Joe Douglas Speaks

14 minutes ago, Wit said:

I havent watched it yet, but Im guessing this is a whole lotta nothin. Woody spoke as well and denied nixing any Zach trades. Duh. 

Just watched. Yes, you are correct.

It's unsurprising how many different ways he can say some iteration of "we're open to that, that's an option, we're exploring that, our board isn't set" and within about 2 minutes of each other (about the draft) "we're looking for guys that can contribute right away" and "we're not just scouting for year one, but for their whole rookie contract"

Also unsurprising? His disdain for Rich Cimini is palpable. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Just watched. Yes, you are correct.

It's unsurprising how many different ways he can say some iteration of "we're open to that, that's an option, we're exploring that, our board isn't set" and within about 2 minutes of each other (about the draft) "we're looking for guys that can contribute right away" and "we're not just scouting for year one, but for their whole rookie contract"

Also unsurprising? His disdain for Rich Cimini is palpable. 

Cimini is the definition of mediocre.

If JD doesn’t learn from the mistakes he made last year when he mostly drafted players who were NOT ready to contribute right away, he will be the definition of putz.

• Upvote 1

In my eyes, the one thing that separates JD from Saleh is that JD seems to have an openness to learn from his mistakes.  He obviously failed keeping Zach as the primary backup last year but there are some positive signs.  

1. First couple of years, his premium draft picks fit a boom or bust profile AND didn’t pass the mental fortitude test.  Becton, Mims, Zach, Moore.  The exception being AVT.

Then came Sauce, Garrett, JJ, Breece, Tippmann.  The question mark being McDonald who still flashed last year.

2. Last year, he gave Rodgers too much input into personnel decisions.  Yes, it’s tough to veto Rodger’s desire to sign some of his guys including Cook considering Aaron gave back $35M.  But still .. that’s his job.

This year, I don’t see one personnel decision with Rodger’s name on it.  Even the OBJ talk has died down. 

Promising from my point of view.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

In my eyes, the one thing that separates JD from Saleh is that JD seems to have an openness to learn from his mistakes.  He obviously failed keeping Zach as the primary backup last year but there are some positive signs.  

1. First couple of years, his premium draft picks fit a boom or bust profile AND didn’t pass the mental fortitude test.  Becton, Mims, Zach, Moore.  The exception being AVT.

Then came Sauce, Garrett, JJ, Breece, Tippmann.  The question mark being McDonald who still flashed last year.

2. Last year, he gave Rodgers too much input into personnel decisions.  Yes, it’s tough to veto Rodger’s desire to sign some of his guys including Cook considering Aaron gave back $35M.  But still .. that’s his job.

This year, I don’t see one personnel decision with Rodger’s name on it.  Even the OBJ talk has died down. 

Promising from my point of view.

what kind of mistakes has Saleh done? 

1 hour ago, doitny said:

what kind of mistakes has Saleh done? 

Feel free to add to the list ;).  The caveat is we really don’t have that inside view who is driving what decisions.  In my opinion, the following falls on Saleh’s shoulders as the HC.

1. Hot air!  Bad at the PR side.  ‘‘Receipts’, ‘embarassing opposing QBs’, ‘Jets took a step forward in 2023’.

2. Lack of accountability.  The ‘all gas, no brakes’ should be changed to ‘all gas, no discipline’.

3.  Bad (uninspired) starts.  It might be a risk free bet to take the Jets not scoring a TD on the opening drive. ‘Our D will hold them’.  How about a change in mentality that includes running a trick play that falls outside the Jets tendencies?

4. Too late making in season changes..  Uzomah, Zach (2 years in a row), Cook, Lazard.  Or demanding that his OC start throwing the ball to Breece Hall.  Apparently neither Hackett nor Saleh knew he could catch & run.

5. If I recall correctly, voted by his players as ‘least efficient with their practice time’ at least 2 years running 

6. Overly rigid (system driven).  Why not use Sauce to take a guy like CeeDee Lamb out of the game when he is killing you?  In a robotic voice ‘that’s not how we play.  Sauce plays the left, Reed plays the right’.

I can keep going ;).  

• Upvote 1

On paper, the Jets have a top 10 talented roster in the NFL with a chance to go to the Super Bowl if they stay healthy and AR still has something in the tank. 

If it wasn’t the Jet’s this roster would be the favorite to win the AFCE.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Feel free to add to the list ;).  The caveat is we really don’t have that inside view who is driving what decisions.  In my opinion, the following falls on Saleh’s shoulders as the HC.

1. Hot air!  Bad at the PR side.  ‘‘Receipts’, ‘embarassing opposing QBs’, ‘Jets took a step forward in 2023’.

2. Lack of accountability.  The ‘all gas, no brakes’ should be changed to ‘all gas, no discipline’.

3.  Bad (uninspired) starts.  It might be a risk free bet to take the Jets not scoring a TD on the opening drive. ‘Our D will hold them’.  How about a change in mentality that includes running a trick play that falls outside the Jets tendencies?

4. Too late making in season changes..  Uzomah, Zach (2 years in a row), Cook, Lazard.  Or demanding that his OC start throwing the ball to Breece Hall.  Apparently neither Hackett nor Saleh knew he could catch & run.

