Non Jets training camp news around the league.....

33 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Your attention is invited to my post where I said 0-17 is on the table.  Soooo.......

You are right.  Breece never came back from his ACL injury.  🤨 

I never said that.  I said he is a 2.  If healthy, is it impossible for him to replicate 55-800-5 or what he was on pace for last year 74-812-8?  No.

I am not saying he is going to have Tyreek or CeeDee numbers.

Of course he can replicate that, if force-fed volume because nobody else is good enough to keep his volume down. But that's not a solid No. 2.

22 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Your call.

I'm just playing the odds here, when is the last time you've heard of someone returning from surgery on a torn meniscus, in the same season that they had the surgery?

I'm sure there are a few cases where this may have happened (although I don't recall any) but I'd say those are the exceptions and not the rule.

The last time? Last year. Jalen Ramsey had the full repair surgery in late July, and was playing NFL games again by the first week of November.

And again, that's the full repair, which would have McCarthy back by around the end of November; if all McCarthy needs is the trim, the timeline is much shorter, probably back by week 6.

It's OK to just be wrong about something, you don't need to corncob over it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/12/2024 at 11:52 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

Rookie QBs always overproduce in preseason. Likely Nabers' award to lose this year. Harrison should be the favorite but who tf knows what's going on with that guy.

If Caleb doesn't win it, it's going to be a problem in Chicago. He's got it all set up to put up numbers regardless of whether they win games or not.

Nabers is a freak of nature, don't get me wrong, but between commanding all of the opposing D's attention every week (everyone else on that O is awful) and dealing with Daniel Jones misfiring 5 times a game - he won't put up the requisite numbers. 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

If Caleb doesn't win it, it's going to be a problem in Chicago. He's got it all set up to put up numbers regardless of whether they win games or not.

Nabers is a freak of nature, don't get me wrong, but between commanding all of the opposing D's attention every week (everyone else on that O is awful) and dealing with Daniel Jones misfiring 5 times a game - he won't put up the requisite numbers. 

Caleb Willimas does not have the organization or coaching to be successful.  The Bears organizational infastructure is a joke and Eberflus/Waldren are terrible coaches.

Hes done before it even starts.

Nix - Payton

McCarthy - Oconnell

Daniels - Kingsbury

These qbs are in a much better coaching situation to flourish than Caleb.

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Caleb Willimas does not have the organization or coaching to be successful.  The Bears organizational infastructure is a joke and Eberflus/Waldren are terrible coaches.

Nix - Payton

McCarthy - Oconnell

Daniels - Kingsbury

These qbs are in a much better coaching situation to flourish than Caleb.

And there it is, caleb williams going to the HoF

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Less than 0% chance that the poster labeling any critique of the Jets as dis.ease-ridden is also claiming that organizational infrastructure will hold back a player from another franchise which has had vastly more success than the Jets in the last 40 years.  

1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

The last time? Last year. Jalen Ramsey had the full repair surgery in late July, and was playing NFL games again by the first week of November.

And again, that's the full repair, which would have McCarthy back by around the end of November; if all McCarthy needs is the trim, the timeline is much shorter, probably back by week 6.

It's OK to just be wrong about something

When I'm wrong, I have no problem admitting it.

That's what men do.

And apparently, I was wrong.

After doing some research, I found this;

Expected time missed: A torn meniscus should not end an NFL player’s season - as long as the season doesn’t end before the 4-6 weeks it takes to recover from this injury.

This seems to be the prevailing sentiment.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

We have another Raider90210 here all of a sudden declaring that their scrubs are good.

We will see the Jets time the  offseason- it’s almost over.    Let’s wait till we see how the games play out , and than tell me how wrong I was.      A lot of people are going to be eating serious crow.   I can wait .

3 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

We will see the Jets time the  offseason- it’s almost over.    Let’s wait till we see how the games play out , and than tell me how wrong I was.      A lot of people are going to be eating serious crow.   I can wait .

