***OFFICIAL JETS VS COMMIES GAME-DAY THREAD****

19 minutes ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Agree completely.  That being said McCutcheon should be the first person packing his bags.  

Him and Irv Charles.

Charles, in particular, may have had the worst game of anyone today.  Dude has had an awful spring and summer.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

We saw it last year, not sure why anyone disagrees with this. I can see Tyrod filling in here age there but if Rodgers blows up or nosedives we in trouble. Again! 

I think they are in better shape to withstand Rodgers going down although that would still be a problem. Taylor is better than the 3 stooges who QB'd last year, Hall was coming off an ACL injury and is fully healthy, The RB group is deeper and better, same with the Oline, same with WR. This is a good roster even without Rodgers but obviously he is the key. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They have a starting offense featuring a bunch of dudes who missed a lot of time last season. Rodgers, Breece, Tyron Smith, Morgan Moses, Mike Williams, AVT, etc. It very much matters what their backups look like if/when those players are not available. If Garrett Wilson sprains an ankle, think about what this offense looks like.

so glad they didnt listen to me and passed on JSN for a spinner

also so glab they didnt listen to me and pass on trading up for a WR and drafted a back up LT this year

with that said - I think(hope) this will be a top 10 running team as my 2 fav players are the killer Bs

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Not sure what your point is.   That Rodgers will tear his other achilles this year?

My point is that a player at a position that requires explosion and constant contact came back the same season and played decently.   So Rodgers should be fine coming back 9 months later from his.

Rodgers will play week 1.  Can he survive 17 games?  Probably not

8 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Rodgers will play week 1.  Can he survive 17 games?  Probably not

He's had one season where he didn't play the vast majority of the games.

What are you predicting for this season?  Another season ending injury? His history doesn't support that.

12 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

He's had one season where he didn't play the vast majority of the games.

What are you predicting for this season?  Another season ending injury? His history doesn't support that.

Come on, let’s be real here… you know the drill.

He’s a 40yo QB who will turn 41 in December. He had a thumb injury in 2022 he was able to play through and missed the 2023 (minus 4 plays) season because of an Achilles injury.

If he was anyone other than the Jets QB1, you’d be on here saying his days as a top NFL QB are done and questioning his ability to play the entire season.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If the 2024 NY Jets are putting all their eggs into the Aaron Rodgers basket, then they are fools. Dude has no chance of staying healthy this year. The Achilles is a two year injury, and that dummy rushed back besides in an attempt to keep himself in the news. 

I bet rogers play the whole season avoiding catastrophic injury.

4 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I think they are in better shape to withstand Rodgers going down although that would still be a problem. Taylor is better than the 3 stooges who QB'd last year, Hall was coming off an ACL injury and is fully healthy, The RB group is deeper and better, same with the Oline, same with WR. This is a good roster even without Rodgers but obviously he is the key. 

were in better shape because Zach Wilson isnt here.

when Rodgers went down last year there was no urgency to replace him. why? because they wanted to get another look at Zach. as long as he was here he was going to get another shot at sometime.

now if Rodgers goes down they will sign the best QB available. or if Taylor has a bad game or 2 they will bench him for #3. if he sucks bring in another one. 

we have nothing invested in these guys, not like the #2 pick in the draft where someone might be pulling to give him another shot.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Come on, let’s be real here… you know the drill.

He’s a 40yo QB who will turn 41 in December. He had a thumb injury in 2022 he was able to play through and missed the 2023 (minus 4 plays) season because of an Achilles injury.

If he was anyone other than the Jets QB1, you’d be on here saying his days as a top NFL QB we’re done and questioning his ability to play the entire season.

Id say based on the entirety of his history playing that he isn't injury prone and his quick release and our strong running game will help keep him that way.  I don't throw out his nearly 20 yr history of not getting hurt because he finally did once.  
If he played for our competition, as Brady did, Id be hoping that father time catches up with him but I wouldn't expect it.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Did anyone get injured? That’s all that matters.

My boy Jimmy Ciarlo left with a limp. ☹️

. Doesn’t affect the final roster obviously but I’ve been to about a dozen army games and really want to see him make the PS. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bowles Movement said:

2 yrs ago he played thru an injury and had a season better than any Jet QB has ever had.

How much do you predict he plays this year?

The Jets have probably the worst QB stats in the NFL so that's not saying much. He had a mediocre season and missed the playoffs. 

I don't know how much he will play but I'm guessing it won't be a full season. 

Fact remains, he hasn't been healthy in 2 years. So waving around how healthy and productive he was 10 years ago is meaningless. We are getting the oldest player in the league who hasn't been healthy for years. Not 30 year old Rodgers.

• Thumb Down 3

43 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

The Jets have probably the worst QB stats in the NFL so that's not saying much. He had a mediocre season and missed the playoffs. 

I don't know how much he will play but I'm guessing it won't be a full season. 

Fact remains, he hasn't been healthy in 2 years. So waving around how healthy and productive he was 10 years ago is meaningless. We are getting the oldest player in the league who hasn't been healthy for years. Not 30 year old Rodgers.

Aaron Rodgers won league MVP in back to back seasons at 38 and 39 years old. No one is talking about 10 years ago.

Whether he can stay healthy is a legit concern but to act like he hasn't been good for a decade is stupid.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Claymation said:

the spin move wasnt against trent smith . smith stoned him on his 2 or 3 pass blocks..  but we cant make any opinions off these limited play  ,, you need to set guys up over the course of the game

14 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Lol I missed it while I was editing, was pumped to go back and see it!

Are you going to post a "Bla Bla Bla - Every Commercial" video?  :)

In all seriousness, though, is that commercial posted on YouTube?  I'd check it out.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1