Best Remaining Options for Jets with Day 3 Looming

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I like Slovis at QB. I like that he’s bounced around, had a bunch of starts, taken the QB1 job at every spot. I like that he’s already seen some sh*t. 

On Izzy, I think they needs a viable grinder at RB2 and Izzy is absolutely not that. Saleh got on Breece last year about not getting the tough yards. I’d like Dillon Johnson at some point.

Any BYU QB would have a total nervous breakdown the instant he finds out he was selected by the NYJ at this point...

• Haha 1

Douglas, Saleh, Ulbrich have a proven track record of finding throwaways on the waiver wires and/or the street and developing them into servicable and sometimes very good defensive players.  Douglas, Saleh, Hackett have shown no skill when it comes to the same effort on the offensive side of the ball.  Keep picking offensive players (QB/WR/IOL/RB)...

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I can’t get over that Rattler being a douche video. Not sure that’ll play, especially if you’re asking him to grind as a QB3 for multiple seasons. 

I definitely agree but if you look at actual talent he has starter level talent.

Not sure where his head is at now (versus time of that video) but he did grind it out with a sh*tty South Carolina team and put out some good tape.

Maybe the presence of Rodgers and Tyrod helps as mentors for 2 years.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I definitely agree but if you look at actual talent he has starter level talent.

Not sure where his head is at now (versus time of that video) but he did grind it out with a sh*tty South Carolina team and put out some good tape.

Maybe the presence of Rodgers and Tyrod helps as mentors for 2 years.

On espn the comp they have for rattler is none other than zach wilson

• Haha 1

using one of those 4th on QB is a waste of roster spot when you want to keep 10 DL, min 9 OL, possibly 7 WR, etc...

We already have a back up QB.

However, they do need to bring in at least 1 more if not 2 QBs for camp so I would use the 7th rounder to grab the best of those future UDFA and then sign another.  If it turns out that 7th rounder is really good then you can decide on keeping him as part of the active roster.  Using a 4th rounder commits you to that spot whether deserving or not for at least 1 season.

Some of the players I would like to see Jets take

Isaac Guerendo

Cade Stover

Sedrick Van Pran-Grang

• Upvote 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

On espn the comp they have for rattler is none other than zach wilson

Beautiful, let Rattler sit for 2 years and see what happens. It’s not like Zach Wilson isn’t talented. Dude just had no business starting any games right off the bat.

Rattler or Pratt in the 4th but Rattler has some serious live arm talent.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

I wish brownlee and gipson had a few games with Rodgers so we knew more. I like them both but not sure if they are any good or just more bad year training camp stand out types.

I thought both were sort of low key impressive last year. Our QB play was CFL level so hard to judge these guys as you said but I think they are better than maybe you. Would not stop me from grabbing another receiver. Maybe they can dump Lazard and pay some of his salary like they did with Zach.

I thought Corley was an A+ pick. Let's face it, we play an offense designed for this type of player.

Douglas needs to draft another Wr in this talented deep draft class but he seems to always pick one guy and say were good.  And mims and elijah moore proved  we're not good.

I'll rip him a new hole if he avoids wrs just becasue we took his fav guy.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Im pretty sure it has to do with his RAS measurement.

I guess because he didn't test, teams are reluctant to trust him. He'd be a great zone outside corner. Hopefully he goes to a good spot. He'd be great for us actually.

55 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

If the Jets come away with a project QB and depth at defensive back and an interior lineman, I would be pleased. If we re-sign McGovern, I would feel a little better about our depth at center/guard. 

Bringing McGovern back makes sense. He's younger than the guys they just brought in.

• Upvote 1

First Tier: Devontez Walker, Brealon Allen, Malik Washington, Ainias Smith, Isaac Guerendo,

Second Tier: Brenden Rice, Johnny Wilson, T.J. Tampa, Tommy Eichenberg, Cam Hart, Jaden Hicks, Kitan Oladapo, Jordan Travis, Jared Wiley, Christian Mahogany

I think the Jets need to take an IOL, a RB, and either a second OT or WR, or a SS or DT.

Cedric Van Pran Granger would be a great add at IOL.  So would Christian Mahogany.

I like Jaden Hicks a lot at SS, but Kitan Oladapo would be ok too.

At WR there are number of good prospects still there Jermaine Burton, Brenden Rice

At RB I'd like either Braelon Allen or the kid from Notre Dame

14 hours ago, JetNation said:

USATSI_21382690_168398080_lowres.jpg

Having already added offensive tackle Olu Fashanu and wide receiver Malachi Corley, the Jets have a chance on day 3 of the draft to add some significant talent at a few key spots.  With so many options and the Jets having 5 picks and the possibility of trading down to add more, we went all out here with 25 names to watch.

S Jaden Hicks, Washington State: Even after re-signing Ashtyn Davis and Chuck Clark, the Jets are thin at safety where Hicks is one of the best in this class.

Not a ton of safeties in the '24 class but some quality names who put themselves in position to make plays.

One top option is going to be @WSUCougarFB safety Jaden Hicks. Big hitter who makes plays against the run and the pass. Shows range and athleticism on this diving INT. pic.twitter.com/YHfHFUDn6S

— Glenn Naughton (@JetsPicks) February 29, 2024

DL Brandon Dorlus, Oregon: Never rule out a defensive lineman when the Jets are on the clock.  Dorlus is a versatile defender with a great motor who some believed would be off the board at this point.  In fact, he could be gone before the Jets are on the clock with the ninth pick tomorrow.

CB TJ Tampa, Iowa State: The Jets are set at their starting corner spots but their lack of depth and the value of a player like Tampa could push the Jets to make a move for the 6′ 1” long-armed defender.

