****The Official Day 3 of the 2024 NFL Draft****

12 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I get it..  I’m one of those fans.

But I try to be independent as much as possible though.

The mid to late round strategy of getting more picks including a premium pick next year is smart from a probabilities viewpoint.

And if you can at the very least come away with plugging glaring holes, even better.  I’ll take the much higher probability we got a lot better converting short yardage than the lower probability of swinging for the next big time WR in round 4.  Yes, the Rams proved it could happen even last year in round 5 but I like the above odds much better.  

Great post.  I didn't like the first trade as well.  But when posters are saying stuff like the whole 3rd day now is ruined, that is just pure nonsense.

A few picks later, we take that pick and turn it into a 3rd rounder next year.  I mean, you have to let the GM do his thing.  You aren't in control.  Players can always hate the next GM (which they will do, even if its Ozzie Newsome).

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Why the last trade up was not the right move. This really is not a deep draft. A lot of players stood in college because of the NIL. That is why Douglas should have kept the other number 4. He had one that got a third next year. OK, I get that. Hopefully for him he is still here. But when you pick next you really not getting the kind of player you would have gotten in the 4th. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

55 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

Woody maybe standing over JD shoulder saying "nope cant afford three 4th round picks contracts....trade out"

I said this in jest but thinking this is not far from truth with JFM gonner now too

14 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Never forget.  I was 11. Spectacular. The Trifecta. Jets, Mets Knicks. 

That's right.  I forgot about the Knicks.  

I've always said it would be the Jets / Leafs / Cubs or Jays winning all in one year, which would be a year spent God-knows-where doing God-knows-what with God-knows-who for a good chunk of the year. 

And there it goes... after the Jets basically opted out of the 4th, here we are in the Ass end of the 5th round and some "influencer" is screaming at the mic for some LB'er who will be a PS/Roster Depth guy.

Watching the Draft beyond the first round has become a stupid endeavor. I'll check the board tonight to see who we got. 

Cheerio.

• Upvote 1

Comedy that the guy who announced a pick a moment ago thanked his parents because he "wouldn't be there today if it wasn't for them".

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 4