ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

On 7/11/2024 at 10:22 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Bo Nix and Jarrett Stidham both making the trip and Zach not is a clear demonstration of the pecking order.  I don’t care what engagement celebration sh*t or whatever Zach had going on he needs to be grinding right now to save his career and clearly isn’t.  

So glad he’s gone.  Denver fans are lucky he won’t be a headache for them but rather an afterthought.

exactly.

he is acting like hes Aarron Rodgers who could miss a practice or 2, not like a guy who is fighting for his NFL life.

im so glad hes gone too.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When that happens the bidding war for his services is gonna be so intense.  Andy Reid and Kyle Shanahan will probably drive that number up to $20M per.

If not they should both be fired for not recognizing the elite talent that is Zach Wilson, as should Sean Payton!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I don't think they'll cut him unless he's really terrible. They are paying 2.5 on his 2024 salary. And they need 3 QBs on roster so even if he's number 3 why pay somebody else also not that good to fill a roster spot. 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't think they'll cut him unless he's really terrible. They are paying 2.5 on his 2024 salary. And they need 3 QBs on roster so even if he's number 3 why pay somebody else also not that good to fill a roster spot. 

I mean...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Instead of just attacking the guy why don't we see how he does on the field. I'm not rooting against him or for him. 

We've seen it for 3 years and Payton is seeing it in practice firsthand entering year 4.  He's not some 2nd-year QB anymore with a lot of room for growth and development.  He turns 25 next month.  We know what he is by now.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

unless im reading something wrong the Broncos only carried 2 on the roster last year.

he probably gets cut and ends up on the P.S

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

Maybe like a water dart or a nerf dart but definitely not a solid dart.  That was lobbed so poorly it wouldn't even have reach the dartboard.

To be fair it wasn’t an off-platform throw.  Thats when he’ll really shine.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

The persistence of this thread is starting to rival the dead sea scrolls and tomb of King Tut.

One of the biggest busts in NFL history gets traded away by the Jets a mere 3 months ago after almost single-handedly ruining 3 years of Jets football and Dunnie constantly be like “Why is this still a thing???”

• Haha 3