CJ Stroud has some thoughts about Aaron Rodgers being a choke artist

11 hours ago, extmenace said:

Lol, you guys watch NFL football games right? What Mahomes has done in the playoffs makes him very clutch. He’s stolen a ton of victories. It’s a team game, but a clutch qb is the difference between winning and losing on the final drive. Rodgers has been good in the wins but when they are down in the 4th, he hasn’t been enough of a factor to bring the team back and win in the playoffs. Every talking head brings this point up. This isn’t some crazy hot take.

when the refs are on your side that is much easier to do. 

• Thumb Down 1

Rodgers wins a Super Bowl with this misguided and forlorn outfit ... It doesn't only cement him as far greater than Stafford .... It catapults him to the Greatest QB of all time.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

This kid gonna have a hell of a time when AR's teammates show Stroud how much we like our QB. The kid clearly needs to be in concussion protocol.

"You know what I think it is? I've talked to Tom Brady about this because he's a good mentor to me," Stroud said, via Athlon Sports. "What he told me is his teammates, and how he treats his teammates. And that's where I think it falls off for Rodgers. We don't know how Aaron Rodgers treats his teammates, but you can guarantee that Tom Brady treats his teammates right because how he got those rings."

During his interview, Stroud was also asked to rank the top five quarterbacks in the NFL and he didn't have Stafford or Rodgers on the list, but he did have himself.

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

21 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Not sure you can call Elway a choke artist. He went to the SB three times in the 80s and lost to vastly superior teams (86 Giants, 87 Redskins, 89 49ers) - Which of those teams should the Broncos have beaten? 

Manning definitely had some choke jobs. Lost as the #2 seed at home to the Titans in 1999-2000, lost as the #1 seed at home to the Steelers in 2005-2006, lost as the #2 seed at home to the Chargers in 2007-2008, lost the SB to the Saints as a favorite and threw the game-losing pick 6. 

Can call Elway a choke artist for sure - check his playoff record.

Not only did Manning have a bad playoff record but he also made sure he was paid.  Sometimes at the expense of hurting his team.

I always liked his brother who is funnier and seams more down to earth.

21 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

He has one Super Bowl his entire career.  It’s a fair criticism.  It’s also why I don’t understand Jets fans and some in the media saying we are a lock for the Super Bowl as long as Rodgers doesn’t get injured that is a typical jet let down waiting to happen 

Check the timelines.  Both Elway and Manning won their second SB late in their careers.  

Who knows, AR may do the same.

Look at Elway and Mannings playoff records.  Then factor in their play contributing to those losses.

11 hours ago, doitny said:

great post. i dont why they compared him to Eli, he sucked. and his comp % is Zach like. he lead the league in INTs 3 times.

its not even close, i would take Rodgers everytime.

10 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Stroud did the comparing. That half-wit said he'd rather have Eli's career over Rodgers'. 

In fairness If people actually watched the show he was essentially asked “at the ends of the day would you want Rodgers superior career numbers or Eli’s extra SB win”?   The way it’s being presented is off

They pound it into these guys heads that team and winning is more important than personal goals, so what is he supposed to say?  

7 hours ago, jetsons said:

when the refs are on your side that is much easier to do. 

So many excuses. At the end of the day, you either win or lose. Rodgers has had an amazing career to this point but his playoff appearances have ended in disappointment most of the time. He’s 1-7 in one score playoff games. It’s a team game but these qbs make stupid money to be the difference in the close games. Rodgers hasn’t done enough after his only Super Bowl appearance.

23 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

Can call Elway a choke artist for sure - check his playoff record.

Not only did Manning have a bad playoff record but he also made sure he was paid.  Sometimes at the expense of hurting his team.

I always liked his brother who is funnier and seams more down to earth.

Marino was awful in the playoffs.  All his numbers were waaaaaay down in playoff games.

22 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I'm a little worried about Stroud. He has a lot of expectations this year. It's a lot easier to catch teams by surprise when no one expects anything from you. I'm fascinated to see how that team handles the expectations. 

TBF to him though, when was the last time a highly drafted QB came in and dominated year one only to fall off in year two?  Maybe it's happened but I can't recall an example.  Maybe RG3 but that was after a major injury.  

12 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

TBF to him though, when was the last time a highly drafted QB came in and dominated year one only to fall off in year two?  Maybe it's happened but I can't recall an example.  Maybe RG3 but that was after a major injury.  

Baker Mayfield is the obvious example 

• Upvote 1

Stafford accomplished nothing in detroit.  Detroit is actually flourishing since he left.  He then went to the Rams and had a super bowl bought for him.

Rodgers packers team never bought him anything, and the franchise was excellent under him for a decade plus.  Multiple mvps and a super bowl.

CJ Stroud isnt the sharpest tool in the shed.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

In fairness If people actually watched the show he was essentially asked “at the ends of the day would you want Rodgers superior career numbers or Eli’s extra SB win”?   The way it’s being presented is off

They pound it into these guys heads that team and winning is more important than personal goals, so what is he supposed to say?  

this is true but he could have said Rodgers because his career is not over. he could win another one. 

not saying he is winning us a SB but he is still playing, anything is possible. plus its the smart move to not give bulletin board material to a team you are playing this season or a great QB who could use this to motivate himself even more to show this kid up.

