MVP voting

Looking like the same people who vote for Baseball HOF also vote for NFL MVP. Lamar was a shoo in to win, but Josh Allen 5th? Behind Dak and Purdy? In addition to getting the only other 1st place vote, you take Allen off the Bills and they are the Commanders.  

• Upvote 1

Doesn't seem egregious.

I personally would have gone

1. Lamar

2. Allen

3. IDK

4. IDK

But Dak over Allen doesn’t seem crazy. First, it’s second place. Neither is getting an award.

Statistically, they are similar

Total Yards: Allen 4,830, Prescott 4,758

Total TDs: Allen 44, Prescott 38

Total TOs: Allen 25, Prescott 13

Comp%: Allen 66.5%, Prescott 69.5%
QBR: Allen 69.6, Prescott 72.7

PFF Grade: Allen 92.1, Prescott 90.0

2-5 is a bit of a toss up. I don’t see a reason to criticize. Lamar was expected to win and he won by a landslide. The next 4 were debatable.

19 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Doesn't seem egregious.

I personally would have gone

1. Lamar

2. Allen

3. IDK

4. IDK

But Dak over Allen doesn’t seem crazy. First, it’s second place. Neither is getting an award.

Statistically, they are similar

Total Yards: Allen 4,830, Prescott 4,758

Total TDs: Allen 44, Prescott 38

Total TOs: Allen 25, Prescott 13

Comp%: Allen 66.5%, Prescott 69.5%
QBR: Allen 69.6, Prescott 72.7

PFF Grade: Allen 92.1, Prescott 90.0

2-5 is a bit of a toss up. I don’t see a reason to criticize. Lamar was expected to win and he won by a landslide. The next 4 were debatable.

I think if Dallas could trade Prescott today, they jump on it. Doubt Bills would even take the call.

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

I think if Dallas could trade Prescott today, they jump on it. Doubt Bills would even take the call.

Possibly. But I don't think that’s how they vote. Otherwise Mahomes should be the MVP every year. He’s truly the most valuable player in the league.

They vote looking at stats. And while I think Allen is more valuable to his team, he didn’t take care of the ball as well as Prescott. And Prescott was only about 70 yards shy in total yards.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

McCaffery should be at least #2

Lamar #1

McCaffery  #2

The 49ers are fascinating. Has there been another team with two players in the top 5 in mvp voting? That offense is stacked. McCaffrey, Aiyuk, Kittle, Williams, Deebo  and Purdy. 😂 I wonder who their players selected as team MVP.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Possibly. But I don't think that’s how they vote. Otherwise Mahomes should be the MVP every year. He’s truly the most valuable player in the league.

They vote looking at stats. And while I think Allen is more valuable to his team, he didn’t take care of the ball as well as Prescott. And Prescott was only about 70 yards shy in total yards.

I think MVP means the player who is most valuable to his team, that without him they are toast. You can make an argument that Dallas would be better without Dak. Lamb and Parsons are way more valuable. Bills are horrible without Allen.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Lamar has as many MVP's as he does playoff wins. Impressive. Props to the Ravens for getting that huge contract done. 

Look up the names who have won 2 or more MVP’s in the NFL.

20 minutes ago, August said:

This was the year a non QB should’ve won. This tells you that the award is the best QB of the year award. 

Seriously?

You need to get your eyes checked or something.

This isn’t a postseason award this is a regular season award.

Lamar Jackson ran away with this thing and it’s not even close bro.

Yeah he sh*t the bed vs the Chiefs but that doesn’t mean jack sh*t in the MVP voting.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

I think MVP means the player who is most valuable to his team, that without him they are toast. You can make an argument that Dallas would be better without Dak. Lamb and Parsons are way more valuable. Bills are horrible without Allen.

Agreed but where are the Ravens without Lamar?

Probably about the same as the Bills, but Lamar out performed Allen this year and every other QB in the REGULAR SEASON.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

11 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Seriously?

Yeah he sh*t the bed vs the Chiefs but that doesn’t mean jack sh*t in the MVP voting.

He doesn’t have MVP numbers. I do think his value isn’t quantified by numbers but they had to give it to a QB and Lamar was the best option for this year…

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Lamar has as many MVP's as he does playoff wins. Impressive. Props to the Ravens for getting that huge contract done. 

Guess who had 3 MVP's before his 3rd playoff win?  Peyton Manning.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Seriously?

Save it, these dudes were all the same bozo's saying Lamar was far removed from his MVP season and will never be close to an MVP again.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Probably about the same as the Bills, but Lamar out performed Allen this year and every other QB in the REGULAR SEASON.

Lamar really does meet the definition of the award "Most Valuable Player".  He did it all for the Ravens.  They were even the leaders in rushing in the NFL and he was their leading rusher.  (That's not meant as a "Lamar is a glorified RB" shot).  I think Josh Allen deserves plenty of consideration too.  He does so much for the Bills.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Absolutely infuriating. When I find out who is responsible for this I'm going to write them a strongly worded letter.

Your strongly worded letters have not worked when sending them to Saleh, Douglas and Woody.  Why should we think it would work this time?

I mean you can't even convince t0m shane that jaxson smith njigba would have been a better pick than will mcdonald!

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Your strongly worded letters have not worked when sending them to Saleh, Douglas and Woody.  Why should we think it would work this time?

I mean you can't even convince t0m shane that jaxson smith njigba would have been a better pick than will mcdonald!

I intend on breaking out my calligraphy pen for this one. No one can ignore a letter resembling the damn constitution.

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

McCaffery should be at least #2

Lamar #1

McCaffery  #2

I give McCaffery #1.   2000 yards.  20 TDs

Lamar threw for under 4000, 25 passing TDs.

It's not the mvp.  Just call it the best QB award

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, GreenFish said:

The 49ers are fascinating. Has there been another team with two players in the top 5 in mvp voting? That offense is stacked. McCaffrey, Aiyuk, Kittle, Williams, Deebo  and Purdy. 😂 I wonder who their players selected as team MVP.

Rams 2001 and 1999

Warner and Faulk were #1 and #2

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I give McCaffery #1.   2000 yards.  20 TDs

Lamar threw for under 4000, 25 passing TDs.

It's not the mvp.  Just call it the best QB award

Yeah call it the best QB award then give it to the worst QB of the bunch

4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Agree about Lamar. The most indispensable guy in the league. My argument is that Allen is #2

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, August said:

He doesn’t have MVP numbers. I do think his value isn’t quantified by numbers but they had to give it to a QB and Lamar was the best option for this year…

His last 3 weeks were absolutely ridiculous stat wise while all the other candidates (and it was very close at the time) sh*t the bed.  He won it those last 3 weeks.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Lamar really does meet the definition of the award "Most Valuable Player".  He did it all for the Ravens.  They were even the leaders in rushing in the NFL and he was their leading rusher.  (That's not meant as a "Lamar is a glorified RB" shot).  I think Josh Allen deserves plenty of consideration too.  He does so much for the Bills.

5 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Both of them suck….. as evidenced by the fact we passed on them in the draft. If they were any good, our front office would have identified them.  They suck. 😡

• Haha 2