Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade

3 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Absolutely. I was thinking the same. This is Leveon Bell all over again. Reddick has maybe two good years, three at a stretch to play at an elite level. He's gambling his career away. Giving up a third will not be good, but it's not the end of the world either. Sh*t happens. Let's see what the Jets do...

Amazing how the Jets managed to get themselves tangled up in the Leveon Bell and Hassan Reddick situations!

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He clearly doesn’t care. He’s not repped some Johnny come lately like Devitos agent. He has CAA backing him. Digging in is what they do. How the Jets didn’t have this sorted out is wild. To the 31 other teams and NFl fans, this is an “only the Jets” type ordeal. 

CAA makes it even more bizarre to sit out - these are smart guys and I would think get paid either way. Someone on that team has to be telling him there are better ways of doing this.

• Upvote 1

Just now, viffer said:

Only when he said he would play under the last year of his current contract. Every other team now knows he is a liar, and won't trust him.

You realize the NFL is now officially sponsored by bookies.

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Reddick’s contract demands have been public knowledge since January. That’s why the Eagles ate $23 mil against the cap to dump him on Douglas. 

Then why tell the jets that he’ll play on a modified 1 year deal? The jets don’t make this move if Reddick just says he needs a new deal or don’t trade for me.

Just now, bicketybam said:

Hard to believe there are people advocating for trading him for anything less than what we gave up for him. That would absolutely be the dumbest thing they could do.

Would it be the first time in professional sports a team trades a star player they just traded for? Ha. 

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He clearly doesn’t care. He’s not repped some Johnny come lately like Devitos agent. He has CAA backing him. Digging in is what they do. How the Jets didn’t have this sorted out is wild. To the 31 other teams and NFl fans, this is an “only the Jets” type ordeal. 

If he didn't care he wouldn't be requesting a trade.

3 minutes ago, Trotter said:

CAA makes it even more bizarre to sit out - these are smart guys and I would think get paid either way. Someone on that team has to be telling him there are better ways of doing this.

Does Cee Dee Lamb have leverage?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Warfish said:

How does that help us win a Super Bowl this year?

Clear-cut mistake by the GM.  Learn from it, trade him, get something that will help, even if only in a small way, in 2024 and/or beyond.

Trying to be the bigger dick gains us nothing.  It just doubles down on the first mistake with a second mistake.

I disagree.  It makes a statement.  At this point, JD is willing to play poker.  What are the odds Reddick sits out the entire year and thereby risks the rest of his career?  A motivated Reddick helps us win a Superbowl this year more than a 3rd round pick 2 years from now.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Then why tell the jets that he’ll play on a modified 1 year deal? The jets don’t make this move if Reddick just says he needs a new deal or don’t trade for me.

I have this totally new investment opportunity. Totally trust me bro.... 

Good lord 

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Oh yes - and truthfully, loads more than Reddick.

Firstly, he's been the cowboys superstar for years already and is firmly entrenched as a popular figure amongst fans and the team. Secondly, he's playing on a rookie deal that he had no ability to negotiate the pricing for, so him demanding a pay rise to his play levels looks far less selfish. Finally, the cowboys offense feels incredibly lacking without him - they've lost a lot of OL, their RBs are some of the worst in the league, and Dak himself is a year out from free agency. It's actually unbelievable to me Jones hasn't paid him - either the cowboys are being clowns or he is asking for 38m+ (i.e. millions more than Justin Jefferson).

Comparatively, Reddick is screwed. Both in terms of optics and actual leverage.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

You bring nothing to the table/ sad.

haha, my brother from another, there isnt much to add here but he has less than zero leverage and his agency doesnt matter at all.  They're giving him terrible advice as it stands, so not sure how they could be viewed as a positive in the situation.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

haha, my brother from another, there isnt much to add here but he has less than zero leverage and his agency doesnt matter at all.  They're giving him terrible advice as it stands, so not sure how they could be viewed as a positive in the situation.

In these situations, with billionaire agencies lurking in the background, these guys have more leverage than just two parties at sides of the table. Reddick can afford the fines, if he couldn’t he wouldn’t be doing it. Has a Sexton client ever came away on the wrong side of these things?

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Same exact agents as Reddicks and is holding out too. 

They are not even remotely similar situations.

As usual, the Jets created a brand new unique style of cluster ****.

1 minute ago, Testaverde9819 said:

I have this totally new investment opportunity. Totally trust me bro....

Good lord 

Good lord? This is a misstep by Reddick and his team. If this was the plan the entire time, they picked the wrong team to try to back into a corner. This was not the destination to try to leverage. Look at what this team has done this offseason. Not a single extension, not a single long term deal. GM and coaching staff on the hot seat. They just let a high valued pass rusher walk in free agency. There was no shot to get top 5 money here.

@ the trade request. Hate that. I suspect it's just a leverage move from Reddick, as the media stir he was previously generating was dying down and his leverage is slipping daily. The Jets should say they won't trade him unless he reports to camp lol

I was one of few who had a bad taste when this trade first went down. While people here corrected me that Huff wasn't the "lost alternative" here, I nonetheless didn't like the idea of giving up assets beyond 2025, when Rodgers and Douglas will almost surely be gone. I'm surprised Woody sanctioned it, I guess he's desperate now that he's older than ever.

Even still, I was optimistic Reddick would report, work out his deal and play well... This is extra frustrating. 

• slats changed the title to Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade