Zach traded to Denver [merged]

6 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Nice ... Would be better if it was in the memorial cemetery of all the fallen and ruined QBs this franchise has buried.

Tough to "ruin" that which was terrible on arrival.  If you want to fault the Jets for failing to mold art out of a pile of sh*t, have at it.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

"Hardly"? LOLOLOLOLOLOL. He's in the f***ing TOP 3 at worst. Considering the draft position and total ******* drama-fest circus the kid was, yeah, he's as big a bust as this franchise has ever had. Fact.

My point was, if you correctly read the post I responded to, was that Zack was not "the biggest bust in team history" . There were other worse ones. 

14 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

My point was, if you correctly read the post I responded to, was that Zack was not "the biggest bust in team history" . There were other worse ones. 

People have forgotten Gholston never got a single sack, and Blair Thomas was a tiny softie that ran out of bounds. Zach isn’t the worst bust but he’s the most hated for sure. 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Tough to "ruin" that which was terrible on arrival.  If you want to fault the Jets for failing to mold art out of a pile of sh*t, have at it.

once again you show how unknowledgeable you are, and you do it with such confidence, its funny and sad.....

If an artist picks a pile of sh*t, and can't mold that pile of sh*t, its on them for picking a pile of sh*t in the first place. If you pick the pile of sh*t, its up to you to mold that pile of sh*t, if you can't, dont' pick the pile of sh*t.... Happy tuesday pal

• Post of the Week 2

4 hours ago, Jetluv58 said:

I hope he kicks ass there and makes us regret it, TBH.

Zach Fans instead of Jets Fans.  

A player instead of the Laundry.

I am sure the Broncos have a board for you to post on where you can express all your deepest Zach dreams.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

No, there weren't.  Given the opportunity cost of using that # 2 overall pick on Zach Wilson over the other guys we COULD have taken in that class, Zach Wilson was easily the biggest bust in franchise history. 

If your counter here is "Gholston":  The difference between a # 2 overall and the # 6 overall to take Gholston is pretty massive, and the '08 class was also very weak by comparison.

If we're talking worst PICKS in franchise history, that title would go to either Jamal Adams or Christian Hackenberg.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Right now I'd say zippo to ZW being a starter for now. But they said the same thing about Geno Smith. It's not impossible that Zach resurrects. Esp with Payton as his Hc. At least Payton thinks he has a chance. To say impossible that ZW just because he sucks now can't ever be a good player inaccurate. 

Geno had a bullet arm, could march a team down the field at times (AT TIMES). Heck, we were 8-8 in his rookie year. Zach is Dennis the Menace.  GO BLUE SHIRTS!!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That is a hell of a collection of sh*t piles.

7 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

That is a hell of a collection of sh*t piles.

Exactly.  The Jets draft sh*t and we know they're sh*t because they still remain sh*t at other, better destinations.  Glad we agree.  You can count on one hand the number of Jet-drafted players since the merger who failed here and went on to succeed elsewhere.  The rest of the players who were sh*t here were sh*t elsewhere, and ended up out of the league in short order.

It's like you guys are surprised that a terrible organization has been bad at evaluating talent in the draft.  Woah who'd have thunk it????  A bad org doesn't draft secretly good talent???  No way!!!

8 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Geno had a bullet arm, could march a team down the field at times (AT TIMES). Heck, we were 8-8 in his rookie year. Zach is Dennis the Menace.  GO BLUE SHIRTS!!!!

Geno Smith's primary issue was immaturity, which it took him many years to work through.  The Giants and Chargers dispatched him and even the Seahawks "hedged" when they had him compete with Drew Lock for their job post-Russell Wilson.  

It took him 9.5 years to become an average NFL starter on his 4th team.  But I'm sure some here love to use him as the posterchild for why the Jets' biggest issue over the decades is talent development rather than evaluation.

Look, Zach did not play well.  He has problems with pressure and his QBR is below 30 when under pressure.  Having said that, I believe if he will, eventually, succeed if he gets good protection.

Anyone who thinks the pass protection has been anything short of disgraceful during his entire tenure, hasn't watched this team.  Every QB in the history of the game has struggled when under constant pressure and vicious hits.  I've seen Brady, Manning, Kelly and all the others wilt in similar situations.  What do they all have in common?  The clean white jersey every week.  The clean pocket while they wait for crossing patterns, etc.

I am not saying that was Zach's only problem.  I am saying, Joe D should be skewered for the miserable job he did with the offensive line for 4 years in a row.  There is no way to imagine what 4 years of being constantly massacred by 300+ pound lineman can do to your confidence.

