Stefon Diggs traded to Houston

47 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Yeah, you’re right. Josh Allen isn’t an elite QB. He’s nothing without Diggs.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

They've seriously downgraded at WR though. It will be interesting to see how he does with some green rookies running around. Not sure they're even in play for one of the first round guys. Maybe they have some trade in mind.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

This post made me chuckle.

Josh Allen is the only QB in the NFL who can hold a candle to Mahomes. Jets fans thinking not having Diggs and Gabe Davis will change that is adorable.

Shakir showed some spark o a few plays last year, but overall that's a dreadful WR room.  Funny thing is that it doesn't alter their draft priorities one iota.  WR from the get go, Diggs or not.  It's just exponentially more urgent now. 

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

With all that money couldn't somebody by the girl on the right with the huge sunglasses a nose? She has no nose. Look like the damn female version of the dude from that movie Mask. 

CJ needs to talk with Odom  if odom can have a conversation now

36 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Diggs had 37 catches for 349 yards and 1 TD for a catch rate of 51.7%  in the last 8 games of the regular season. Allen had 15 passing TDs and the Bills offense was 3rd in DVOA during that time. I'm not sure he is the engine that propagated their offensive turnaround late in the season.

I give a lot of credit to Joe Brady for that, but yes, you're right that Allen made some solid adjustments.  Didn't work in the postseason so much, though...

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

They've seriously downgraded at WR though. It will be interesting to see how he does with some green rookies running around. Not sure they're even in play for one of the first round guys. Maybe they have some trade in mind.

I’m thinking they can trade up to the teens for someone like Brian Thomas. It doesn’t seem realistic to go from 28 to top 10 without really spending big and they have other holes because of all the vets they let go.

This is why you want to win when your QB is still cheap. They are cash-strapped. 

What they are probably going to have to do is take several WRs in the mid rounds and hit on one of them. As always, draft well. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Wit said:

Great QBs can elevate their guys enough, but it’s pretty barren now.

By November 2024 I can pretty much guarantee that people will start saying Josh Allen either should be traded or benched. 

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I give a lot of credit to Joe Brady for that, but yes, you're right that Allen made some solid adjustments.  Didn't work in the postseason so much, though...

Neither has Diggs. His playoff stats are atrocious.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

By November 2024 I can pretty much guarantee that people will start saying Josh Allen either should be traded or benched. 

I'm having a hard time seeing a world where people will be railing for Mitch Trubisky over Josh Allen. Call me crazy.

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

Diggs had 37 catches for 349 yards and 1 TD for a catch rate of 51.7%  in the last 8 games of the regular season. Allen had 15 passing TDs and the Bills offense was 3rd in DVOA during that time. I'm not sure he is the engine that propagated their offensive turnaround late in the season.

For those wanting either MHJ or Rome, this is bad news. 

The Bills got rid of their expensive, head-ache of a #1 receiver.  They have the draft capital now to move up in the draft and get a cheap, wide-eyed #1 receiver.  

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

11A26E7E-41A6-4B67-B170-EACAA81FAAD2.thumb.jpeg.73b6604751e98d7eb15def9d3f4a9e11.jpeg

• WTF? 1

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

The Bills got rid of their expensive, head-ache of a #1 receiver.  They have the draft capital now to move up in the draft and get a cheap, wide-eyed #1 receiver.  

Very deep draft class they can get a good wr in round 3

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

I initially thought that but it would take a ton to move up from 28 to get in position to draft those 2, especially MHJ. 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

Mentioned this earlier but they're sitting at 28.  It would take something like their 1st and 2nd this year plus a first and 3rd next.  

They're not doing that with holes all over their roster. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Using your split of first 9 / last 8.  (Fair since that was when Diggs appeared to check out).

1st 9:  Allen averaged 270 YPG passing with 2.0 TDs, 1 INT, and a 99.56 Rating

2nd 8: Allen averaged 235 YPG passing with 1.38 TDs, 1.1 INTs, and an 83.4 Rating

Yes, Allen still had some success with other receivers, but the passing offense was worse.