You are wrong every single year since I first read you as 90210 over 15 yrs ago on JI.  You're always wrong... it's a lock more than any other on the planet.  And I have been correct about my Riaduh predictions every year you have been wrong, which is almost all of them.  

2024 Raiders: 6-11 with a slight chance for 7-10 but a bigger chance for 5-12.  Book it.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PFSIKH said:

Your attention is invited to my post where I said 0-17 is on the table.  Soooo.......

You are right.  Breece never came back from his ACL injury.  🤨 

I never said that.  I said he is a 2.  If healthy, is it impossible for him to replicate 55-800-5 or what he was on pace for last year 74-812-8?  No.

I am not saying he is going to have Tyreek or CeeDee numbers.

Breece was, what 22? A little more mileage on Bourne plus he never sniffed the class of athlete that Breece is. 

The second part is fair but:

1) You're a Patriots fan so I don't have to be fair to you :)

2) its nice to see you guys doing the desperate wish casting thing. "if career scrub x does y and our horrible offensive line becomes good for some reason and the rookie QB does z". Warms the heart.

• Haha 1

It's OK to just be wrong about something, you don't need to corncob over it.

Well......

I typed "T. I. P. P. Y."  without the periods.  Evidently some clever person has written a bot to change the affectionate name that the Joe Namath dude calls Tippman to the comment about loving Sarge.  It was probably you, but I'm not gonna fall for it and do it again.

• Haha 2

Bourne's 2021 season netted a grand total of 55 receptions on 70 targets. For comparison, here's the target profiles of the AFC's other No. 2 targets that year:

Bal (Brown): 146

KC (Kelce): 134 

LAC (Williams): 129

Buf (Beasely): 112

Mia (Gesicki): 112

Cin (Higgins): 110

Pit (Claypool): 105

Jax (Shenault): 100

Oak (Waller): 93

Den (Fant): 90

NYJ (Crowder): 71 (in 12 games)

Ind (Pascal): 69

Cle (Austin Hooper): 61

Hou (Collins): 60

Ten (Westbrook-Ikhine): 57

Bourne wasn't a "solid No. 2" - he was a bottom-barrel guy, on the level of a Jamison Crowder or Zach Pascal. Someone who desperately needs to be upgraded, not someone you want as one of your top pair.

There is a flaw in your example. 

Kelce, Waller, Fant and Hooper are straight up TEs.  Gieselcki is a hybrid.  Beasley has never been an X or Z or probably more accurately, rarely lines up there.  Shenault had 43% more targets, but less yards and no TDs.  Numbers can be bent and twisted to meet your needs.

As far as a #2 WRs go, I would only take Collins, Higgins and Williams over Bourne.  

4 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

I typed "T. I. P. P. Y."  without the periods.  Evidently some clever person has written a bot to change the affectionate name that the Joe Namath dude calls Tippman to the comment about loving Sarge.  It was probably you, but I'm not gonna fall for it and do it again.

Yep. Sperm put a filter in. Works the same way that it does when you type **** you and it instead shows up as asterisks, except that it replaces the letters in that abhorrent nickname with Sperm Edwards is the greatest!!! OMG I love-love-love him!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

When I'm wrong, I have no problem admitting it.

That's what men do.

And I was wrong.

After doing some research, I found this;

Expected time missed: A torn meniscus should not end an NFL player’s season - as long as the season doesn’t end before the 4-6 weeks it takes to recover from this injury.

This seems to be the prevailing sentiment.

Live & learn.

Apparently, I wasn't wrong afterall - So much for the prevailing sentiment.

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports J.J. McCarthy underwent a full meniscus repair and is out for the 2024 season.

McCarthy suffered the knee injury during the Vikings’ preseason opener last weekend. It was initially reported as knee soreness, but the issue was later revealed to be a meniscus injury that required surgery. Barring any setbacks, McCarthy should be ready for training camp next year. Without the No. 10 overall pick looking over his shoulder, Sam Darnold is locked in as the Vikings starter this year. With Kevin O’Connell calling the shots and Justin Jefferson as his top receiver, this is the best situation Darnold has ever found himself in as a starter. He will rank as a QB2 to open the season.

