Zach traded to Denver [merged]

7 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Extend Joe Douglas!

I don't care if he’s the one who drafted Zach. He’s the one who traded him. 
Ny Jets Smile GIF by New York Jets

Douglas was at least one year late at trading him. If he would've traded Wilson last off-season, were would've landed a 4h at least.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

AR8 couldn't survive one offensive series behind the OL that everyone criticized ZW for not performing well behind.

Rodgers Achilles didn't snap because of poor O-line play.

On the bright side, you are now free to go create an account on BroncosNation.com to tell them all how awesome you think Wilson was and how lucky there are to have him because his failings were really everyone else's fault.  Have fun!   

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Rodgers Achilles didn't snap because of poor O-line play.

On the bright side, you are now free to go create an account on BroncosNation.com to tell them all how awesome you think Wilson was and how lucky there are to have him because his failings were really everyone else's fault.  Have fun!   

Duane Brown did a terrific job falling on his face!  It's ironic, too, that AR8 tried to do the pirouette move that ZW routinely got criticized for.

Aaron_Rodgers_seasonending_Achilles_injury_early_in_1st_Jet.gif.ca626aa484d44b46b45e1073bd97920a.gif

• Haha 2

This will backfire for the Jets. After making great strides in his 3rd season, stepping up in the pocket, making the easy throws look ez, Zack will continue to develop into the FQB we all had hoped for. Zack will become yet another top AFC QB the Jets can never beat.

6 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Yes he sets a house fire and gets congratulated for putting it out.....  JD's records as GM speaks for itself.

yea - drafting qbs ain't his thing but to get anything out of Zach Wilson at this point is a miracle.

• Upvote 1

First Zach has to make the team and that won't be easy esp if they draft a QB high. Of course Broncos are in on his salary for 2.5 and they don't want to blow that. If he looks good in exhibition games they could trade him too. I feel he'll make the team as backup and play in games this year and not suck. 

7 hours ago, jamesr said:

He can also come in and lose a game. :D 

Well Payton didn't have to pick up that 2.5 million. He wouldn't have if he didn't think Zach could have something in the tank and might be able to help the team. 

31 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

I hope he kicks ass there and makes us regret it, TBH.

It was hard enough rooting for Zach Wilson in a Jet uniform. 😂

Are we now to be so filled with self-loathing as to guilt-trip ourselves for not rooting for him to succeed with another team? 🤣

Eric Wareheim Mind Blown GIF by Tim and Eric

39 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

I hope he kicks ass there and makes us regret it, TBH

Lmao don't hold your breath 

I don't think many on here would disagree that the Jets have been a disaster for years, but it is comical that people truly think Zach has a chance to be a starting QB in this league, let alone a backup. The guy sucks lol he's got nothing in his head 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Falco21 said:

Lmao don't hold your breath 

I don't think many on here would disagree that the Jets have been a disaster for years, but it is comical that people truly think Zach has a chance to be a starting QB in this league, let alone a backup. The guy sucks lol he's got nothing in his head 

Right now I'd say zippo to ZW being a starter for now. But they said the same thing about Geno Smith. It's not impossible that Zach resurrects. Esp with Payton as his Hc. At least Payton thinks he has a chance. To say impossible that ZW just because he sucks now can't ever be a good player inaccurate. 

6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

The play was designed to be a cut-block/quick pass to Garrett Wilson off the first read.  Duane, unironically, did do a “terrific job…”

Preface: I love Rodgers.  Always have.  He’s, probably my favorite QB of all time.

His injury was a direct result of him, uncharacteristically, falling victim to the moment (new team, first drive, big game), looking for the aggressive big play to drain Buffalo’s confidence in the 1st quarter (Uzomah is crossing on the other side of the primary read, on a longer developing route, while the safety is breaking on Wilson, putting him out of position to cover C.J.), instead of taking what was designed and executing it with cerebral ability.  In fact, I think he’s even come out and admitted this himself.

IMG_6977.thumb.jpeg.81ee05013f06be6f6171ac32f33efe98.jpeg

IMG_6976.thumb.jpeg.819168bc880b8002e44ff305062d34db.jpeg

IMG_6978.thumb.jpeg.92035df10fa0f3460fc89b19f53c9c70.jpeg

IMG_6980.thumb.jpeg.38282bf4753b3b20a85ab3508f1bd752.jpeg

IMG_6983.thumb.jpeg.be02bd4915baefb1172ecf3e4f9bf541.jpeg

The play was designed to be a cut-block/quick pass to Garrett Wilson off the first read.  Duane, unironically, did do a “terrific job…”

https://theathletic.com/4861001/2023/09/14/aaron-rodgers-injury-cut-block/

“It was a cut block. Went to cut the defensive end, he played it well, and he got home, and Aaron got injured,” Brown said. “I gotta execute the cut better.”

But even if we go with the premise that Brown was "just being nice", look at the other 2 passes AR threw.  He was on the run on all 3 attempts. 

You want to tell me that the receivers weren't open?  Or that it was a bad job by Nate Hackett with the schemes?  Yeah, I agree we stunk!  AR8 was bound to get crushed eventually, playing with that crap!  Even a HOF'er is going to look bad and start pirouetting.

Pass1.gif.82bc2457ab32eb6a542b320d98ec4884.gif

Pass2.gif.657df085a3c823007a200cc3d09ffa2b.gif

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Duane Brown did a terrific job falling on his face!  It's ironic, too, that AR8 tried to do the pirouette move that ZW routinely got criticized for.

Aaron_Rodgers_seasonending_Achilles_injury_early_in_1st_Jet.gif.ca626aa484d44b46b45e1073bd97920a.gif

He also held the ball too long, just like Slappy.

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Nice ... Would be better if it was in the memorial cemetery of all the fallen and ruined QBs this franchise has buried.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Jets didn't ruin Zach. This is more like a suicide. His career died by his own hands (and arm.)

• Haha 1

So Payton preference of the Wilson's is Zack over Russell...
Interesting.

Zach is just a teeny tiny bit less expensive than Russell was, to be fair.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• slats locked this topic
  • slats unlocked this topic