Training camp updates: Lazard still stinks

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

FWIW, Fautanu is being penciled in as the Steelers starting RT. 

Joe Douglas better hope he got it right. 

I think fashanu has a pretty high floor but I am very curious to see how Fautanu and Fuaga do. The tackle debate was interesting 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is hysterical.  Yeboh makes one td catch in front of the media and now Ruckert should be worried.

The jets are testing out the legs of these rookie rbs and suddenly izzy should be shakin in his boots.

Too funny.

Yeboah is the better catcher and better after the catch. Ruckert is a better blocker. 

he was injured most of the time but now that we have a QB that can get him the ball in space i bet we see alot more of him. 

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Matt39 said:

This really has nothing to do with this report, but my concern with Fashanu is I’m worried the Jets just went with the consensus without really digging enough on him as a prospect especially compared to the other tackles who went after. And the fact he “fell.” I liked both of the Polynesian kids especially the guy who Pittsburgh drafted. And their history of drafting well compared to the Jets is just another hmm. Of course they swiped Jones last year too. Fashanu just from a first impression, I don’t know if he has that nastiness you need.

It’s his first season.  Sometimes Tackles need a year or two to develop.  If Smith goes down with an injury I wonder if we just sign Bakhtiari 

12 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

The Jets continually adding backup RBs as a show of faith in Izzy is certainly an...interesting take.

We just signed a backup rb who can’t run between the tackles or pass block and is mediocre to at at everything else but he can return punts I guess!

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

This is one of the stranger bits we've seen in a while

I think he has a Future's bet on this kid. 

If they keep 5 backs he should make it unless Cohen looks reincarnated.

23 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

From 2011-2015 (rookie contract length):

Mo Wilkerson: 36.5 sacks.

Cameron Heyward: 22 sacks.

Both players played 3-4 DE/DT and stuffed the run well.

The problem with Wilkerson wasn’t drafting him.  The problem was enabling his poor behavior (mostly tardiness) and then rewarding him with a massive contract with no protection or desire to correct his behavior.  Then his poor behavior became extremely concerning following 2016, after the contract was signed.  

That being said, until 2017 when Cameron started playing up to his draft status and Mo was in seriously hot water, there wasn’t a single person who would have taken Heyward over Wilkerson or who have called the Jets idiots for passing on Heyward, and anything else is pure revisionist history.  We didn’t even know the true extent of his drinking issues until 2018 when Manish Mehta blindly accused him of being an alcoholic and it wasn’t really apparent because Wilkerson didn’t even have any legal issues until 2019.

Ah Mo Wilkerson.  What a useless piece of crap.

20 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

It’s his first season.  Sometimes Tackles need a year or two to develop.  If Smith goes down with an injury I wonder if we just sign Bakhtiari 

Sure. I’m just typing out loud. No conclusions other than what’s happened so far. I liked Fauga though. All of these guys last names freakin sound the same. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Sure. I’m just typing out loud. No conclusions other than what’s happened so far. I liked Fauga though. All of these guys last names freakin sound the same. 

I think fuagu the deal with him was he was strictly projected as a RT.  Great run blocker not as good in pass pro 

Just now, Rich Thornburgh said:

I think fuagu the deal with him was he was strictly projected as a RT.  Great run blocker not as good in pass pro 

Sorry I meant Fauntano lol. Washington guy

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Define “get off”

Record breaking season, top 10 passing TD %, provided DJ Moore with a career year, doing superstar sh*t on the reg, only player in NFL history to succeed at that level in such a terrible situation, etc.  

• Haha 1

ISRAEL ABANIKANDA, Pittsburgh (5-10, 217, 4.45, 3-4): Third-year junior. “He reminded me of Tevin Coleman, the kid that came out of Indiana a few years ago,” one scout said. “Straight-line speed guy. Almost a little bit like (Isiah) Pacheco of Kansas City.” Tremendous combine workout. Led the position in the vertical jump (41 inches) and broad jump (10-8). “Like an old-school Denver scheme (runner),” said a second scout. “Zone runner, one cut and go. He can f--king go. He didn’t run quite as fast on the clock as I thought he would based on how fast he is on film. You give this guy a lane and he can hit it. He will run into a brick wall, good or bad. The problem is, he’s stiff and he’s upright. Has little or no value in the passing game. They actually had to pull him off the field at the end of the year because they didn’t trust him in pass pro. Nice kid, not very smart. Below average worker. He wasn’t even starting at the beginning of the year, then a couple guys got hurt and he started carrying the load. He had 300 and some yards (320) and six TDs against Virginia Tech, which is like a bad I-AA team. You’ve got to give the guy credit, but then people started getting into his ear. ‘Hey, you’ve got to come out.’ He’s not well-rounded enough right now.” Led FBS in touchdowns (21) last season. Finished with 390 caries for 2,177 (5.6) and 28 TDs plus just 38 receptions and three TDs. “I like him but at a certain price,” said a third scout. “He’s not one to create on his own but if he gets a hole he’s gone. He probably put too much weight on at 217 (at pro day). I’d want him in the 207-208 range and then he maybe even could break 4.4.”  From Brooklyn, N.Y. His hands were a tiny 8 ¼.