Oddly, the team did score about as many points (27.7 vs. 26.4) but a lot of that was due to a substantial increase in rushing attempts and yards by Allen in the 2nd half of the season.  He's still a dangerous QB, but teams that can take away his rush game will beat him.

Fun Fact: He scored at least one rushing TD in 12 of 17 games.  In two games against the Jets, he scored zero.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Yep, his play dipped last year. He might of just needed a change of scenery or he might be slowing down. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Do you have an estimate of what it would take to move up from 28 to 9?  It likely starts with 28 + both 2nd rounders or 28 + 42 + 2025 1st rounder.  Yes, they can pay that, but it would be a huge move and highly unlikely with so many other holes on their roster.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Good luck getting from 28 to top 10

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Do you have an estimate of what it would take to move up from 28 to 9?  It likely starts with 28 + both 2nd rounders or 28 + 42 + 2025 1st rounder.  Yes, they can pay that, but it would be a huge move and highly unlikely with so many other holes on their roster.

Plus, you also need a team willing to move down that far. Most teams in the top 10 are going to want to walk away with a blue chip talent, even if they move down. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

This post made me chuckle.

Josh Allen is the only QB in the NFL who can hold a candle to Mahomes. Jets fans thinking not having Diggs and Gabe Davis will change that is adorable.

Diggs and the other players they’ve lost wont make a difference in their play?  Is that the theory?  He didnt look anywhere close to Mahomes in the two loses to the Jets the last two seasons.   Losing Diggs should help turn that around. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

He had over 100 yards receiving in five of the first six games of the year, and didn’t hit 100 again. But he did have games of 70, 86, 74, and 87. His targets were down somewhat, with a couple games where he had just 5, but otherwise it was 7, 8, or 11 during that stretch. Overall, for the season, Allen targeted Diggs 27.6% of the time. He’s probably declining. He’ll be 31 this year. Allen seemed to decline over that same stretch, though, which has to be concerning. Allen came on with the arrival of Diggs, and dropped off when Diggs started to. Now he’s gone, and the Bills don’t have anywhere near what Diggs was for Allen, prior. It’s a hit for them, and this year they get nothing in return. Gonna be interesting to see what they do. 

45 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I know this post got a lot of responses already, just want to point out the “draft capital” they received is a pick in next years draft (2025). 

That said, they can stay put and get a WR1 at #28 it just won’t be one of the consensus top-three.  I’m sure one of Mitchell, Worthy, Franklin, McConkey, Legette, Polk, will blossom into something special, the question is which one?

Oh boy. 

The Bills, meanwhile, have moved on from several veterans this offseason. Buffalo released cornerstone defensive players Tre'Davious White and Jordan Poyer and starting center Mitch Morse in salary cap moves. In addition, receiver Gabriel Davissigned with the Jacksonville Jaguars and outside linebacker Leonard Floyd signed with the San Francisco 49ers in free agency.

Last season, Diggs had repeatedly publicly expressed a commitment to the Bills and a desire to retire with the team. The three-time captain signed a four-year, $104 million contract extension in April 2022.

The Bills will carry a dead money charge of $31.096 million next season after trading Diggs, according to Roster Management System. That will be the highest known dead money charge ever for a wide receiver in any season, according to ESPN Stats & Information research.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I know this post got a lot of responses already, just want to point out the “draft capital” they received is a pick in next years draft (2025). 

That said, they can stay put and get a WR1 at #28 it just won’t be one of the consensus top-three.  I’m sure one of Mitchell, Worthy, Franklin, McConkey, Legette, Polk, will blossom into something special, the question is which one?

Yeah, when I posted it originally, I didn't realize it was for next year.

I don't think they move up.  BUT....They do have nine picks this year and two seconds next year.  I have no doubt they will move up to get a WR they want.  I just don't think it will be in the top 7.  

Or, as you said, they could stay put and take one there, and they have lots of other picks to draft more of them. 

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Yeah, you’re right. Josh Allen isn’t an elite QB. He’s nothing without Diggs.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Well that’s ok, you think he’s the only QB that can be mentioned with Mahomes and that means the Bills are losing nothing.

Now that’s adorable. 

• Haha 1