Joe Flacco - "Comeback Player of the Year...?

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Flacco, whose own kids think he sucks, beat out a modern Lazarus.  That’s impressive.

Joe Flacco stepped in from off the street and carried the Browns to the playoffs. They’d build a statue of him in Florham Park if he did that with the Jets.

• Sympathy 1

Hall doesn’t warrant CBPotY. He got hurt mid rookie year yes, but that’s not enough. He had to have a resume before the injury. He didn’t. He had the start of a resume. Isn’t enough, certainly not compared to Old Man Flacco leading a late year playoff drive. This wasn’t/isn’t some anti jets slight, come on lol.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Hall doesn’t warrant CBPotY. He got hurt mid rookie year yes, but that’s not enough. He had to have a resume before the injury. He didn’t. He had the start of a resume. Isn’t enough, certainly not compared to Old Man Flacco leading a late year playoff drive. This wasn’t/isn’t some anti jets slight, come on lol.

If Geno Smith can win it, Breece Hall can also.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Untouchable said:

As long as Hamlin didn’t win it

I’m glad the dude didn’t die on the field, but he’s a fringe roster player who played like 3 snaps all year.

8 snaps if you count special teams. 

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Breece Hall could be replaced by any of 15 guys in the NFL right now, and nobody would ever notice.That’s not even a knock on him. He’s a a really good RB. 

Joe Flacco came in and saved the Browns season.

You need to go play golf haha 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Breece Hall could be replaced by any of 15 guys in the NFL right now, and nobody would ever notice.That’s not even a knock on him. He’s a a really good RB. 

Until he ended the Browns season...🤣

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Wasn't what I was implying at all. The point is that in order to be "Comeback whatever of the whatever", maybe there should be something you are "Coming Back" FROM. Flacco was chilling at home, got a call and went onto an otherwise VERY good roster and good team, played an entire 5 games... and then melted down in the playoffs. What was the adversity he came back from? Spending time with his family? LOL.

• Upvote 1

It depends on how you measure a comeback. It’s about how much you improved and the distance you had to travel and obstacles you had to overcome, to get there. . Coming back from death on national TV, that moved the entire league and country, and you come back the following season to play in the NFL, I think you deserve the award. I don’t care how many games you played. 

Joe Flacco actually played well in a few games for the Jets in 2022-2023. It’s not like he wasn’t in the league. And he came back to play 7 games. I don’t think Flacco deserved the award. It deserved to go to Hamlin for coming back from death or Breece Hall, coming back from season ending knee surgery, early in the season, where others take years to get back to a top level, he comes back to be 4th in the NFL in scrimmage yards. That’s a comeback. 

Flacco type comebacks happen nearly every other season. Hamlin and Breece comebacks never happen  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Thank God. It took a fellow Dead Head to realize you need to have a track record. Jerry would be proud of you.😎

Not realizing how talented Breece Hall is and slandering his name  by saying he could be replaced by the definition of a Mid RB is why we deserve exactly  what this francise gives us.

2nd in all purpose yards.... the year after tearing his acl... while playing for a completely inept team...

You people are the reason we shouldn't be allowed to have nice things... and why I actively petition us to remain horrible for all time.  I will happily suffer if it means you suffer too.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Not realizing how talented Breece Hall is and slandering his name  by saying he could be replaced by the definition of a Mid RB is why we deserve exactly  what this francise gives us.

2nd in all purpose yards.... the year after tearing his acl... while playing for a completely inept team...

You people are the reason we shouldn't be allowed to have nice things... and why I actively petition us to remain horrible for all time.  I will happily suffer if it means you suffer too.

night what do you mean GIF

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

Says who?  lol  Chad Pennington won it twice, (could have sworn they changed the trophy to his name, or maybe that was me? idk, anywho).  He played in 5 games before going on the IR the first time and the second time he wont it after Mangini benched him when we started 1-7.  lol 

23 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

How many players can replace Jamar Hamlin on the Bills roster? Just curious....

16 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

Says who?

Literally everyone outside of Jets Fans?

lol  Chad Pennington won it twice

He did.

He won it the first time for his 7th season, after missing most of his 6th season.  He had 5 seasons of resume (3 as a starter, 2 of which were playoff seasons) prior to the injury, and post injury helped lead the Jets to a 10-6 record and a third playoff berth with him as QB.

Hall, on the other hand, played a total of 7 games, with 2 started, and 463 career rushing yards before his injury.  i.e. he had no meaningful Pro-level success/resume for him to "Come Back" to.  And he was underutilized, and played for loser franchise in it's 13th strait loser season, which doesn't help him.  And he's a RB in "running backs are disposable in the NFL in 2024", not a QB, which also doesn't help him.

Generally, CBPotY is a player with a meaningful, multi-year resume of success (to some degree) at the NFL level, who either gets hurt or sucks badly, then "Comes Back" to his previous quality play or much better.

It's not an award for an injured 2-start rookie who gets hurt his rookie year.

I love Hall as a player, I wanted him badly when almost ALL of JN called me an idiot for it.  I'm hardly a Hall detractor or critic or cynic.  He and G. Wilson are my favorite current players.

He just doesn't deserve this award at this time.

He played in 5 games before going on the IR the first time

Having started most of three full seasons prior to those 5 games.  Hall had 2 starts before his rookie year injury.

I think that's the point everyone is choosing to overlook.  CBPotY isn't just a "got hurt, came back" award.  You have to have been meaningfully decent, for a meaningful amount of time, prior to that hurt/suck, generally speaking.

I am sure there are exceptions, of course, but an underutilized RB (in pass-happy 2024) on a sh*t team in it's 13th sh*t year isn't the guy whose going to be an exception.

Which is why everyone other than Jets Fans generally agree, and almost no one one voted for him at all.

• Upvote 1