CB Cam Hart, Notre Dame: Along with Tampa, Hart should be a consideration in this spot if the Jets are looking for depth at corner.  Hart has the ability to become an NFL starter.

@NDFootball kicks off their season in Dublin against @NavyFB and one of the top players to keep an eye on is physical ND CB @CamHart_. Great size at 6' 2'' and shows plenty of athleticism. pic.twitter.com/9RkiNfIlN0

— Glenn Naughton (@JetsPicks) August 8, 2023

DT Makhi Wingo, LSU: The Jets would probably like to stop having to sign multiple interior linemen to 1-year deals every off-season and perhaps add a player who can plug in next to Quinnen Williams and grow for a few years.  Wingo could be a candidate for that.

CB Kris Abrams-Draine, Missouri: Abrams-Draine is a disruptive defender who tied for fifth in passes defended in 2023 and is a physical presence against the run.

RB Jaylen Wright, Tennessee: Whoever gets Wright is going to be getting one of the biggest steals of the draft.  He’s explosive runner who is a threat to take it the distance every time he touches the ball.  Joe Douglas has drafted a running back every year since taking over at 1 Jets Drive.  Will he do it again?

QB Spencer Rattler: This could be another great value pick for the Jets as Rattler has the tools to be an NFL starter one day.  Giving him a year or two to sit behind and learn from Aaron Rodgers would be a fantastic (and overdue) approach.

Watching a ton of Spencer Rattler over the past day or so after just a couple of glimpses this year + senior bowl.

Came away highly impressed.

– Mobility
– Quick release
– Can throw with plenty of velocity or with touch
– Most impressive…doesn't back down under pressure pic.twitter.com/dzMboPXOgm

— Glenn Naughton (@JNRadio_Glenn) April 1, 2024

WR Malik Washington, Virginia: Taking another wide receiver seems unlikely at this point but we couldn’t not mention Washington.  Another big play threat that Aaron Rodgers would have a field day with.

C Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, Georgia: A mauler in the trenches out of one of the top programs in the country, Van Pran-Granger plays with a mean streak and was at one point projected to be a top fifty pick.  This would be great value on day three.

OT Javon Foster: Foster played left tackle in college but is viewed as a player who has both tackle and guard flexibility.

@mizzouFootball OT Javon Foster isn't being discussed as a top 2024 tackle but has the upside to be a good pro.

Older player as a grad student who shows excellent power/physicality.

Does a nice job here of carrying Kentucky edge rusher JJ Weaver to allow QB time to throw. pic.twitter.com/7CcV3iWGnu

— Glenn Naughton (@JetsPicks) December 18, 2023

Edge Brennan Jackson, Washington State: A disruptive edge rusher who appeared to get better every year in college, Jackson is the type of day 3 developmental edge rusher who could become a contributor at some point.

S Dadrion Talor-Demerson, Texas Tech: Demerson plays bigger than his listed 5′ 11” height.  Does a nice job of locating the football and getting his hands on it.  Also a fundamentally sound tackler.

LB Nathaniel Watson, Mississippi St: The Jets hosted Watson on a 30 visit and could see value in a day 3 ultra productive linebacker.

@HailStateFB LB Nathaniel Watson with a great rep here comes up the middle and blasts through the interior OL for the TFL.

A likely day 3 pick who was a tackling machine for Miss State. Logged a combined FIFTY tackles over his final 3 college games. pic.twitter.com/vHwbODWfEe

— Glenn Naughton (@JNRadio_Glenn) April 13, 2024

CB Caelen Carson, Wake Forest: Noting the need for depth at corner, Carson would be a good pick in this spot.

S Kitan Oladapo, Oregon State: A Senior Bowl participant who played for Jets defensive coordinator Jeff Ulbrich’s squad, Oladapo stood out early on and did appear to get Ulbrich’s attention.

S Malik Mustapha, Wake Forest: A throwback safety who lays out opposing ball carriers but also has the athleticism to play deep safety.

First noticed @WakeFB DB Malik Mustapha for his physicality last season but also shows the ability to cover a ton of ground in coverage.

Looking forward to watching him up close at the @seniorbowl. pic.twitter.com/2eGroO2dyM

— Glenn Naughton (@JetsPicks) January 1, 2024

S Beau Brade, Maryland: A play maker who always seems to be around the ball and can line up deep or cover out of the slot.

QB Michael Pratt, Tulane: Pratt lacks elite arm strength but has a good enough arm to be an NFL starter.  Throws with great touch and anticipation.

RB Tyrone Tracy, Purdue: A converted wide receiver who runs angry, shows excellent contact balance and hands, Tracy is an underappreciated player in this class.

DT Jaden Crumedy, Mississippi State: A likely late day 3 choice, we loved the way Mississippi state deployed Crumedy, often having him stand up from his DT spot and attack from a variety of angles off the line of scrimmage.

QB Jordan Travis, Florida State: Travis has plenty of arm strength, tons of mobility and a history of winning.  Should be a target for a developmental signal caller.

@FSUFootball strikes first as Jordan Travis hits Keon Coleman who takes it to the house. 'Noles up 7-0. pic.twitter.com/3w6lAeoqwL

— Glenn Naughton (@JetsPicks) September 4, 2023

QB Kedon Slovis, BYU: Slovis is a well-traveled signal caller who played for USC, Pitt and BYU.  His numbers aren’t eye-popping but his accuracy is far better than his numbers would suggest.

LB Kalen DeLoach, Florida State: Today’s NFL calls for athletic linebackers why can spy on and run with scrambling quarterbacks.  DeLoach will offer that for somebody and the Jets should be considering him.

WR/RB Ainias Smith, Texas A&M: A versatile offensive weapon with excellent speed who can line up at receiver or running back, Smith would help offer depth at two spots.

The post Best Remaining Options for Jets with Day 3 Looming appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

Called it on Travis!