Zach traded to Denver [merged]

Just now, Matt39 said:

The Jets did right by Wilson here. Zach went dark after the dolphins game, didn’t have to speak with reporters, and ends up landing where he wanted to be, close to home.

I don't blame Zach for being reluctant to play after his 2nd benching last year. Can't fault him for protecting himself. He still sucks but I would've done the same thing.

On 4/22/2024 at 4:19 PM, bitonti said:

If he didn't find brock Purdy, yes 

that was a fluke.  252 draft picks passed on Purdy.  a round or so more than Brady, but enough to make it a dice roll.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

that was a fluke.  252 draft picks passed on Purdy.  Not as many as Brady, but enough to make it a dice roll.

This is why you should throw a dart at QB in rd. 6-7 every single year.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

I'll bet you my JSN bobble head for your Dickens 1st printing of a tale of two cities that he does make the team!

If you're willing to donate your bobble head to the American Red Cross, I might be your huckleberry :D 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Payton is going to get sick of him before preseason rolls around. He’s notoriously brutal on QBs and he wants computer-brained lifers at the position. Brees. Bridgewater. Chase Daniel. Siemian. Zach is going to do one pirouette against air in a walk through and that’ll be that. He’s not a better thrower of the football than Stidham, and the Broncos are absolutely going to take a QB in this draft. They might stash him on IR with a mystery injury just to see if they can develop him in the classroom, but Payton isn’t going to waste too many snaps on him when he’s got a rookie to develop. 

Amazon.com: The Odd Couple: Season 1 : Al Molinaro, Jack Klugman, Tony  Randall: Movies & TV

Look during this whole time since the start of the official NFL calendar we've been kvetching about Zach he's had a "what we worry" take on it almost like he knew exactly what would happen and where he'd end up. And Denver a good spot for him the second closest market to Utah. 

I remember having a twitter flame war with broncos fans last summer after Payton’s comments about Hackett, telling them that he had lost his mind and would not fix Russ

then he paid the bears $50 million to take Russ 

then he traded for zach

be right back lol 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Payton is going to get sick of him before preseason rolls around. He’s notoriously brutal on QBs and he wants computer-brained lifers at the position. Brees. Bridgewater. Chase Daniel. Siemian. Zach is going to do one pirouette against air in a walk through and that’ll be that. He’s not a better thrower of the football than Stidham, and the Broncos are absolutely going to take a QB in this draft. They might stash him on IR with a mystery injury just to see if they can develop him in the classroom, but Payton isn’t going to waste too many snaps on him when he’s got a rookie to develop. 

Have to admit this made me laugh.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, slats said:

I suspect your speculation is off the mark. Whether he makes the team or not, they’re almost certainly on the hook for the $2.75M. 

That's what we called when we were young kids, an "indian giver". However tasteless that term was.

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'll bet you my JSN bobble head for your Dickens 1st printing of a tale of two cities that he does make the team!

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Wow what a rube.   JSN bobble head value 75 cents

Dickens Tale of Two cities 1st edition probably worth 10 grand

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

My confidence knows no bounds

Let me call in the expert.

rebecca-romney-1665665551523.jpg

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Hot take: getting rid of Zach Wilson probably has a more positive net effect on the 2024 Jets season than the drafting of any OL they’d take at 10. When you factor in the constant questions, the stink of failure around him, the political cost Saleh paid having to prop him up to the team and media after every heinous game, the snaps he wasted in practice and, obviously, games. So much damage done. This is a big ******* day for this idiot regime. 

If nothing else it says to all the guys who suffered through the past 3 seasons that there are consequences to playing like that and they’re not going to coddle him anymore.  

29 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

It will be interesting to see if he emerges this year .. he will need to work his way up from the 2 spot.

2?  They’re drafting a QB.  He’ll have to fight with DiNucci for the QB3 spot.

Payton is a known hardass and Zach is starting from square one.  He gets handed absolutely nothing there.

So long Club Med Saleh.  Hello high altitudes and sociopathic HC.  Have fun, Zach.  Mom isn’t gonna be able to help.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Hot take: getting rid of Zach Wilson probably has a more positive net effect on the 2024 Jets season than the drafting of any OL they’d take at 10. When you factor in the constant questions, the stink of failure around him, the political cost Saleh paid having to prop him up to the team and media after every heinous game, the snaps he wasted in practice and, obviously, games. So much damage done. This is a big ******* day for this idiot regime. 

Zach was used as Saleh's scapegoat, which saved Saleh's job.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Well - I for one cannot wait for the Woodwork Ants to rise up when the completely revamped offensive line plays well for Rodgers exclaiming "see .. it was the QB all along !" 🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Look Zach can come in and win a game. But he's not a full time starter. If Payton is smart and he is he'll use him that way. 

Over small sample sizes, anyone can win 1 game. Tim Tebow won a playoff game ferchristsakes.

Everyone getting paid even league minimum to throw a football can do that -- it's consistency that separates the wheat from the chaff.

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

Well - I for one cannot wait for the Woodwork Ants to rise up when the completely revamped offensive line plays well for Rodgers exclaiming "see .. it was the QB all along !" 🤣

This!

25 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yeah I don't think he will. This is one of those courtesy trades you see so often in the league. Denver gets a look at him during TC for a 6th/7th swap, and if they cut him (I'm speculating here) Jets are on the hook for the cash.

“When you think about it, Carolina was the better spot for him anyways”

- @TuscanyTile2, Aug 15 2024

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look Zach can come in and win a game. But he's not a full time starter. If Payton is smart and he is he'll use him that way. 

Ah the old two QB approach? Get to the redzone then insert Zach? Or where does Zach come in to play to win them the game?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Its quite simple ... Payton simply said ... "He won how many games with that clown of an offensive coordinator as his coach ???? ... get that kid in here right now."

Titanic Band Playing on Sinking Ship on Make a GIF

• Haha 2

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Zach was used as Saleh's scapegoat, which saved Saleh's job.

He benched him every single season.

I think Zach nearly broke his positive-vibes-only soul. 

Upside? We finally get to see what Saleh is without the albatross of a bottom 5 quarterback draggin down the team.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3