I want to see some packages featuring Breece and Braelon on the field together. I’d love for that to become a fixture of the offense. If he continues to impress in the preseason, there’s a strong case to be made that he’d bring a lot more to the table as an offensive weapon than a second TE, and he’s already getting good reviews in pass protect, too. I wouldn’t want to put too much on his plate as a rookie, especially if they feel he’s too valuable straight up as Breece’s backup, but they should definitely work to get there. A devastating run game helps the whole team immeasurably. Keeps bodies off the QB, and the defense off the field. 

Personally, I see Allen and Hall only being on the field together as Allen being a lead blocker for Hall or Allen proving pass protection with hall in motion on 3rd downs

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Hate to be this guy again but gonna keep it real again.

I think some of you guys are in for a dissapointment. Allen was never some physical dynamic ball carrier in college. His highlights really arent that impressive in terms of breaking tackles, staying on his feet etc. His lower body, specifically his calves are small compared to his upper body.

He should be a solid pro though. 

• More Ugh 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Barton said:

I think some of you guys are in for a dissapointment. Allen was never some physical dynamic ball carrier in college. His highlights really arent that impressive in terms of breaking tackles, staying on his feet etc. His lower body, specifically his calves are small compared to his upper body.

Another bona fide steal of the draft! LMAO 

9 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Looks pretty fast to me... but "Oh nO hE dIdN't RuN tHe 40!!""

Dude is already RB2 behind Breece. He's gonna be a steal for them. 

I love how Bob Wischusen did some of his games for Wisconsin.

• Post of the Week 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2024 at 7:20 PM, Barton said:

You may want to rethink your position on this.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/4/2024 at 7:20 PM, Barton said:

Solid pro is all we need right now with last years overall yard leader in the AFC in the back field as well. But, I do think 0 may become that guy we all hope we got. At this point at least a couple Giant defenders agree! 

• Upvote 2

On 7/30/2024 at 9:38 PM, FootballLove said:

That's gonna be the challenge for Douglas. Find a way to re-up Sauce Gardner (he will become the highest paid DB), Garrett Wilson (top 3 highest paid WR), Breece Hall (top 5 highest paid RB), AVT (highest paid Guard), keep paying Quinnen, find and pay for a new QB. Oh ya, find a way to pay Reddick $25m per. And Jermain Johnson will be on the list in a year or two at the most!

This is our 'window' folks!

The Jets aren't going to be paying Reddick $25 million per season or anything.  He may not even show up this season, but for certain, he won't be here next year.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i think it's pretty clear that allen can run.  but just as important, can he pass block?  if he can then maybe the jets will run some nice two back sets.

That question has already been answered.  Camp reports and Saleh have all commented on what a good blocker he is already.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

not a lot of things jets fans love more than a great backup RB.....Lamont Jordan probably the last great one.

Shonn Greene was a fan favorite - especially after he made Cromartie make a business decision during a playoff game.

On 8/4/2024 at 6:20 PM, Barton said:

I think some of you guys are in for a dissapointment. Allen was never some physical dynamic ball carrier in college. His highlights really arent that impressive in terms of breaking tackles, staying on his feet etc.

I'm not a college football fan, so I can't speak to Allen's highlight reel, or things of that nature.

I have watched him in practice shared videos & pre-season games & I'd have to disagree with you, based on what I've seen of him.

Reference your small calves comment, being a strong runner has very little to do with your calves.

Your leg power & strength, is primarily generated from your hamstrings, glutes & quads.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/30/2024 at 7:44 AM, slats said:

I want to see some packages featuring Breece and Braelon on the field together. 

There was at least one play yesterday that I remember, where they were on the field together.

I agree & I'm hopeful that we will be seeing more of that.

• Upvote 4

On 8/22/2024 at 11:41 AM, Claymation said:

I believe they are going to pass to set up the run.

That's what they need to do, and hopefully will if they can get Hackett to pull his conservative, predictable head out of his ass!  Running the ball on 1st and 2nd downs and then passing on 3rd down, and this dumbass wonders why his offense fails much of the time. SMH

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Braelon looks legit.

Fast, powerful no-nonsense downhill runner.

On the run TD he scored, look at the move he puts on the DB once he breaks through the line. He left the DB standing in his cleats and dipped right around him at full speed and flew right by him. Impressive!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Maynard13 said:

On the run TD he scored, look at the move he puts on the DB once he breaks through the line. He left the DB standing in his cleats and dipped right around him at full speed and flew right by him. Impressive!!!!

Learned it from his Nana! Teeheee

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

There was at least one play yesterday that I remember, where they were on the field together.

I agree & I'm hopeful that we will be seeing more of that.

They did it multiple times. I thought it was a nice wrinkle to throw out there and hope they keep using it.

• Upvote 1

On 8/22/2024 at 8:51 AM, nycdan said:

Shonn Greene was a fan favorite - especially after he made Cromartie make a business decision during a playoff game.

Shonn Greene was a plodder

Honestly, Braelon looks like a beast

Seeing him move like that live in person was impressive

His top speed isn't as good as Breece's, but he gets going in a hurry.  And once he gets a head of steam, DBs aren't exactly looking to take him on, and he can't be arm tackled.