• Upvote 1

Rodgers probably wins more SB's if he had a better D.  Doubt Stafford can overcome that either.  Someone posted some interesting stats re the Packer D points allowed in all Rodgers' playoff losses:

2009 45-51(OT)

2011 20-37

2012 31-45

2013 20-23

2014 22-28(OT)

2015 20-26(OT)

2016 21-44

2019 20-37

2020 26-31

2022 10-13

2023 21-24

58 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Baker Mayfield is the obvious example 

When I heard these quotes the first thing to came to mind was Baker running his mouth about Daniel Jones between his rookie and sophomore years.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Stafford accomplished nothing in detroit.  Detroit is actually flourishing since he left.  He then went to the Rams and had a super bowl bought for him.

Stafford had as good of a 4-game playoff run to win a SB as I've ever seen from a QB. Up there with the Flacco 2012 run. He made numerous clutch throws, had multiple comeback or GW drives, beat some of the best teams of that year, and forced kept brady away from another SB.

If anything, Stafford is the poster boy for the argument that football is the ultimate team sport, and that you could have a borderline HoF QB and still not get anywhere without a good team surrounding him.

He's also the ultimate WR Kingmaker.

30 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Rodgers probably wins more SB's if he had a better D.  Doubt Stafford can overcome that either.  Someone posted some interesting stats re the Packer D points allowed in all Rodgers' playoff losses:

Someone did an analysis somewhere where they attributed postseason win/loss percentage to QBs going back to the early 90s, and Rodgers was in the top 3. It sounds like I'm apologizing for him, but having watched all of his post season games realtime and also having the analysis to back it up, it's absolutely fair to say that he'd have more rings if he had better coaching/teammates through the years.

Similar to Peyton, he took on such a heavy burden carrying his teams over the years that when they finally went up against overall strong teams in the playoffs, their heroics alone weren't enough.

Contrast that with the Bradys and Montanas - while they were strong QBs in their own rights, they had overall strong teams with preeminent coaching. Much easier to win games in the playoffs that way than the Peyton/Rodgers way. 

11 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Stafford had as good of a 4-game playoff run to win a SB as I've ever seen from a QB. Up there with the Flacco 2012 run. He made numerous clutch throws, had multiple comeback or GW drives, beat some of the best teams of that year, and forced kept brady away from another SB.

If anything, Stafford is the poster boy for the argument that football is the ultimate team sport, and that you could have a borderline HoF QB and still not get anywhere without a good team surrounding him.

He's also the ultimate WR Kingmaker.

Its bad when your best comparison for a guy is joe flacco.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

this is true but he could have said Rodgers because his career is not over. he could win another one. 

not saying he is winning us a SB but he is still playing, anything is possible. plus its the smart move to not give bulletin board material to a team you are playing this season or a great QB who could use this to motivate himself even more to show this kid up.

It’s not bulletin board material when you hem and haw and debate whether you’d rather have the better career or the SBs.  He didn’t disrespect Rodgers and his career.  Especially when if Rodgers was on better teams he wins more SBs.  

Eli didn’t win 2 because he’s better than Rodgers 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

It’s not bulletin board material when you hem and haw and debate whether you’d rather have the better career or the SBs.  He didn’t disrespect Rodgers and his career.  Especially when if Rodgers was on better teams he wins more SBs.  

Eli didn’t win 2 because he’s better than Rodgers 

Did you miss the comments he made about Rodgers ability to be a good teammate or the one that said Stafford would have won more rings had he been on Rodgers' Packers teams? Why are you defending Stroud? He clearly has an issue with Rodgers or he is an idiot. Most likely both.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Did you miss the comments he made about Rodgers ability to be a good teammate or the one that said Stafford would have won more rings had he been on Rodgers' Packers teams? Why are you defending Stroud? He clearly has an issue with Rodgers and is an idiot. Most likely both.

Unless Stroud is able to elevate his teams to championships he's not going to be a popular guy in the locker room. He's the worst kind of know it all. He thinks he knows it all but doesn't know sh*t.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

Does CJ wanna see another first round qb bust?  All he has to is look in the mirror.  I don’t think he really understands the fire he just lit under Rodgers for their game this season.

It's ironic because I only remember Rodgers gushing about  "the kid in Huston" when talking about what it's like to having to watch instead of play last season. Rodgers loved CJ's rookie leadership and play!

Just strange that he chose AR to compare in boosting Stafford...  but I guess that has to do with the Lions and Packers being division rivals.

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Huh?

Elway was 14-8 in the playoffs, played in 5 Super Bowls, and won 2 of them. 

Yeah I was going to say Elway is considered maybe the greatest clutch QB ever. His 4th qtr comebacks along with some insane high pressure playoff wins are legendary 

Go look up Elway vs moon in the 91 division Rd 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Testaverde9819 said:

Yeah I was going to say Elway is considered maybe the greatest clutch QB ever. His 4th qtr comebacks along with some insane high pressure playoff wins are legendary 

Go look up Elway vs moon in the 91 division Rd 

Classic game

or "The Drive" in 86 against Cleveland in the AFC title game 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Did you miss the comments he made about Rodgers ability to be a good teammate or the one that said Stafford would have won more rings had he been on Rodgers' Packers teams? Why are you defending Stroud? He clearly has an issue with Rodgers or he is an idiot. Most likely both.

Apparently I did.  I was just concentrating on the winning a SB vs being as great as Rodgers has been.  So get off your attitude.  The clip has Stroud saying he might have won more championships?  So what?  
Im not defending anyone.  
I don’t need to be lectured by you for defending Stroud 

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, GKnight83 said:

Check the timelines.  Both Elway and Manning won their second SB late in their careers.  

Who knows, AR may do the same.

Look at Elway and Mannings playoff records.  Then factor in their play contributing to those losses.

Elway and Manning both played on a lot of mediocre teams.  In 2011 Manning sat out they went from playoffs to worst team in the league.  Rodgers has been on a lot of very good rosters

• Upvote 1