Stefon Diggs traded to Houston

19 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Seems like they got nothing for diggs

they should have kept him no matter what because this is their window

they traded for peanuts and shut the eindow down hard

34 million dead cap hit to boot. Dude must have been straight up miserable there. 

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Oh boy. 

The Bills, meanwhile, have moved on from several veterans this offseason. Buffalo released cornerstone defensive players Tre'Davious White and Jordan Poyer and starting center Mitch Morse in salary cap moves. In addition, receiver Gabriel Davissigned with the Jacksonville Jaguars and outside linebacker Leonard Floyd signed with the San Francisco 49ers in free agency.

Last season, Diggs had repeatedly publicly expressed a commitment to the Bills and a desire to retire with the team. The three-time captain signed a four-year, $104 million contract extension in April 2022.

The Bills will carry a dead money charge of $31.096 million next season after trading Diggs, according to Roster Management System. That will be the highest known dead money charge ever for a wide receiver in any season, according to ESPN Stats & Information research.

Allen is a hell of a QB, and he makes them a dangerous team for sure.  However, let’s not act like they can simply just rebuild and be a contender that easily.  We, as Jets fans, know how difficult that is.  Buffalo had their chances at it these last five or so seasons and missed out on glory.  Oh well, their loss, our gain.  Go Jets!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Well that’s ok, you think he’s the only QB that can be mentioned with Mahomes and that means the Bills are losing nothing.

Now that’s adorable. 

TBH I forgot to mention Burrow. Him, Mahomes and Allen are the elite 3, imo.
Jackson and Herbert (maybe Stroud?) are in the next tier.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Corey Davis to the Bills.  Would love to watch that implosion.

no, Corey Davis is good. it was Zach who made him look like he sucked. if he went to Buffalo he would get about 100 receptions.

i wish we could get him back

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Diggs and the other players they’ve lost will make a difference in their play?  Is that the theory?  He didnt look anywhere close to Mahomes in the two loses to the Jets the last two seasons.   Losing Diggs should help turn that around. 

Mahomes didn’t look like Mahomes against the Jets either this past season. If you’re basing what you think of Mahomes and Allen off cherry picked games, good for you.

I’ll go off their entire body of work instead.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, GreenFish said:

I think the big issue they were trying to address is the lack of explosiveness after Nico and Tank. Mid season, CJ looked like a borderline MVP candidate. Then Tank Dell got injured and teams really were able to key in on Nico Collins. With that trio, I don't even know how defenses will go about guarding them. And they can now withstand an injury to one of them.

The one that is really licking their chops in that offense...Dalton Schultz!  

21 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Allen is NOT elite tier 1. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I was going to add that Burrow is the one who has gotten the best of Mahomes.  Adding to the whole best QB can still lose thinking

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Mahomes didn’t look like Mahomes against the Jets either this past season. If you’re basing what you think of Mahomes and Allen off cherry picked games, good for you.

I’ll go off their entire body of work instead.

Jets are 2-2 against Allen the last 2 seasons.

Allen hasn’t been the Allen of a couple of years ago since that playoff loss to Mahomes.  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

u think they go after higgins or aiyuk? hope not but they need somebody. shultz and allen running the ball aint gona work all year.

Agree 100% that they have to do something. Who knows what though?

If I were a Bills fan I wouldn’t be that upset over Diggs though. He’s a diva who’s best is behind him.

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

This post made me chuckle.

Josh Allen is the only QB in the NFL who can hold a candle to Mahomes. Jets fans thinking not having Diggs and Gabe Davis will change that is adorable.

I mean we always shut them down from a defensive perspective. If our offense contributes at all I’m really not worried about them

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nothing?  No.  He'll always be dangerous as the dual threat with or without weapons.  But his numbers sure look a lot closer to the ones he posted at Wyoming without him. 

QBs make their WRs far more often than the latter but there are still WRs out there that are uber elite and help lift the game of their QBs in a meaningful way.  Diggs was in that category as an exception to the rule.

Rationalize that however you wish.

Bottom line, Josh Allen is going back to being a running back.

The Office Lol GIF

• Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Bottom line, Josh Allen is going back to being a running back.

The Office Lol GIF

And we all know the shelf life for RBs is short.  Josh is going to be an old man early in this league if he has to keep running for a few more seasons.

Something was clearly off with Diggs the last couple of years, and I think it had to do with Allen, but that dude is an elite WR in the NFL.  It’s nuts to think the Bills will be fine without him.  Unless they can replace him somehow, their offense is worse now. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Rochester Jets said:

And we all know the shelf life for RBs is short.  Josh is going to be an old man early in this league if he has to keep running for a few more seasons.

Things people here have said for 6 years, Alex. Meanwhile, our QBs are the ones who keep getting hurt.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rochester Jets said:

He'll be washed by the time they open the new Bills stadium. 

5 minutes ago, Rochester Jets said:

Things people here have said for 6 years, Alex. Meanwhile, our QBs are the ones who keep getting hurt.

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Allen is like 28 so to take the abuse of running the ball like he does isn’t a great recipe for longevity.  Their team is toast w/o him.

9 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Bills and Dolphins have both lost a ton. The division is there for the taking.

So naturally we'll f*ck this up.

Congrats to the Patriots on a division title in Jerod Mayo's 1st year!

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Falco21 said:

Please please please stay healthy this year! Please!!

This is it man. This is the window!! 

It's a 1 year window right now but after all these awful years, I'll take it.