Zach gets a second chance, hopefully behind a solid line.  I wish him well.  It wouldn't surprise me if he reemerges as a solid QB in the coming years.  If he does, it will be on Joe D.  Hope the blind squirrel finally found the nut or Rodgers won't last much longer than he did last year, and he will leave us in salary cap hell for years with nothing to show for it.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

Anyone who thinks the pass protection has been anything short of disgraceful during his entire tenure, hasn't watched this team. 

Sounds like you ignored all the times Zach Wilson held onto the ball for seemingly a lifetime.  The OL was indeed poor from Week 5/6 on this past season.  The first 2+ years of his career he was middle-of-the-pack or better for pocket time.  What does that mean?  The OL mostly did its job and Zach Wilson made their lives far more difficult by running backwards, leaving the pocket at the first hint of trouble, or, again, holding it for 3+ seconds (which he did more than any other QB, by far, despite being less mobile than a bunch of the running QBs). 

4 other Jets' QBs who took significant snaps for this team had little more than minor issues getting the ball out and avoiding sacks.  Mike White and Joe Flacco are statues who managed a sack rate under 6 %.  Zach's?  Over 10 % for his Jets career.

Just stop.

• Post of the Week 3

20 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

image.thumb.png.9e026b56cdbc0e8c111493e69750713c.png

Oh boy, here we go with the Steve Young, Drew Brees, Eli Manning, etc comparisons.  

The NFL was a completely different game in the early 2000s.  The Ty Law rule didn't even come into effect until 2005.  

11 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Duane Brown did a terrific job falling on his face!  It's ironic, too, that AR8 tried to do the pirouette move that ZW routinely got criticized for.

Aaron_Rodgers_seasonending_Achilles_injury_early_in_1st_Jet.gif.ca626aa484d44b46b45e1073bd97920a.gif

it was a 2 second play he held on for 4 seconds 

Wilson was incredibly open he passed it up

Rodgers is gunshy and old and that showed up on 22 film as well 

• Haha 2

• slats locked this topic

Zach can’t hurt you anymore. He’s all gone. Even though he was never ever gonna be traded, somehow he was. 

The horse is dead, long live the horse! 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

• slats unlocked this topic
3 hours ago, Larz said:

People have forgotten Gholston never got a single sack, and Blair Thomas was a tiny softie that ran out of bounds. Zach isn’t the worst bust but he’s the most hated for sure. 

Neither hamstrung their team the way he did. He's absolutely the worst.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Flashlite80 said:

Zach gets a second chance, hopefully behind a solid line.  I wish him well.  It wouldn't surprise me if he reemerges as a solid QB in the coming years.  If he does, it will be on Joe D.  Hope the blind squirrel finally found the nut or Rodgers won't last much longer than he did last year, and he will leave us in salary cap hell for years with nothing to show for it.

It was a hell of a lot more than just the offensive line. Lack of a great developmental coaching staff, lack of veteran guidance and offensive weapons his first year (and 2nd arguably), poor personnel management with regards to his benchings and returns, sh*thousery from the media, ineffective play calling (mainly year 3)... the list is huge. To those defending the OL - that OL got Mike white killed too, and made mince meat of our run game. Wilson sucked at getting the ball out fast, but it's not like he had much time to process either or a load of weapons he could trust most of his tenure. 

Unfortunately it's hard to see Wilson rebounding, especially when he still seems to have mechanical and processing issues. Plus, the Broncos have horrible offensive personnel, no money, and a coach who doesn't seem to value the type player Wilson is. I'm rooting for the kid, and I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he rebounds elsewhere, but if he does it'll be somewhere else after 2024. Maybe the Rams or something. And I'm not sure he'll ever bounce back from this Jets tenure.

God, I remember being so excited after that game winning bomb to Corey Davis in the Titans game zachs first year. It's a shame it played out this way, but ultimately Wilson is culpable too. Just a failure by all parties. I do feel better about moving on from Wilson than I did about Darnold, but that ain't saying much...

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Neither hamstrung their team the way he did. He's absolutely the worst.

Lam Jones gives them a run for their money. Consider:

- Jones was taken in the very same number 2 slot as Wilson, BUT the Jets expended the number 13 and number 20 overall pick in order to move up to that number 2 slot.

-Jones was the very FIRST NFL player to be given a salary over 1  million dollars.

-After starting 13 games his rookie year (totaling only 25 receptions for almost 500 yards), Jones only started 23 games over his next 4 years.

I could very easily argue that Lam Jones IS the greatest bust in Jet draft history. But, really, what we are doing here is quibbling over the ugliest pig in the stable at the farm.

You recognize that every team makes mistakes, and you move on from your mistakes. That is what the Jets are doing here.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1