ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

17 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's amazing given that I'm in a fantasy league with some folks who like me work in clinical research, and this is the team name I had gone with:

image.png.6af19d359d766d085d4d07ea2cb1ade5.png

CC:  @Lurker89

Always trying to lure me in for a "short assessment".... as much as I'm sure my family would enjoy my extended absence for "treatment" I won't be so easily snookered.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Reaction GIF

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, All Gas, No Gase said:

For all of you who want to relive the sordid 3-year saga

Quick recap: a lot of blame to go around starting with Zach and the Jets evaluation of his collegiate game being able to play behind one the the best offensive lines until a receiver coming open against inferior competition. 

His offensive line at BYU was a bunch of 24 and 25 year old married men 🤣

Bro had all day to throw back there in that COVID year.

That part of the country, in the open mountain air where neighbors live miles away from another, was the perfect place to be during a global pandemic while major college programs were struggling with the chaos.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

Always trying to lure me in for a "short assessment".... as much as I'm sure my family would enjoy my extended absence for "treatment" I won't be so easily snookered.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Reaction GIF

LOL I tagged you because it was fantasy related not to diagnose you.  But now that we’re on the subject!…

15 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

His offensive line at BYU was a bunch of 24 and 25 year old married men 🤣

Bro had all day to throw back there in that COVID year.

That part of the country, in the open mountain air where neighbors live miles away from another, was the perfect place to be during a global pandemic while major college programs were struggling with the chaos.

I watched that video and couldn't help but think how atrocious the competition must've been that year if Zach ******* Wilson was able to completely dominate like that. Truly shocking in hindsight now that we know how terrible of a QB he truly is.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ultraJETfan said:

I watched that video and couldn't help but think how atrocious the competition must've been that year if Zach ******* Wilson was able to completely dominate like that. Truly shocking in hindsight now that we know how terrible of a QB he truly is.

I hear you. I think a lot of it is that talent is enough to look good in college — especially in weaker conferences — but in the pros, everyone has talent and it takes a lot more than what you’re born with to succeed.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ultraJETfan said:

If you go back and watch his 2019 performance against U of Washington, you can see a much more realistic projection of what he would look like in the NFL.

A complete mess in the pocket under pressure.  Running backwards and mistake prone, careless with the football, etc.

Zach Wilson owes his NFL career to the pandemic and to the fact that BYU couldn't recruit a halfway decent QB to beat him out.

The stupid pro day throw and his ability to cheaply imitate Mahomes' and Allen's "arm angles" and fling 50/50 jump balls down the sideline "off platform" to Dax Milne was just the nail in the coffin for idiotic scouts, coaches, and front office types.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2

5 hours ago, rtnelson said:

Mac Jones kicking butt in the preseason.  He could be cheap, and maybe surprise you next season or beyond.  Give the Pats a piece of their own voodoo?

I was high on him after his rookie year, but he regressed so badly in years 2 and 3 that I wonder if his confidence is gone. 

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I was high on him after his rookie year, but he regressed so badly in years 2 and 3 that I wonder if his confidence is gone. 

Highest QB Rating in the preseason so far.  Making some pretty good throws.  I think he could be a force with some good coaching.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

20 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

Highest QB Rating in the preseason so far.  Making some pretty good throws.  I think he could be a force with some good coaching.

He was my QB2 in the draft. I wanted Jets to trade back to take him and, if no takers, hold their nose and draft him at 2.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

He was my QB2 in the draft. I wanted Jets to trade back to take him and, if no takers, hold their nose and draft him at 2.

I'm no longer a big fan - would much rather draft my own guy again next year

• Upvote 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

I'm no longer a big fan - would much rather draft my own guy again next year

Yeah I agree at this point. But I can see him having a long career as a QB2.

• Upvote 1

On 8/19/2024 at 8:54 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Seriously, @TuscanyTile2, you’re creeping me out.  Either post something or close the tab on this thread, lol.  

On 8/19/2024 at 8:31 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Lol, I assume I left a tab open that happened to be on this thread.  You are clinically insane.

hannibal lecter GIF

• Haha 3

I think Denver will hold onto Zach until they can get a deal to trade him and take his salary off their books. Esp since they declined to take his 5th year option. Looks like he's number 3 emergency QB for now. He'll probably play a lot this week and if he looks good and another team has an injury he could be gone before opening day. 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I think Denver will hold onto Zach until they can get a deal to trade him and take his salary off their books. Esp since they declined to take his 5th year option. Looks like he's number 3 emergency QB for now. He'll probably play a lot this week and if he looks good and another team has an injury he could be gone before opening day. 

How do you turn an emergency into a catastrophe?

Have Zach as your QB3.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, rtnelson said:

Mac Jones kicking butt in the preseason.  He could be cheap, and maybe surprise you next season or beyond.  Give the Pats a piece of their own voodoo?

Belichick is no longer there.  Pats fans are the worst but hating on the pats isn’t what it used to be especially since they sucked last several years after Kraft chose to keep BB over Brady

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

If Denver decides to keep 2 QBs Zach is bye bye

6 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

If you go back and watch his 2019 performance against U of Washington, you can see a much more realistic projection of what he would look like in the NFL.

A complete mess in the pocket under pressure.  Running backwards and mistake prone, careless with the football, etc.

Zach Wilson owes his NFL career to the pandemic and to the fact that BYU couldn't recruit a halfway decent QB to beat him out.

The stupid pro day throw and his ability to cheaply imitate Mahomes' and Allen's "arm angles" and fling 50/50 jump balls down the sideline "off platform" to Dax Milne was just the nail in the coffin for idiotic scouts, coaches, and front office types.

Zach also owes Chris Simms a nice chunk of change

4 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

The fact that Sean Payton is talking about Zach potentially making millions elsewhere makes me think he's not making Denver's roster.  It'll be interesting to see what happens to him next.  I could see PS or I could see another team giving him a shot.  Minnesota would be interesting.  Imagine him backing up Sam Darnold?   lol

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The fact that Sean Payton is talking about Zach potentially making millions elsewhere makes me think he's not making Denver's roster.  It'll be interesting to see what happens to him next.  I could see PS or I could see another team giving him a shot.  Minnesota would be interesting.  Imagine him backing up Sam Darnold?   lol

Burger Cooking GIF by Outside TV

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Bidding war 2024 v2.0 babyyyyy