Spectacular Bust potential- Caleb Williams

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Becoming the middle aged man opining on the attitude of “kids today” wasn’t how you thought your life would turn out, was it?

I’m sorry to hear you feel this way. I’m very comfortable saying I hated everything that came out of his mouth. Caleb is going to need to be humbled in the most significant way if he’s going to be successful. 

23 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I hear you, and I think he’s an arrogant SOB… but like I said, the kid doesn’t need to play the “combine game”.
He’s already gotten a bag from NIL and he’s going to get another one from the NFL. He’s gonna be worth $50 mil come the end of April. You think he gives a sh*t about what the league or people on a message board think?

If he ends up in a good situation and puts up above average level QB for his team, he’s looking at another $300 mil plus in his career. Caleb Williams is living his best life.

These guys are all setting themselves up for more luxurious and freeing lives than 99% of us. As I've mentioned, when I was 22, I was making around $16k a year as an E-4 in the Infantry. 

But, I've made the most of what I have. How many of these guys will make a few million (what should be life changing money) before they ever even touch the field in an actual NFL Game and piss it away in a few years... 

Anyway, sure. Caleb is already rich. Zach is rich. Many former busts are rich as ****. Good for them. Hooray, Capitalism!! (Not sarcasm, legit). But unlike most, Caleb is a bitch and an a$$hole, and thinks he's earned the right to do what he wants.

He's more Manziel than Mahomes.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Yea, because having a ah*t attitude and personality has never sank a QB 🙄

The guy could be anything in the full range of Ceausescu to Lincoln and I really couldn’t give any sh*ts if he’s not letting his knees be evaluated.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I’m sorry to hear you feel this way. I’m very comfortable saying I hated everything that came out of his mouth. Caleb is going to need to be humbled in the most significant way if he’s going to be successful. 

We’re going to have to disagree with that logic. I’d venture to guess there are a lot of successful pro athletes you would’ve thought needed to be humbled if you knew more about them coming out of school.

15 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Caleb is a bitch and an a$$hole, and thinks he's earned the right to do what he wants.

He's more Manziel than Mahomes.

Wow... just wow.
You talk like you know him and he did you wrong. That’s a lot of vitriol for someone who is simply blowing off the combine. 😂

13 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m going to venture a guess that  a lot of guys here are going to have a hard time with the NIL generation not being humble enough for their taste.

There are about 250 guys at the combine right now that are part of the "NIL generation" who haven't acted like spoiled children the last 2 years. And everything I've seen and heard about Williams is very familiar.

He's Kyler Murray 2.0.

....and stop virtue signalling.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

There are about 250 guys at the combine right now that are part of the "NIL generation" who haven't acted like spoiled children the last 2 years. And everything I've seen and heard about Williams is very familiar.

He's Kyler Murray 2.0.

....and stop virtue signalling.

The 250 guys you’re talking about who are playing the combine game are doing so to curry favor with an NFL team in order to get drafted higher. Caleb Williams doesn’t have to do that.

BTW, your Manziel comp was enough, the Kyler Murray one was overkill. I get it.. you don’t like the kid. I’m not a fan either, I’m just not as emotionally invested in him as you are.

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Take the rest of the crap out of the equation (where he's still an outlier), and we're still left with a tiny guy from the Pac-10 who's game is "run around until someone breaks free",  with an entitled, sh*tty me-first attitude and is highly emotional.

Nope.

Could you imagine a QB who jumped in the stands, buried his head in his Momma t!ts, and balled?

New York Strong.

This is above and beyond emotional 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

The 250 guys you’re talking about who are playing the combine game are doing so to curry favor with an NFL team in order to get drafted higher. Caleb Williams doesn’t have to do that.

BTW, your Manziel comp was enough, the Kyler Murray one was overkill. I get it.. you don’t like the kid. I’m not a fan either, I’m just not as emotionally invested in him as you are.

"Emotionally invested"? I think its hilarious that some team (Bears) is going to Zach themselves with him. 😆 

You're the one here acting like his uncle. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

"Emotionally invested"? I think its hilarious that some team (Bears) is going to Zach themselves with him. 😆 

You're the one here acting like his uncle. 

