Stefon Diggs traded to Houston

17 minutes ago, Rochester Jets said:

Allen is like 28 so to take the abuse of running the ball like he does isn’t a great recipe for longevity.  Their team is toast w/o him.

Same thing can be said about every other team with a  great QB. It’s almost like having one matters.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Same thing can be said about every other team with a  great QB. It’s almost like great QBs matter.

Yup, and even more of a reason why depending on his legs is a risky way of playing.  Especially when he makes almost $50M.  

6 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I’m thinking they can trade up to the teens for someone like Brian Thomas. It doesn’t seem realistic to go from 28 to top 10 without really spending big and they have other holes because of all the vets they let go.

This is why you want to win when your QB is still cheap. They are cash-strapped. 

What they are probably going to have to do is take several WRs in the mid rounds and hit on one of them. As always, draft well. 

Some guy named Virgil on a Buffalo site posted this about their picks and the value chart:

For those interested in trading up, here's some scenarios.  This is not to say that I want to Bills to make any of these moves.  Just putting information out there.

Bills Picks - Value

#28 - 660

#60 - 300

#128 - 44

#133 - 39.5

2025 #1 - 300

2025 #2 132

2025 #2 (Diggs) - 150?

These are the values of different tiers in the top 20 for this draft:

5 - 1700

10 - 1300

15 - 1050

20 - 850

So, for those who want a top 4 receiver, which are projected to go in the top 10-15, you'd be looking at:

Top 10 - 1300 Value - #28, #60, #133, 2025 #1 

Top 15 - 1050 Value - #28, #60 or next year's 1st, and #2 next year from Diggs trade

For me, that's way to rich for my blood in such a deep draft class.  But, I also wouldn't be surprised if one of them fell beyond 10.

8 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

This post made me chuckle.

Josh Allen is the only QB in the NFL who can hold a candle to Mahomes. Jets fans thinking not having Diggs and Gabe Davis will change that is adorable.

Keep chuckling. The Bills don't scare or own the Jets to begin with.  Less so without those two.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Matt39 said:

It really doesn’t. Just highlighting the absurdity of those claiming the bust QB can’t be cut. 

What does one have to do with another.  Diggs wasn’t cut and no cash outlay. 
zach is getting paid by the jets this year

• Upvote 1

They’ve been to one conference title game my guy.  We did that twice with Sanchez, the QB equivalent of wearing cement shoes. 

Since owning the teams, the Pegullas have had the bills in the playoffs 6 out of the 8 years and Allen is at worst a top 10 quarterback.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

15 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Texans betting hard against the sophomore slump. Ballsy but I like it.

The kid was so good last year. If he gets better, he could be better than Mahomes. That is such a tall task.

Here is to the sophomore slump!

7 hours ago, mfmartin said:

Since owning the teams, the Pegullas have had the bills in the playoffs 6 out of the 8 years and Allen is at worst a top 10 quarterback.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

So I guess that makes Woody Johnson the worst owner in US pro sports then given that it sounds like we're going to chalk the Pegulas work with the Sabres as an anomaly, huh.  

11 hours ago, Jetkwondo said:

Some guy named Virgil on a Buffalo site posted this about their picks and the value chart:

For those interested in trading up, here's some scenarios.  This is not to say that I want to Bills to make any of these moves.  Just putting information out there.

Bills Picks - Value

#28 - 660

#60 - 300

#128 - 44

#133 - 39.5

2025 #1 - 300

2025 #2 132

2025 #2 (Diggs) - 150?

These are the values of different tiers in the top 20 for this draft:

5 - 1700

10 - 1300

15 - 1050

20 - 850

So, for those who want a top 4 receiver, which are projected to go in the top 10-15, you'd be looking at:

Top 10 - 1300 Value - #28, #60, #133, 2025 #1 

Top 15 - 1050 Value - #28, #60 or next year's 1st, and #2 next year from Diggs trade

For me, that's way to rich for my blood in such a deep draft class.  But, I also wouldn't be surprised if one of them fell beyond 10.

Good breakdown.  I wouldn't be shocked if BUF calls Douglas to move up to #10

for a WR.  But if you're Douglas do you help your division rival?

42 minutes ago, KRL said:

Good breakdown.  I wouldn't be shocked if BUF calls Douglas to move up to #10

for a WR.  But if you're Douglas do you help your division rival?

