and also might be a complete dickhead.

Saleh has a lot of things to complain about, but at least he’s not a petulant child throwing everyone under the bus for his shortcomings.

100%

the Daboll praise was Sicking. when you have HC whatever side of the ball he coaches you would expect that to be really good.

Salah has our defense playing really good.

Daboll?? the Giants had the 4th worst yds this year. the Jets had the 2nd worst. as bad as our offense was his was slightly better and he is suppose to be some offensive genius. 

and we scored 2 more points then they did. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Daboll has never been my style, personally. Seems like a hothead who tries too hard. I don’t think he will survive NY at all. Very unlikable.

Also, the Jets are being treated like some malfunctioning operation while this is going on with the Giants who apparently ‘had a good season, all things considered’…. That’s always interesting

If Daboll was the Jets coach, I think this team is in the playoffs

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

sounds more like a total douche but ok.

demanding accountability doesn't mean roasting someone over the headsets all game to the point where they can't even get the call in. lol

People demand accountability in all kinds of ways. Some do it better than others. And some don't even attempt to do it. That's our guy. So yeah, would rather have the guy that understands it is necessary. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Sounds the same imo.. a HC not wanting to take responsibility for the team's failure, but in this case they reversed that the coach is the fat one and the GM is the one who's in shape.

Fat, smart guy >>> dumb jock

49 minutes ago, doitny said:

there are guys on the Giants staff telling other people not to go there. thats what you want? there is going to be a revolt there next year if he doesnt win.

You think players and coaches around the NFL don't already know that the Jets are never a place you want to be?

We have the worst coaching situation in the entire NFL. There isn't a staff anywhere that I wouldn't take over this group of tepid cheerleaders.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If Daboll was the Jets coach, I think this team is in the playoffs

If Daboll was the head coach with Saleh as the defensive coordinator, sure. But that isn't a scenario that would have been possible.

Remember when many folks around here were slobbering over Daboll, the career coaching failure who only looked competent when Allen came to town, back during the 2021 hiring?  And again when those same ones were trying to pat themselves on the back last year when the Giants were mediocre, but not terrible, under him?  Fun times.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Give me this over Care Bear videos and slogans on t-shirts all day long. 

Sounds like a guy that wants to win and demands accountability when execution fails. Our guy is the opposite. 

A head coach who takes a serious 24/7/365 interest in both sides of the ball during games; that's allowed? Real hard pointed direction during the game; how unusual. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

If Daboll was the head coach with Saleh as the defensive coordinator, sure. But that isn't a scenario that would have been possible.

With the talent we have on D, I think almost anyone can coach them. We aren't  even close to that level on O. We just have 2 players that should remain.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It’s great to grab an embittered fired assistant and get a spicy postmortem, but Martindale has been bounced from two orgs in a row now and it’s not because his defense is bad. 

Side note: I’ve been waiting on a good end of season vivisection of this Jets season and it appears as though none of our beat guys are going to even attempt one, which is pathetic. All the sh*t that went on in that building and no one has the guts to even attempt an article about it. Shameful.

Jets keeping it in house. One of the few positives coming out of this team and into the off-season. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

This story is "Meh"...

I like eating hot dogs...

I don't need to know how the hot dogs are made...

If every time you order a hot dog, instead you got a log of sh*t, you might want to look into how they're being made.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, Bugg said:

A head coach who takes a serious 24/7/365 interest in both sides of the ball during games; that's allowed? Real hard pointed direction during the game; how unusual. 

Daboll can coach.  I don’t have a big problem with what he did and I hate the Giants 

read an article where BB interviewed for the Falcons.

If the NY media decides to continue to ride the Daboll story and Mara gets some heat - it could get intersting. BB interviewing tells us he still wants to coach.

Bringing him back to the Giants certainly adds juice and ticket sales.

Schoen gets moved to some other position and BB takes charge - longshot sure but not impossible 

13 hours ago, doitny said:

Didn't they just get an excellent OL coach from the Raiders?

14 hours ago, FootballLove said:

If Danny Dimes pulled that crybaby sh*t here Douglas woulda twisted him into a pretzel

No he wouldn’t. Saleh would have patted him on the head and told him to read a book on the beach. 
and no one minds that Caleb is a weeping baby 

13 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

This story is "Meh"...

I like eating hot dogs...

I don't need to know how the hot dogs are made...

This would only work if Giants fans liked how their football team played this year. But they were 6-11, so people are looking behind the curtain 

• Upvote 1