Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

We all know Reddick is who he is ... Not necessarily a bad malcontent... Misguided, Misunderstood, Misaligned and Misrepresented maybe ... I just think he is Misplaying his hand. Hope this gets resolved soon so he is is no longer the MiSsing piece to this season ... I don't believe he's a misanthrope. This contract situation misbecomes the spectacular possibilities this season might have in store for us.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

You're some type of misanthrope 

• Haha 2

I expect Reddick will report the first week of the season.

The first order of business is for the team to assess his physical condition. If he is out-of-shape the situation gets REALLY UGLY.

Next is to assess where he is financially with respect to the fines and other penalties he has accrued. I haven't heard much about this recently. Much of it is up to the discretion of the team but I imagine he will have to forfeit at least 4 Game Checks and then he has to pay off the fines. Even though Reddick Reports that doesn't mean the Jets have to declare him eligible to play and put him on the Roster. Cleaning this mess up will take some time I would not be surprise if Reddick only has 5 Million Dollars left over from his original contract, assuming the team puts him on the roster at week 5 or 6 and he plays out the season.

This is going to be one hideous mess to clean-up and Joe Douglas's reputation is going to take a sizable hit.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

56 minutes ago, EM31 said:

A 3rd round is the same compensation you get when you lose a good player to free agency.  In other words not all that much.

He risks losing the market because he is perceived badly.  He risks losing a prime year of his playing life.  While both sides have risks here the player is risking way more.  He is asking teams to pay ultra-premium prices while not honoring his current deal and potentially asking them to look back more than a year for the most recent film on him.

But hey, let's chop away a large percentage of potential buyers while at the same time trying to claim that it does not impact the market.

Also if there was any kind of a buying interest for his services the Eagles would have found it when they were initially  shopping him.  The market is thin to nonexistent and if it is still thin then it is getting thinner by the day.

Well managed organizations don’t throw away third round picks 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Well managed organizations don’t throw away third round picks 

It has yet to be shown that the pick has been thrown away.  It was a calculated risk which may yet pay off.

If you give the issue of Barron's from next weekend I will never have to work again.  

3 hours ago, Tooooon said:

While this is true, it came from a desperate/bad team with a terrible coach, and is far from anything someone should be striving for.  Bell talks about his regret to this day over the whole situation.

Except It’s not true.

Bell wasn’t under contract.

Bell had never signed a long term veteran contract with the Steelers or anyone else.

He was a 26 year-old UFA, hit with the exclusive franchise tag for the second year in a row that prevented him from talking to any other team, playing the position that traditionally has the shortest career.

Bell also didn’t show up week 7 and then fake an injury just to accrue the season.

The supposedly same thing happening with Bell didn’t happen. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Every time you respond to me and I actually feel like acknowledging it (which is rare) I think  of Todd.

IMG_1381.webp

It's weird. I read your posts and I think of Rain Man....rocking back and forth obsessing about preseason games, or Zach Wilson, or Joe Douglas not speaking to the media. You remind me of a neurotic little dog that shakes a lot and pisses the floor.

4 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

It's weird. I read your posts and I think of Rain Man....rocking back and forth obsessing about preseason games, or Zach Wilson, or Joe Douglas not speaking to the media. You remind me of a neurotic little dog that shakes a lot and pisses the floor.

how’s the Pergaments hot tub holding up 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Jets DL starting to look pretty deep with the emergence of Takk and Taylor. Not sure what Reddicks leverage is here but doesn’t look too good for him. 

He is one of the best in the game, but he is absolutely losing leverage with each game.

• Upvote 1

The word “leverage” is quickly over-taking “kid” as my least favorite word bandied about here.
Whelp... He's definitely not a kid.... and has no leverage

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bicketybam said:

So you are saying he is an excellent driver.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Jets DL starting to look pretty deep with the emergence of Takk and Taylor. Not sure what Reddicks leverage is here but doesn’t look too good for him. 

I'm not sure how much a good preseason performance really counts for.  Once regular season starts, Reddick will very likely have plenty more value than Takk and Taylor.

• Upvote 1

So if the jets put Reddick on the “did not report “ list they should be able to carry an extra edge, correct?

They would have to do this by Wednesday I believe. 

Might give McGregor a spot until he shows up 

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

So if the jets put Reddick on the “did not report “ list they should be able to carry an extra edge, correct?

They would have to do this by Wednesday I believe. 

Might give McGregor a spot until he shows up 

I thought they already did that.

edit:

https://www.foxsports.com/articles/nfl/jets-place-edge-rusher-haason-reddick-on-the-reservedid-not-report-list-as-he-seeks-a-new-contract

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Just checking in. Has Douglas asserted all that leverage I keep reading he has to get Reddick into the building yet?

“Leverage” has become my most unliked word due to the unconscionable misuse it has been subjected to here. I feel better when I consider that for 99% of this board, their negotiating experience is for a lease on a new Fiat every 7 years.

• Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, jgb said:

“Leverage” has become my most unliked word due to the unconscionable misuse it has been subjected to here. I feel better when I consider that for 99% of this board, their negotiating experience is for a lease on a new Fiat every 7 years.

Night Trying GIF