This is the Bills problem.  They have little ammo. 

Round 1: No. 28 overall

Round 2: No. 60

Round 4: Nos. 128, 133

Round 5: Nos. 144 (from Bears), 160 (from Packers), 163

Round 6: Nos. 200 (from Cowboys through Texans), 204

Round 7: No. 248

the Mahomes trade is the best example of this big of a move back but I don’t think a 2025 first round pick is going to do much for JD this year. I would be really unhappy with this.  

12 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Things people here have said for 6 years, Alex. Meanwhile, our QBs are the ones who keep getting hurt.

Meanwhile the history of Bert Jones, Culpepper, RG3, Cam Newton says running QBs no matter the size wind up as broken down QBs.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

I wouldn't say he's washed, but he lost half a step most likely. He's still a legit number one wr 

He did next to nothing after the first few weeks of the season.

How does a “legit number one” perform this way with Josh Allen?

Dalron Kincaid became the de facto go-to guy late in the season.

I still haven’t seen the trade compensation.

If it’s a 1st or 2nd rounder they got fleeced.  Not only the risk that he’s washed but the salary plus his malcontent factor.

14 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

He did next to nothing after the first few weeks of the season.

How does a “legit number one” perform this way with Josh Allen?

Dalron Kincaid became the de facto go-to guy late in the season.

I still haven’t seen the trade compensation.

If it’s a 1st or 2nd rounder they got fleeced.  Not only the risk that he’s washed but the salary plus his malcontent factor.

It’s a 2025 2nd

15 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

It’s a 2025 2nd

This tells me they love the WR class and are confident they will be able to draft a very good WR who can ball from day 1.

They pick at #28 and #60.

McConkey should be there at #28.

From a Bills POV, I think they know Diggs is washed and it’s a smart move long-term.

At his age they were never going to get a 1st rounder.

The Texans should be good next year though so it will most likely be a late 2nd.

After the trade, it’s still more about managing relations with the fanbase and playing the perception game which is why Beane felt the need to publicly declare they’re “not giving up on the season” 🤣

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Meanwhile the history of Bert Jones, Culpepper, RG3, Cam Newton says running QBs no matter the size wind up as broken down QBs.  

You’re old enough to remember Fran Tarkenton and Roger Staubach.

I think with the new rules protecting QBs they get injured more often when in the pocket than when running, but who knows?

At the end of the day if I were a Bills fan I’d be very happy with 8-10 years of Allen rather than the same amount of time wandering the wilderness for a “traditional” FQB.

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

You’re old enough to remember Fran Tarkenton and Roger Staubach.

I think with the new rules protecting QBs they get injured more often when in the pocket than when running, but who knows?

At the end of the day if I were a Bills fan I’d be very happy with 8-10 years of Allen rather than the same amount of time wandering the wilderness for a “traditional” FQB.

Yeah they didn’t drop back as many times as QBs in this age do and they’re not getting hit by defensemen this big and this fast though.  
Other than Rus Wilson, who’s lasted?  I left out Steve Young and other smaller runners to keep it to big men who couldn’t hold up.   It’s not long for these guys in todays NFL

42 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah they didn’t drop back as many times as QBs in this age do and they’re not getting hit by defensemen this big and this fast though.  
Other than Rus Wilson, who’s lasted?  I left out Steve Young and other smaller runners to keep it to big men who couldn’t hold up.   It’s not long for these guys in todays NFL

You wouldn't have wanted the Jets to draft Josh Allen over Sam Darnold?? Seriously?

As part of their blockbuster trade to acquire wide receiver Stefon Diggs, the Houston Texans wiped out the final three years on his contract, giving him the ability to become a free agent after this season, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The Texans also took the $3.5 million guaranteed to Diggs next season and moved up into this season, giving him a raise and assuring him of $22.52 million in guaranteed money in 2024.

The Texans acquired Diggs on Wednesday, sending a 2025 second-round pick (via the Minnesota Vikings) to Buffalo. Houston also acquired two draft picks a 2024 sixth-round pick (No. 189 overall) and a 2025 fifth-round pick. The Texans acquired that 2025 second-round pick from the Vikings when they traded their 2024 first-round pick to Minnesota last month.