Russini and Rosenblatt actually got it right

4 hours ago, Jetfuel66 said:

Hey bro!

I hope all is well in your world!

A while back you posted a pic of the fire hydrant that you painted Jets green. Do you mind sharing it again, I need some inspiration for mine.

TY

Will do!

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

So rare, Aaron Rodgers says the leaks must stop but while he is still a Packer and not yet a NY Jet he goes on macafee and states he is going to play and play for the jets, thus handing the packers a nice bit of trade leverage.

It's a crazy coincidence that there were a bunch of leaks on the packers when he was there. The Packers leaks seemed to have stopped now so I assume Detective Rodgers found the culprit. Hopefully he can find the Jets leaker soon too.

• Haha 1

An anonymous source has informed me that Bobby Saleh is 18-33 as an NFL head coach.

(Even though It’s really 17-33 since Ron Middleton coached the Jags game.)

Bro would have to go 16-1 next season to reach .500 😂for his career

Everything else is embarrassing, yes, but it’s not as if any further justification is even required for canning him.

I mean come on.

The guy is a loser.

13 hours ago, bgivs21 said:

They already got caught lying about the Zach story earlier this year. 

But everyone here wants to believe every word from these 2 because it aligns with their beliefs. 

Bingo! 

• More Ugh 2

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

An anonymous source has informed me that Bobby Saleh is 18-33 as an NFL head coach.

(Even though It’s really 17-33 since Ron Middleton coached the Jags game.)

Bro would have to go 16-1 next season to reach .500 😂for his career

Everything else is embarrassing, yes, but it’s not as if any further justification is even required for canning him.

I mean come on.

The guy is a loser.

While I do entirely agree with you, I also have to acknowledge that he has been given the worst qb room in the NFL year after year. Let's not forget the QB room, when Rodgers went down, consisted of Zach Wilson, Tim Boyle, and Trevor Siemian. Last year was Zach Wilson, Joe Flacco, Chris Streveler, and Mike White. 

I've soured a lot on Bob, but I also feel for him seeing what guys he had to deal with at the most important position in professional sports. 

It's not a coincidence that DeMeco Ryans, who coached under Saleh, is starting out as a success story when he has a rookie at QB who is clearly going to be one of the best in the league. DeMeco is not some genius head coach, he just has a competent QB who wins games. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

It’s not a lie if you truly believe it.  I don’t think the story was even marginally correct.  Just because it’s easy to see saleh as having a very thin skin and taking away cell phones at a meeting doesn’t make it so.  I think the biggest thing to take away is saleh thought the team was capable of seven wins after Rodgers went down.  Bring that man to Vegas. To me that’s kind of defeatist.  It must have surprised him when the team was 5-7 and heading into the “soft” part of the schedule.  He may not have been prepared.  This doesn’t speak much for all gas no break ( does all gas actually mean burping and no break mean no farting?).  The story was all half truths and spin to sell copy.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't know if this is true or not.  I didn't bother listening...

But it really doesn't matter.   The fact is the Jets are not a serious organization - Not one whose priority is to win football games.  Winning is a tertiary goal behind both Splashy PR (Primary objective of the owner) and Profit.

Surely all organizations care about Money - but under the salary cap rules there's plenty to be made while keeping your eye on the ball, Jets make silly tight pocketed decisions on a regular basis....and PR is important to all - but to the Jets priority is to make big splashy moves (even if it has an obvious negative impact on wins and losses) that allows the owner to talk to his friends at cocktail parties about how cool his team is.

Great post, but I’m siding with Woody on this one. Sorry Fido 

CD57CB8F-661A-4D89-820D-3F4EC60626ED.jpeg

• Haha 3

Dude, enough w/ Russini being legit nonsense.  It's ridiculous.  She is so absolutely full of sh*t that is literally pouring out of her mouth.  This has been proven over and over and over again.  I'll say it she's the female version of Jason LieConfora.  

Here is her latest take from this NFL "insider", I mean, come the **** on w/ this stupid idiot:

Athletic reporter Dianna Russini said an NFL general manager told her at the Senior Bowl in Mobile that Vrabel's physical presence might be too intimidating for staffers inside an organization.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Falco21 said:

While I do entirely agree with you, I also have to acknowledge that he has been given the worst qb room in the NFL year after year. Let's not forget the QB room, when Rodgers went down, consisted of Zach Wilson, Tim Boyle, and Trevor Siemian. Last year was Zach Wilson, Joe Flacco, Chris Streveler, and Mike White. 

I've soured a lot on Bob, but I also feel for him seeing what guys he had to deal with at the most important position in professional sports. 

It's not a coincidence that DeMeco Ryans, who coached under Saleh, is starting out as a success story when he has a rookie at QB who is clearly going to be one of the best in the league. DeMeco is not some genius head coach, he just has a competent QB who wins games. 

I was livid that he wasn't fired, but I also feel the same as you. To Saleh's credit, he's built a championship caliber defense that is the sole reason we didn't go winless this year. The fact that they've won 14 games the last two years with utter dogsh*t at the QB position is actually kind of amazing.

My biggest criticism of him has been the lack of discipline this team has shown. But even that can be attributed to players pushing too hard either out of frustration or just an eagerness to make something happen since they were at a huge disadvantage each week (no QB).

