Which scenario is worse?

Which scenario is worse?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which scenario is worse?

• OC is too lazy to watch any film?
    • OC watches film but takes nine months to realize Breece Hall is a good player?

1 hour ago, JustInFudge said:

Breece Hall led all RB's in receiving yards and receptions.  He also had 2nd most yards from scrimmage for RB's only behind CMC.  Pretty impressive his OC was able to get him the ball that much 9 months into the season.

Man, has it been that long already?

18 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Man, has it been that long already?

lol - I mean, strange thread.  I'm all for a good OC bashing thread, it's like, what Jets fans do.  We always get the mean, non-film watching, lazy, calls all the bad plays OC but in this particular case, we're bashing a coach for something about not using Hall, who had over 300 touches on the season coming of an ACL tear the year prior.

• Upvote 2

lol - I mean, strange thread.  I'm all for a good OC bashing thread, it's like, what Jets fans do.  We always get the mean, non-film watching, lazy, calls all the bad plays OC but in this particular case, we're bashing a coach for something about not using Hall, who had over 300 touches on the season coming of an ACL tear the year prior.

Yeah, but Hall said stuff on the  social meteor dude! Hall put the Jets on notice, You are forgetting that in the NFC championship game Hackett didn’t get him a single touch! 

• Haha 1

Breece Hall weekly targets before Hackett realized he could be a weapon as a receiver.

Week 1: 2

Week 2: 2

Week 3: 2

Week 4: 4

Week 5: 3

Week 6: 5

Had all offseason, all of training camp, all pre-season to go back and watch Breece in college and rookie year in the NFL to figure out what type of player he was.  It took him almost half the season to get that point.

Not sure how bad this guy has to be for people to stop defending him but I get the feeling we're going to find out.

• Upvote 1

In all fairness hall was coming off an acl injury and it not surprising the jets brought him along slowly and signed cook.  Admittedly it seems like it took a long time for Hackett to resign himself to no Rodgers.  Saleh probably played into this with his seven win expectation.  Again, if a coach isn’t putting in the effort it’s up to saleh to fix.

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Breece Hall weekly targets before Hackett realized he could be a weapon as a receiver.

Had all offseason, all of training camp, all pre-season to go back and watch Breece in college and rookie year in the NFL to figure out what type of player he was.  It took him almost half the season to get that point.

Not sure how bad this guy has to be for people to stop defending him but I get the feeling we're going to find out.

I didnt realize him understanding Breece was a good player was exclusive to receptions and I dont think there is a single person on the planet that defends Hackett other than Aaron Rodgers.  He is awful and by no means is this a defense of his overall performance just a weird thing to knock him on considering Hall's usage and results while removing all context, namely being fresh off an ACL tear.

I wonder what you'd be saying if he gave him 20 carries and 10 targets week 2 and he got hurt?  

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah, but Hall said stuff on the  social meteor dude! Hall put the Jets on notice, You are forgetting that in the NFC championship game Hackett didn’t get him a single touch! 

He also admitted at the begging of the year he wasnt playing well.  He was trying to get the big hitters instead of taking what he could get on plays w/out big holes and was losing yards or getting no gain quite often, also had a few drops too.  So it's almost like the guy coming off injury who had a little rust on him started to settle in and started to play better and his OC then started to feed him the rock.  

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, varjet said:

If you are lazy something can happen to motivate you to work harder.

If you are an idiot, that is harder to fix.  

As Albert Einstein once said:  "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits".

If Hackett is stupid, then he can be limitless in his stupidity.  Perhaps if he is just lazy, someone can light a fire under his butt.

21 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

I didnt realize him understanding Breece was a good player was exclusive to receptions and I dont think there is a single person on the planet that defends Hackett other than Aaron Rodgers.  He is awful and by no means is this a defense of his overall performance just a weird thing to knock him on considering Hall's usage and results while removing all context, namely being fresh off an ACL tear.

I wonder what you'd be saying if he gave him 20 carries and 10 targets week 2 and he got hurt?  

Yes, because this was what Hackett admitted to several months ago.  He didn't know Hall was a good receiver until mid-season.  Took him nine months to identify one of his best player's best qualities which tells us he wasn't watching any film when he was hired.  Figured he'd show up, play some golf and let Rodgers run the offense.

Yet for the past couple of days I've been met with a barrage of "leave Hackett alone" comments because apparently this whole mess of an offense is Dianna Russini's fault.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Yes, because this was what Hackett admitted to several months ago.  He didn't know Hall was a good receiver until mid-season.  Took him nine months to identify one of his best player's best qualities which tells us he wasn't watching any film when he was hired.  Figured he'd show up, play some golf and let Rodgers run the offense.

Yet for the past couple of days I've been met with a barrage of "leave Hackett alone" comments because apparently this whole mess of an offense is Dianna Russini's fault.

Got it.  I typically dont look too much into that stuff.  Like I really doubt he meant that sincerely.  He very might have been protecting Hall  who also admitted he wasnt playing well to start the season but all good, no biggie, again, just thought it was a weird take all things considered.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

I thought they were brining him along slow in beginning of season coming of injury. That’s why they paid Cook a ton of money to suck. 

4 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

Did you see the games? I mean hall was wasted many time this year with inexplicable play calls and game.plans. you can't credit Hackett for being a good oc just cause hall is is spectacular.

He should have been the game plan every single week much like CMC is. End of story.

Oc was terrible. Hall was great. Pretty simple

• WTF? 1

Breece Hall was 4th in all-purpose yards and #1 in receiving yards for a RB in 2023. I don't buy that Hackett didn't realize he was a good player or whatever. I know he made the comment about not realizing how good of a receiver he was but again, #1 in receiving yards for a RB. What he said is less important than what he did.

• Upvote 1

Hackett is an atrocity and the worst oc in the NFL by a country mile.

He is here for one and one reason only, he makse Aaron Rodgers laugh and Rodgers knows he can do whatever the hell he wants with no push back or direction.

Of all the colossally stupid decisions of last year made by Douglas and Saleh this one is at the very top.

He will be fired next year after two wasted seasons.

• Upvote 2

On 2/3/2024 at 10:51 AM, JustInFudge said:

Breece Hall led all RB's in receiving yards and receptions.  He also had 2nd most yards from scrimmage for RB's only behind CMC.  Pretty impressive his OC was able to get him the ball that much 9 months into the season.

Can you imagine how good this kid can be running with even a decent OL. Now with Rodgers play action and passing, defenses are going to find out.  Let’s go JD. Don’t blow it.