Yeah, I’m definitely the one in here who is over reacting. 😂

I hear you, and I think he’s an arrogant SOB… but like I said, the kid doesn’t need to play the “combine game”.
He’s already gotten a bag from NIL and he’s going to get another one from the NFL. He’s gonna be worth $50 mil come the end of April. You think he gives a sh*t about what the league or people on a message board think?
If he ends up in a good situation and puts up above average level QB for his team, he’s looking at another $300 mil plus in his career. Caleb Williams is living his best life.

and He will be a bust.

ALL OF THE ABOVE ARE 100% TRUE IMO.

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

You're conflating Caleb becoming wealthy vs being a great leader and QB for a franchise

2 different things 

• Post of the Week 2

Meh .... He is a pompous .. me first... don't gotta listen to the man ... College superstar that paints his fingernails.

I think his game has bust written all over it ..but as tackling continues to get legislated out of the game ... It may open the door to allow him to run around with his headless chicken act and achieve great success.

We just don't know.

The question remains "... how many of his teammates came to his birthday party ?" .

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

This should be an entertaining thread to visit back to no matter what happens.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

ryan-howard-bj-novak.gif

Meh. Considering how many QBs taken high in the 1st round have busted the past 10 years, someone predicting Williams is going to bust isn’t quite the Hot Take they think it is.

It’s more their reasoning I’m questioning. We took Darnold #3 in ‘18 and Wilson #2 in ‘21. They both busted and both had the personality of choir boys. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

Caleb is rich

Zach is wealthy 

I explained this exact thing, and the difference between the two to my 12 year old the other day. Many others in different circumstances might consider our family "rich", but wealth is a completely different thing...

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, bitonti said:

Yup. He's like a better Zach. No schedule, no timing, no sense of running an offense in the system

And if you point that out, people say you're a reactionary or a boomer or whatever

I'm not mad that he paints his nails. I'm not even mad that he cries.

But the 30 career fumbles in 31 games is a problem. His game is schoolyard ball, he's very very busty. 

at least it's not our problem (for once)  

I hope no one ever gives Zach a chance that albatross belongs solely around JDs neck.

@Jet Nut

22 hours ago, slimjasi said:

It feels like it’s becoming trendy to label Williams a bust. 

He certainly may be, IDK

But he’s been considered the best prospect for a long time. I’m not sure about his maturity/mental makeup, but I’m generally not sure about that stuff for any draftee. 

The biggest thing that would scare me would be that he’s going to the Bears, who are very Jetlike with their inability to draft and/or develop a good QB

This is pretty much how I feel. Hes considered a top 5 pick for a reason lol Sure hes got high bust potential, but so do a lot of top prospects. People on here acting like how dare he be considered a 1st round prospect.

He def needs to go to team with weapons that can move him along in a simple offensive system that utilizes his skillset. I don't know if the Bears are that. I think he could find success with Kingsbury and the Commanders. And of course maturity plays a role wherever you end up.   

I still (and have always) had Maye above Caleb on my board. JMHO. Daniels still has the highest upside of the 3 and if I was the bears I would think long and hard about rolling the dice on him if you are set on a QB. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Paradis said:

Exactly this. Im not denying his talent, but the NFL players that are successful long term come in humble, do the work, and SOMETIMES make it. You need to have an innate belief in yourself, but show people up on the field, not in the board room. The money comes with time. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, slimjasi said:

It feels like it’s becoming trendy to label Williams a bust. 

He certainly may be, IDK

But he’s been considered the best prospect for a long time. I’m not sure about his maturity/mental makeup, but I’m generally not sure about that stuff for any draftee. 

The biggest thing that would scare me would be that he’s going to the Bears, who are very Jetlike with their inability to draft and/or develop a good QB

Amazingly, they might actually be worse than us QB-wise over the last ~35 years

11 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I explained this exact thing, and the difference between the two to my 12 year old the other day. Many others in different circumstances might consider our family "rich", but wealth is a completely different thing...

@Sperm Edwards Which emoji do we use for "humble brag"?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Some kids would think that a kid with a PS4 and Dinner on the table every night are "rich". 

Shrugs GIF

Dude, you're the man.  Always enjoyed your posts.  I was just messing with you.

• Haha 2