5. If I recall correctly, voted by his players as ‘least efficient with their practice time’ at least 2 years running 

6. Overly rigid (system driven).  Why not use Sauce to take a guy like CeeDee Lamb out of the game when he is killing you?  In a robotic voice ‘that’s not how we play.  Sauce plays the left, Reed plays the right’.

I can keep going ;).  

1. well he did embarrassed some of the top QBs in the league. Allen 3 INTS , 62.7 Rate, Mahomes 2 INTS 63 Rate, Hurts 3 INTS 58 Rate, Herbert 136 yds, Zero TDs 65 Rate, Tua 2 INTS 77 Rate, Stroud 91 YDS 54 Rate,

2. this i dont understand. did he blame anyone else for the loses? if by discipline you mean penalties except for the offense last year which had the most in the league our penalties on both offense and defense have not been bad at all for the 3 years he has been here.

3. we had the worst offense with the worst QBs in the league. it was a risk free bet that we wouldnt score on any drive. 

4. Uzomah was benched by week 10. we were 4-4 by then. not sure how much it would have made a difference if he benched him a week or 2 before. Cook was only getting around 20% of the snaps and 4 carries per game. again not getting much time to begin with so benching him early wasnt a big deal. i could see him trying to get Cook going since he was a top RB for years in Minn. i agree on Lazard. should have been benched much earlier.

Zach? i cant stand him. agree on that even though what was behind him was probably worst.

5. ok i guess.

6. 100%. this is annoying. Sause should follow the #1 WR. but despite this he still has a top 6-7 defense. so i cant kill him too much. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, doitny said:

1. well he did embarrassed some of the top QBs in the league. Allen 3 INTS , 62.7 Rate, Mahomes 2 INTS 63 Rate, Hurts 3 INTS 58 Rate, Herbert 136 yds, Zero TDs 65 Rate, Tua 2 INTS 77 Rate, Stroud 91 YDS 54 Rate,

2. this i dont understand. did he blame anyone else for the loses? if by discipline you mean penalties except for the offense last year which had the most in the league our penalties on both offense and defense have not been bad at all for the 3 years he has been here.

3. we had the worst offense with the worst QBs in the league. it was a risk free bet that we wouldnt score on any drive. 

4. Uzomah was benched by week 10. we were 4-4 by then. not sure how much it would have made a difference if he benched him a week or 2 before. Cook was only getting around 20% of the snaps and 4 carries per game. again not getting much time to begin with so benching him early wasnt a big deal. i could see him trying to get Cook going since he was a top RB for years in Minn. i agree on Lazard. should have been benched much earlier.

Zach? i cant stand him. agree on that even though what was behind him was probably worst.

5. ok i guess.

6. 100%. this is annoying. Sause should follow the #1 WR. but despite this he still has a top 6-7 defense. so i cant kill him too much. 

Not going after the poster in any way here but why do we say they embarrassed these qb’s?

it was a stupid statement by a head coach who’s has a history of saying stupid things

the jets d did their job in those games and held very good qb’s down. That is  not embarrassing them. It is playing to the level of the talent you have on defense

quotes like embarrassed, receipts etc make me want this guy out of here 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, JETSxWRATH™ said:

Do they really? There are so many question marks, especially on offense

They'd just need to be able to travel back in time to when many of these guys were both in their prime and not yet injury prone.  Is that really asking so much?

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, JETSxWRATH™ said:

Do they really? There are so many question marks, especially on offense

That’s the paper part. 

I’m skeptical, after all it’s the Jets. But the hype last season was real- fans and pundits alike touted this team that has gotten significantly better this off-season.  Excellent defense, GW, Breece, it’s why AR came here. Upgraded OL that now has an elite ceiling, add a complement to GW and this team has all the pieces.  

It’s the Jets, it could go to sh*t.  There’s injury concerns around 4 major players on offense (AR, Tyron, Mike Williams, AVT). We won 7 games with the worst QB of all time and a decimated underperforming OL.  The Bills and Dolphins regressed. It’s all there.

AR is back and the overall team has improved around him. I’m not saying it’s going to work out but if you were in on the hype last year (which everyone here was) then the only reason not to be more hyped this year is the PTSD from the Achilles spiral. 

I won’t believe it until I see it, but the possibility of having a powerhouse SB team is definitely there, at least this is the argument one can make.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Trotter said:

Not going after the poster in any way here but why do we say they embarrassed these qb’s?

it was a stupid statement by a head coach who’s has a history of saying stupid things

the jets d did their job in those games and held very good qb’s down. That is  not embarrassing them. It is playing to the level of the talent you have on defense

quotes like embarrassed, receipts etc make me want this guy out of here 

Some might consider a 17-33 record as a HC “embarrassing” 😳 

Coach PVO 🤡

• Upvote 1

No idea how much of this part of his game will translate to the next level, but Malachi Corley looks like a beast after the catch.

Powerful and slippery like Deebo Samuel running through arm tackles.

Good hands too.

There are so many WRs in this draft.

Lock up a franchise LT if you can in round 1, and take a WR on day 2.

• Upvote 1