Saleh all but admitted this in his texts with Beningo, which I'm sure were said off the record, and Joe is an a$$hole for bringing up on the radio. As much as I don't like Saleh making excuses for himself and the team, he wasn't wrong.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

Athletic reporter Dianna Russini said an NFL general manager told her at the Senior Bowl in Mobile that Vrabel's physical presence might be too intimidating for staffers inside an organization.  

Could you imagine if she ever encountered @The Crusher irl???

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

Dude, enough w/ Russini being legit nonsense.  It's ridiculous.  She is so absolutely full of sh*t that is literally pouring out of her mouth.  This has been proven over and over and over again.  I'll say it she's the female version of Jason LieConfora.  

Here is her latest take from this NFL "insider", I mean, come the **** on w/ this stupid idiot:

Do you think she made that quote up? 

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Of all the things she could have pretended to hear, she’d pretend to hear that Vrabel was too big in his interviews?

Why is this so unbelievable to you that she made an completely insane comment like this up out of thin air?  These "journalist" do this all the time, "a GM in the league", "my sources".   It's total click bait nonsense, the league is filled w/ ex-player Head Coaches?  Please, nobody said this.  lol 

Just now, JustInFudge said:

Why is this so unbelievable to you that she made an completely insane comment like this up out of thin air?  These "journalist" do this all the time, "a GM in the league", "my sources".   It's total click bait nonsense, the league is filled w/ ex-player Head Coaches.  Please.  Sh

She’s in Vegas with every personnel dude in the sport walking around drunk as sh*t and high as a kite. Vrabel got fired from Tennessee because he told the woman owner that he didn’t want to take marching orders from a preemie GM with no track record, and that’s very likely why he doesn’t have a job now—he’s not averse to telling ownership to go **** themselves. What’s harder to believe—that owners would be uneasy hiring a giant dude who’ll tell them to **** off or that Russini would make up the quote out of whole cloth just for kicks? 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

She’s in Vegas with every personnel dude in the sport walking around drunk as sh*t and high as a kite. Vrabel got fired from Tennessee because he told the woman owner that he didn’t want to take marching orders from a preemie GM with no track record, and that’s very likely why he doesn’t have a job now—he’s not averse to telling ownership to go **** themselves. What’s harder to believe—that owners would be uneasy hiring a giant dude who’ll tell them to **** off or that Russini would make up the quote out of whole cloth just for kicks? 

To be be fair her quote said GM....which suggested General Manager but could mean an 89 year old frail hunchback GM - Ground Manager who can knocked over accidentally during practice one day by a physically imposing Vrabel. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I can believe that she had a casual conversation with a guy about Vrabel.

Her asking "What's up with Vrabel??" Random personnel guy at the slot machine "Lol. Have you met that guy? Those owners are too afraid of his big ass, they're not hiring him" 

And then forms a serious quote from it. 

9 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

I can believe that she had a casual conversation with a guy about Vrabel.

Her asking "What's up with Vrabel??" Random personnel guy at the slot machine "Lol. Have you met that guy? Those owners are too afraid of his big ass, they're not hiring him" 

And then forms a serious quote from it. 

I think the mistake we make is in thinking that the NFL world is populated by serious-thinking, introspective, smart people instead of a huge pack of deeply u qualified nepo-baby dudebro morons who got hired by their uncles. 

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There is a 0% chance that anyone in the NFL told Russini that his "physical presence might be too intimidating" is the reason why he's not getting a job.  0%.  Look around the league at the HC's, lol, 0%. 

Maybe they said, his personality is intimidating but nobody, at all, ever, said "physical presence".

• Thumb Down 1

8 hours ago, sourceworx said:

I was livid that he wasn't fired, but I also feel the same as you. To Saleh's credit, he's built a championship caliber defense that is the sole reason we didn't go winless this year. The fact that they've won 14 games the last two years with utter dogsh*t at the QB position is actually kind of amazing.

My biggest criticism of him has been the lack of discipline this team has shown. But even that can be attributed to players pushing too hard either out of frustration or just an eagerness to make something happen since they were at a huge disadvantage each week (no QB).

Saleh all but admitted this in his texts with Beningo, which I'm sure were said off the record, and Joe is an a$$hole for bringing up on the radio. As much as I don't like Saleh making excuses for himself and the team, he wasn't wrong.

100%

Saleh is not without fault. There are many things that he does that bother me, including his in game management. Still needs a lot of work on that front. With that said, it is hard to just point to him as a problem in a vacuum. It is not fair to look at his record and not attribute a large part of that to dogsh*t QB performances. Saleh does not make those moves, Douglas does. 

To that last point, I have been a Douglas supporter for a long time. He is the root cause of our issues right now. Granted, we have been dealt a sh*t hand with injuries, but if you want to point blame somewhere, almost all of it lands at his feet. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

Why is this so unbelievable to you that she made an completely insane comment like this up out of thin air?  These "journalist" do this all the time, "a GM in the league", "my sources".   It's total click bait nonsense, the league is filled w/ ex-player Head Coaches?  Please, nobody said this.  lol 

You're wrong on this one.  Charissa Thompson confirmed the story.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You're wrong on this one.  Charissa Thompson confirmed the story.

lmfao - Tom is out here neg rep'ing me as if we dont actually know these mofo's admit they lie all the time.  

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

lmfao - Tom is out here neg rep'ing me as if we dont actually know these mofo's admit they lie all the time.  

Russini is a gossip columnist, which is different than being a liar. You’d sh*t your wetsuit if Vrabel stepped to you. 

• Thumb Down 1