14 hours ago, GangGreened said:

Would anyone really be shocked if Douglas took the wrong OT? For an OL guru he’s done an atrocious job

...and this is exactly why I didn't want a tackle. Because the guy that drafted Becton and passed on Sewell for the worst QB I've ever seen was the dude picking said tackle.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

ISRAEL ABANIKANDA, Pittsburgh (5-10, 217, 4.45, 3-4): Third-year junior. “He reminded me of Tevin Coleman, the kid that came out of Indiana a few years ago,” one scout said. “Straight-line speed guy. Almost a little bit like (Isiah) Pacheco of Kansas City.” Tremendous combine workout. Led the position in the vertical jump (41 inches) and broad jump (10-8). “Like an old-school Denver scheme (runner),” said a second scout. “Zone runner, one cut and go. He can f--king go. He didn’t run quite as fast on the clock as I thought he would based on how fast he is on film. You give this guy a lane and he can hit it. He will run into a brick wall, good or bad. The problem is, he’s stiff and he’s upright. Has little or no value in the passing game. They actually had to pull him off the field at the end of the year because they didn’t trust him in pass pro. Nice kid, not very smart. Below average worker. He wasn’t even starting at the beginning of the year, then a couple guys got hurt and he started carrying the load. He had 300 and some yards (320) and six TDs against Virginia Tech, which is like a bad I-AA team. You’ve got to give the guy credit, but then people started getting into his ear. ‘Hey, you’ve got to come out.’ He’s not well-rounded enough right now.” Led FBS in touchdowns (21) last season. Finished with 390 caries for 2,177 (5.6) and 28 TDs plus just 38 receptions and three TDs. “I like him but at a certain price,” said a third scout. “He’s not one to create on his own but if he gets a hole he’s gone. He probably put too much weight on at 217 (at pro day). I’d want him in the 207-208 range and then he maybe even could break 4.4.”  From Brooklyn, N.Y. His hands were a tiny 8 ¼.

At 5-foot-10, 217 pounds, Abanikanda set the trail ablaze by running what scouts timed as a 40-yard somewhere in the low 4.3s. Abanikanda himself said he heard somewhere between 4.26-4.32. Whatever the time was, it was fast. Really fast.

Just now, Mogglez said:

Probably because it was a heel blister on the opposite leg of his previous injury.  

Then again, there were a large number of posters here who thought that Tyrod Taylor was signed to be QB1 because Aaron already told the Jets that he was going to be making a VP bid, so freaking out over a blister would be pretty on-brand for this forum.

Nah the 40 year old is limping while running and if I’m putting my money on it rodgers will go down again at some point. 

Tyrod will have us all pulling our hair out, hopefully the rookie is one of those diamond in the rough type Qbs, hopefully he’s healthy in enough time if needed 

This entire offense  is a house of cards 

House Of Cards Cats GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, doitny said:

Yeboah is the better catcher and better after the catch. Ruckert is a better blocker. 

he was injured most of the time but now that we have a QB that can get him the ball in space i bet we see alot more of him. 

Just curious why you say Yeboah is a better pass catcher than Ruckert?

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Nah the 40 year old is limping while running and if I’m putting my money on it rodgers will go down again at some point. 

Tyrod will have us all pulling our hair out, hopefully the rookie is one of those diamond in the rough type Qbs, hopefully he’s healthy in enough time if needed 

I mean, maybe lol, but a blister will cause a limp.  Sh*t suckssssss.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, dbatesman said:

This is one of the stranger bits we've seen in a while

Allen (20) is younger than Abanikanda (21). Abanikanda will turn 22 in October.  Allen won't turn 21 until next January.

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

• Haha 1