Thank you very much, @Doggin94it thank you.

And as you so graciously put it, "It's OK to just be wrong about something, you don't need to corncob over it."

I can hear the crickets.....

5 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Yep. Sperm put a filter in. Works the same way that it does when you type **** you and it instead shows up as asterisks, except that it replaces the letters in that abhorrent nickname with Sperm Edwards is the greatest!!! OMG I love-love-love him!!!

Yes, I didn't know that was even possible, but figured that it had to be something like that.  While I think it's hilarious, it's dangerous, as someone unscrupulous could alter people's posts that he didn't like, making their posts say the opposite of what they intended or posting a bunch of profanity or weird stuff.  Sarge seems to be a great guy and great poster, however, so it's cool.  Thanks for the explanation!

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

Breece was, what 22? A little more mileage on Bourne plus he never sniffed the class of athlete that Breece is. 

The second part is fair but:

1) You're a Patriots fan so I don't have to be fair to you :)

2) its nice to see you guys doing the desperate wish casting thing. "if career scrub x does y and our horrible offensive line becomes good for some reason and the rookie QB does z". Warms the heart.

And I am not trying to argue Bourne is a Top 5 (or two) player at his position.  

I will admit my position is doing a little 'wishing' that Bourne will comeback as good as he was.  Again, this is not Tyreek coming back from an ACL.  Bourne is probably more quick than fast.  He does not rely on his speed.

Again, I am saying he is a solid #2.  That is nowhere near Top 20.  More like 50+ range.  

It's sad that some posters can be so disrespectful and respond in ways that they probably wouldn't in person.  My ignore list just keeps growing as I learn posters' lack of character.

Oh, and by the way... Sperm Edwards is the greatest!!! OMG I love-love-love him!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PFSIKH said:

And I am not trying to argue Bourne is a Top 5 (or two) player at his position.  

I will admit my position is doing a little 'wishing' that Bourne will comeback as good as he was.  Again, this is not Tyreek coming back from an ACL.  Bourne is probably more quick than fast.  He does not rely on his speed.

Again, I am saying he is a solid #2.  That is nowhere near Top 20.  More like 50+ range.  

So?  Like Allen Lazard? 

8 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

Yes, I didn't know that was even possible, but figured that it had to be something like that.  While I think it's hilarious, it's dangerous, as someone unscrupulous could alter people's posts that he didn't like, making their posts say the opposite of what they intended or posting a bunch of profanity or weird stuff.  Sarge seems to be a great guy and great poster, however, so it's cool.  Thanks for the explanation!

The good news.  Only mods have this ability here.

The bad news?  Same thing.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

The good news.  Only mods have this ability here.

The bad news?  Same thing.

I figured or at least hoped that would be the case.  Thanks for confirming that.  Sperm Edwards is the greatest!!! OMG I love-love-love him!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

But if you are wrong will you go to Raideraholic Anonymous? It's not your fault its a Jets fans are the best.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports J.J. McCarthy underwent a full meniscus repair and is out for the 2024 season.

McCarthy suffered the knee injury during the Vikings’ preseason opener last weekend. It was initially reported as knee soreness, but the issue was later revealed to be a meniscus injury that required surgery. Barring any setbacks, McCarthy should be ready for training camp next year. Without the No. 10 overall pick looking over his shoulder, Sam Darnold is locked in as the Vikings starter this year. With Kevin O’Connell calling the shots and Justin Jefferson as his top receiver, this is the best situation Darnold has ever found himself in as a starter. He will rank as a QB2 to open the season.

And as you so graciously put it, "It's OK to just be wrong about something, you don't need to corncob over it."

Yep, updated information came out: it was a full repair (not just a trim) and the timetable for his specific surgery has him not back until after the regular season. Still a chance he gets back this year, but it's now unlikely. 

That wasn't known until a little bit ago

58 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

good-job-pooping.gif

• Haha 3