NFL Combine NEWS + Reports (JD Press conference)

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

Let me get this straight, I have to endure 100's of threads about Zach, Pro or Con but JD tells Zach to find a trade partner there isn't one thread about it. 

giphy.gif

Because that's been "news" for over a month.  Its not a breaking story.

• Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Are panties that bunched these days ?

Playing the "you're mentally challenged" card is always ban-worthy.  It's 2024.  Society has long passed by the time when insults like that one are OK.  

We have like 3 clear rules here.  No politics, religion or personal attacks, no?  How hard is for people to follow these?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hope your inevitable banning was worth it, bickety.

You're one of those guys, huh? Calling for bans. Figures.

In cases like these, absolutely.  Matt did nothing to you.  And I don't even like Matt that much, lol.

Playing the "you're mentally challenged" card is always ban-worthy.  It's 2024.  Society has long passed by the time when insults like that one are OK.  
We have like 3 clear rules here.  No politics, religion or personal attacks, no?  How hard is for people to follow these?
In cases like these, absolutely.  Matt did nothing to you.  And I don't even like Matt that much, lol.
He asked if Wilson had a no trade clause....in his rookie contract. That's trolling and I responded in kind. I know you're Mr. 200,000 Post Guy but thank God you aren't a moderator. And if you want I can go show you dozens of posts that were against the rules and the poster wasn't banned (Zach being a Mormon has been brought up quite a bit.) Stop crying.

39 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
3 hours ago, Matt39 said:
Currently using it to hypothesize how many user names you’ve had here. May need a calculator. 

One, Chief. Don't overthink it.

Great. Just don’t be a dick. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:

He asked if Wilson had a no trade clause....in his rookie contract. That's trolling and I responded in kind. I know you're Mr. 200,000 Post Guy but thank God you aren't a moderator. And if you want I can go show you dozens of posts that were against the rules and the poster wasn't banned. Stop crying.

Trolling who? Zach Wilson? None of this stuff is personal. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

It would be fantastic if woody and douglas go around saying how they want to fix the OL and then go into the draft and pull a stunner and trade for a qb.  I wouldn’t mind if they used next year’s 1 if they got a qb.  

That would be playing chess. 
the jets and most of their fans are defeatist checker ppl

i guarantee you, this draft and the qbs we pass on to build around the mistake known as aaron rodgers will be forever lamented. 

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

There's a few pieces left to play out--

• new regime, so they're not necessary under fire at the moment. This is not a "good" QB class IMO. 
  • Mac Jones is the kind of QB that is barely good enough to start, but can't win a game for you. Drake might be that guy too, I think they'll be wary making the same mistake twice. 
  • Russ Wilson (for example) can be had. Might trade for him, and find the right guy next year if you don't love your options at #3 this year. 

I can see Bo Nix being a Patriot. Ew. 

I agree with Maye being exactly as you've described him. I also don't like him.

If I were a pats fan, the bolded would be really interesting to me. Trade out of #3 and accumulate draft picks to better the roster, take Bo at #34, and sit him behind Russell for a year making league minimum. And if I can't get a bounty for #3, stay put and take the best player in the draft (MHJ) who will immediately help whoever the QB is for a long time. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:
Trolling who? Zach Wilson? None of this stuff is personal. 

Says the guy who keeps tabs on Wilson's whereabouts 24/7.

You seemingly have the same infatuation with me, so even. 

• Upvote 2

Its funny to read these conflicts between posters.

Like i know bicketybam the screen name but know nothing about him. Him and Matt have issues. I like one matt, but the other annoys me. Funny thing is i cant remember which one or why. Then of course you have jetfan80 who stirs the pot and shoots his mouth off constantly getting involved in everything while skirting the rules but professing to be an angel. This place is a riot for real and the posters provide more entertainment than the jets sadly

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

idk if this was posted too?

More time wasted ammirite. 

Jd: “boss i have an idea. I want to set up a smokscreen and speak to qbs at the combine. This way, at 10, ppl wont assume we dont need a qb because we have you and we might get better and or more trade offers. Is that ok? I dont want any bad blood between us”

ar: “hmmmm yes ok. You have my blessing”

18 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I agree with Maye being exactly as you've described him. I also don't like him.

If I were a pats fan, the bolded would be really interesting to me. Trade out of #3 and accumulate draft picks to better the roster, take Bo at #34, and sit him behind Russell for a year making league minimum. And if I can't get a bounty for #3, stay put and take the best player in the draft (MHJ) who will immediately help whoever the QB is for a long time. 

i think you can get Nix much later than that my friend... Sadly the pats are in a good position to acquire an above average starter like Russ or Jimmy to steward in the new era, draft Nix later in the draft (or not at all) -- take MHJ, and trade out of #34 (which picks #31-35 are highly coveted spots to trade up for a player that you love and didn't think would slip out of Rnd1) then acquire day 2 picks and replenish your roster. 

Good spot to be in for those dirtbags

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is the JETS we're talking about...right?  The Jets?  And you think they're playing chess when everyone else is playing checkers on this one?

They're probably only doing it because Woody told them to and he doesn't get that Caleb is unavailable to us.

You’re right. They’re probably asking him what his strengths & weaknesses are to help us game plan against him.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Paradis said:

i think you can get Nix much later than that my friend... Sadly the pats are in a good position to acquire an above average starter like Russ or Jimmy to steward in the new era, draft Nix later in the draft (or not at all) -- take MHJ, and trade out of #34 (which picks #31-35 are highly coveted spots to trade up for a player that you love and didn't think would slip out of Rnd1) then acquire day 2 picks and replenish your roster. 

They will trade #34 for Fields and then take Harrison.

46 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Fair enough. I think someone will fall in love with him. Started his freshman year, has 5 years starting under his belt; 3 for SEC and 2 for Pac, got better every year. Good build, big hands, strong arm, explosive runner. He's got everything you want in a project QB. 

Agreed pats are in a good spot this year. Hopefully the **** it up. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Why in the bloody blazes is JD interviewing QBs?

I have two theories 

1) other teams ask the Jets to make the interview while they keep their interest quiet. In return they do the same for the Jets 

2) there's a very real chance that new England ends up with one of these guys and it's good to have opposition research 

Note I do not believe in a million years these guys make it to 10 or that the Jets would trade up to draft these players. Or even draft a qb at all over the 3 day draft 

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Bruh.  We don't even have a 2nd rounder to make a move up.  What are we gonna do - package 10, Bryce Huff, and three future 1sts?  All to take a QB that Joe Douglas/Saleh might not even be here long enough to see make an ascension?  

Hell yes its far-fetched.

We have 2 4th rounders!  1.10 and one of our 4th rounders for #1 overall.

• Haha 1