Please don't sign OBJ; Update 5/3, We Didn't, Signs with Miami

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

After Williams we do not need to sign another vet WR.   We need to be drafting two in the upcoming deep wr class.

I agree. But how deep is it really? I think there’s a pretty big drop off after the top 10-12 guys imo. 

if jets go oline rd 1, which a lot of people here want (I prefer WR rd 1) we don’t pick again until rd 3. In rd 3 your looking at the 12-15th best wr. So who are you targeting there that is a difference maker?

you only get 1 shot at a guy like Rome Odunze. You’re not finding someone like him in rd 4 or 5.  

4 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I agree. But how deep is it really? I think there’s a pretty big drop off after the top 10-12 guys imo. 

if jets go oline rd 1, which a lot of people here want (I prefer WR rd 1) we don’t pick again until rd 3. In rd 3 your looking at the 12-15th best wr. So who are you targeting there that is a difference maker?

you only get 1 shot at a guy like Rome Odunze. You’re not finding someone like him in rd 4 or 5.  

I think there are guys in mid to late rounds who could be pretty good.   In any case you never find the next Nakua or Diggs or Antonino Brown or Amon Ra st brown if you do not at least try and pick them mid rounds.  Douglas picks one guy and then says we good!  Guys like mims and Moore.

I have no issue with taking a wr with our first pick, we should still pick another in this draft.   We should be double dipping at wr and oline

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I think there are guys in mid to late rounds who could be pretty good.   In any case you never find the next Nakua or Diggs or Antonino Brown or Amon Ra st brown if you do not at least try and pick them mid rounds.  Douglas picks one guy and then says we good!  Guys like mims and Moore.

I have no issue with taking a wr with our first pick, we should still pick another in this draft.   We should be double dipping at wr and oline

Totally agree with everything you wrote. I guess what I was trying to say that it would be very jetsy to wait until the 3rd rd to take a wr when most of the good ones are gone. 

obviously there is always a puka nacua in every draft. I Just don’t have much faith in the jets finding that player lol

• Upvote 1

On 3/21/2024 at 5:38 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm with you on this but I did hear on one of the sports radio stations (I think WFAN) that the Jets were linked to OBJ.  The hosts were saying that he had a very good run in the playoffs a few years ago when the Rams won the SB (Though IIRC he got hurt in the SB).  I do kind of remember him playing very well and thinking he was a threat again.

67F50CB1-DC07-4D79-B254-2ABDA4544DBF.thumb.jpeg.5ae2ed6ade6bddb9d5c0de3943f62fc4.jpeg

If we can get him at reasonable price ($5M - $7M) to play primarily out of the slot, that would be fine.  With Garrett and Williams on the outside, OBJ could have a role on this team -- I would not have liked an OBJ signing if it was our only vet WR signing, but I would like it more now than I would have a week ago.

That said, I don't see him signing cheap, in which case I don't want him.  I think he would be more likely to wait until training camp or even into the season to see if some team gets a bit more desperate after a key injury. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/21/2024 at 7:38 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm with you on this but I did hear on one of the sports radio stations (I think WFAN) that the Jets were linked to OBJ.  The hosts were saying that he had a very good run in the playoffs a few years ago when the Rams won the SB (Though IIRC he got hurt in the SB).  I do kind of remember him playing very well and thinking he was a threat again.

And for what it’s worth, down here they’re saying he’s linked to the fish and will sign here 

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Lith said:

If we can get him at reasonable price ($5M - $7M) to play primarily out of the slot, that would be fine.  With Garrett and Williams on the outside, OBJ could have a role on this team -- I would not have liked an OBJ signing if it was our only vet WR signing, but I would like it more now than I would have a week ago.

That said, I don't see him signing cheap, in which case I don't want him.  I think he would be more likely to wait until training camp or even into the season to see if some team gets a bit more desperate after a key injury. 

IMO, Douglas has to be careful who he puts around Garrett Wilson going into contract time, and OBJ might be the last dude I’d want in his ear. Not that OBJ is a bad guy, but it’s notable that no one who signs him shows much interest in holding on to him

• Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

IMO, Douglas has to be careful who he puts around Garrett Wilson going into contract time, and OBJ might be the last dude I’d want in his ear. Not that OBJ is a bad guy, but it’s notable that no one who signs him shows much interest in holding on to him

Because OBJ is done.  He was a WR4 with the ravens last year.  Occasionally he can get a big gain on a go route or a post and then gets injured

He’s just a name now

• Upvote 2

On 3/21/2024 at 3:29 AM, extmenace said:

He’s no longer a #1, may not even be a number 2, as a low priced 3, you could do a lot worse. I haven’t seen anything linking him to us but if he came on a cheap deal, I’d much rather have odell running routes vs lazard.

Really? Cause as limited as lazard is I think he is far better wr3 at this point in his career.

36 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Hahahahah perfect comparison.

I hope he gets no wheezing near this team. Is dope smoking ass needs to stay out of jets nation 

To be fair OBJ was a great player first 2-3 years of his career.  Jamal Adams was insanely overrated by the media.  

17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Dislike Do Not Want GIF by MOODMAN

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

To be fair OBJ was a great player first 2-3 years of his career.  Jamal Adams was insanely overrated by the media.  

To be fair Adams had a great season and won us games because of game plan

Obj yes I agree won games because of raw talent but those days are gone

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Really? Cause as limited as lazard is I think he is far better wr3 at this point in his career.

Signing with baltimore was a horrible idea if he was trying to re-establish his value. Lamar is a 3000-3500 yard passer that isn't that great of a thrower. He signed on to compete as a 2nd or 3rd option in an offense where the QB has had 1 1k WR in his 6 year career. The Ravens overpaid for OBJ to make lamar happy.  I can't blame OBJ for taking the money at this stage in his career but there is a reason the ravens can't land top end WR talent.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

To be fair Adams had a great season and won us games because of game plan

Obj yes I agree won games because of raw talent but those days are gone

Tbh I can’t recall a game Adams won for us but if he did he didn’t win many those were some lean years

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Tbh I can’t recall a game Adams won for us but if he did he didn’t win many those were some lean years

Haha there were two games that he was a decided factor...inmean he was a big part of it . Like the last. But do not get me wrong it was schemed up to him and thank God cause we were able to unload him 

• 1 month later...
  • Lith changed the title to Please don't sign OBJ; Update 5/3, We Didn't, Signs with Miami
7 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Because our WR2 is not going to be 100% week 1 and OBJ had a nice season last year and was a major contributor to a SB win with the rams. God forbid Garrett needs to miss a couple of games, OBJ would be a nice player to step into his role. 

Allen Robinson is sitting out there on his couch at this moment if we needed to add someone who can do what OBJ does (I.E. very little).  

• Haha 1