Players call out Keith Carter, WHAT IS HAPPENING??????????

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Dude - this kid does a great job for his age. I'm super impressed!

I had never heard that interview and actually came away from it feeling better about Carter as the OL coach. I only had heard the negative stuff from Lewan but his opinion changed over time.

Leeann didn’t say a whole lot that would paint carter as a bad coach.  I thought he felt Carter didn’t show him enough appreciation and somehow was disrespectful.  That’s a lot different than Carter not knowing how to teach blocking schemes and run practices.  Plus consider that it was becton who was dissing carter.  Possibly the biggest underachiever is complaining for being treated as an underachiever.  Boo how.

12 hours ago, heymangold said:

wasn’t this a thing like 2 weeks ago?

12 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

I can't be bothered to watch a video of some toddler's thoughts... I mean come on, that's what we all have each other for, right?

Is there anything more to it than references to the same things reported on weeks ago?

The kid made the video 3 weeks ago. @TuscanyTile2 decided to make one of his legendary threads on it today

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Dude - this kid does a great job for his age. I'm super impressed!

I had never heard that interview and actually came away from it feeling better about Carter as the OL coach. I only had heard the negative stuff from Lewan but his opinion changed over time.

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I think it's neat that a 14 year old kid has a Jets Podcast on YT.

Not going to watch it, but good for him!

He had Mike Tannenbaum and Rich Cimini on his podcast too.  Not bad for a little kid!  I would've posted one of those videos (which were both more recent) but I loved the dramatic video title ("WHAT IS HAPPENING??????????") as opposed to the bland "Mike Tannenbaum Joins the Show" or "Rich Cimini Joins the Show" so I went with one from 3 weeks ago. 

This fanbase is hilarious!

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He had Mike Tannenbaum and Rich Cimini on his podcast too.  Not bad for a little kid!  I would've posted one of those videos (which were both more recent) but I loved the dramatic video title ("WHAT IS HAPPENING??????????") as opposed to the bland "Mike Tannenbaum Joins the Show" or "Rich Cimini Joins the Show" so I went with one from 3 weeks ago. 

This fanbase is hilarious!

Well, Tannenbaum has nothing better to do, and OF COURSE Cimini went on a kids show but will NOT go on Jets Talk 24/7 or Talkin' Jets or any of the other TY channels where someone might ask him hard hitting questions like, "Why do you enjoy sh*tting on the team you cover?" or "What's your ******* problem?" lol

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

Leeann didn’t say a whole lot that would paint carter as a bad coach.  I thought he felt Carter didn’t show him enough appreciation and somehow was disrespectful.  That’s a lot different than Carter not knowing how to teach blocking schemes and run practices.  Plus consider that it was becton who was dissing carter.  Possibly the biggest underachiever is complaining for being treated as an underachiever.  Boo how.

I know people think Lewan became more pro-Carter over time, but when Vrabel got canned he said he "loved his coaching staff (besides Keith Carter)."  That was earlier this month, so I don't know how much his opinion changed.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I know people think Lewan became more pro-Carter over time, but when Vrabel got canned he said he "loved his coaching staff (besides Keith Carter)."  That was earlier this month, so I don't know how much his opinion changed.

I read that too but in his interview he didn’t say much except he wished carter treated the older players better.  I think carter is basically a my way highway type of guy, taskmaster, and tried to treat them all equally.  And note that lewan also said he hated Vrabels first season as coach.  I think this has been blown out of proportion.  This kid may not want carter but it seems like he’s basing his opinion on very little information.

6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I read that too but in his interview he didn’t say much except he wished carter treated the older players better.  I think carter is basically a my way highway type of guy, taskmaster, and tried to treat them all equally.  And note that lewan also said he hated Vrabels first season as coach.  I think this has been blown out of proportion.  This kid may not want carter but it seems like he’s basing his opinion on very little information.

Well, Lewan's complaint was that he worked guys hard and that caused the vets to break down.  No idea what caused the Jets OL to break down, but it hasn't worked under Carter or Benton.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, rangerous said:

I am pretty sure that the interview you are referring to was from back when Tennessee let Carter go.