Brock Purdy found his Mrs Irrelevant

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Can you imagine if this kid was a Jet.... How different his path would have been ...

He found the yellow brick road to nirvana in SF ...in NY it would have been the Highway to Hell.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

He would have been on the practice squad at best.  heck, I would argue had the Jets drafted Brady, he would never have been Brady. We have to be one of the worst teams in developing talent. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

He would have been on the practice squad at best.  heck, I would argue had the Jets drafted Brady, he would never have been Brady. We have to be one of the worst teams in developing talent. 

I developed a lot of frustration and anger with the Jets, but gained no talent :-(

5 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Smart chick. Get married before the extension kicks in. 

Seriously. He'd better be 250 million % sure, because I think legally she's now responsible for 50% of all subsequent contracts and endorsements he gets for as long as they're married, as though he couldn't and wouldn't have made any of it without her.

5 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Smart chick. Get married before the extension kicks in. 

Locked in while living in a 50/50 state.Next thing on her “Things-to-do list” is to get pregnant.

In California, a wife is entitled to half of the marital assets and up to 40% of her spouse's income for child support, spousal support. 

• WTF? 1

33 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Not to be a dick, but they look like they could be related. Her face is basically his face

Hasn’t that been shown to be reality?  I mean people do chose those who look like them.  Ever look at some dog/dog owner photos?  Sometimes it’s pretty uncanny.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Seriously. He'd better be 250 million % sure, because I think legally she's now responsible for 50% of all subsequent contracts and endorsements he gets for as long as they're married, as though he couldn't and wouldn't have made any of it without her.

Should’ve been married in Texas.  Only the lawyers make out in divorce.  But really, maybe it’ll be a nice long lasting marriage.  Good luck to them.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Should’ve been married in Texas.  Only the lawyers make out in divorce.  But really, maybe it’ll be a nice long lasting marriage.  Good luck to them.

Lawyers and the womenfolk who simply marry men who possess singular skills that pay like few other professions.

Hopefully it never comes up. Ditto with nobody's favorite - Mrs. Mahomes - and the rest potentially cashing totally unearned 9-figure checks.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Because we've had owners that are always looking to shortcuts to success.  And they always either reach for a QB in the draft when they still have a team that is not ready for a rookie QB to start or sign a veteran near the end of their career in the belief the veteran QB will mask the team's weaknesses. No one in charge of the Jets ever just took the time to build out the entire team in the draft with a journeyman jag at QB before grooming a rookie QB to become the starter. JD was supposed to be the guy to do that, but instead he caved to ownership and actually committed BOTH mistakes in a short period of time by reaching for Zach Wilson rather than trade back to continue to build the team AND then trading for AR8 to try to mask the myriad of weaknesses on O. 

44 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Agreed… I was just having some fun with it. He seems like a grounded young man… usually the players screw up these marriages with all the travel & groupies & social media hounds

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Can you imagine if this kid was a Jet.... How different his path would have been ...

He found the yellow brick road to nirvana in SF ...in NY it would have been the Highway to Hell.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Yep, then his wife look like…

2A736D9F-2AB9-4308-BCF8-DC279EB32787.webp

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Because we've had owners that are always looking to shortcuts to success.  And they always either reach for a QB in the draft when they still have a team that is not ready for a rookie QB to start or sign a veteran near the end of their career in the belief the veteran QB will mask the team's weaknesses. No one in charge of the Jets ever just took the time to build out the entire team in the draft with a journeyman jag at QB before grooming a rookie QB to become the starter. JD was supposed to be the guy to do that, but instead he caved to ownership and actually committed BOTH mistakes in a short period of time by reaching for Zach Wilson rather than trade back to continue to build the team AND then trading for AR8 to try to mask the myriad of weaknesses on O. 

and they are supported by 3-4 homers on this board.  Drafting AR8 was Favre all over again and is the absolute sign of weakness in our front office's ability to draft and develop talent.   Good post Sonny!!!