bo nix

It’s a shame this organization has given Aaron Rodgers so much sway on personnel. If we were going to invest out 1st rounder in Olu (a backup who starts in the next 1-2 years), then it’d have been better business to make it a QB.

Franchise is positioned to have to start all over as soon as Rodgers steps away, which will be sooner than later.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

33 minutes ago, Warfish said:

100% off topic, but is there a reason you don't capitalize anything?  Names?  First words of sentences?  Call me old, but it hurts my brain.  Also, no punctuation?

Maybe OP is Jose Canseco 

59 minutes ago, kmnj said:

clearly it is early and we are talking pre season (in my best allan iverson voice) but dude looks like he can play-some teams may be wishing they had a re do on the draft

I personally think the Jets will rue the day they let JJ McCarthy go by.

If your taking a development player why not at QB?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s a shame this organization has given Aaron Rodgers so much sway on personnel. If we were going to invest out 1st rounder in Olu (a backup who starts in the next 1-2 years), then it’d have been better business to make it a QB.

Franchise is positioned to have to start all over as soon as Rodgers steps away, which will be sooner than later.

If not the wrs then oline was the right move with Smith's Injury history. Rookie qb backup this year is a no no in my opinion. However, if you said 3rd stringer Ok, but for me I prefer oline backup over a 3rd string rookie qb.

Edited by BradSmith16fan
Grammatical errors.
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I'm just ignoring the bleak future and am trying to convince myself this season will be a ride worth the cost.

I keep getting told by the college heads that there are no QBs coming out next year. Every year one or two rise up ... But it looks like a down year for that position... So reality seems to be that we will need to wait two years for a solid prospect pool.

Anyone college heads out there willing to fill in specifics ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I’d be shocked if you don’t see Olu starting games by the middle of the year 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I predicted it in another thread, but old rookie QBs might be the wave of the future.  WIth the portal guys will bounce around looking for an opportunity.  They will come out with more game experience and time in multiple systems.  

What are we calling old?  Bo Nix is 24.  Carson Beck who didnt transfer will more than likely be the #1 overall pick next year and he'll be 23 as a rookie.  Are they old?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

100% off topic, but is there a reason you don't capitalize anything?  Names?  First words of sentences?  Call me old, but it hurts my brain.  Also, no punctuation?

I was on my phone and I did know this was English class. It is pretty ironic that your complaint is FULL of grammar and sentence structure errors lol  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, BradSmith16fan said:

If not the wrs then oline was right move with Smith Injury history. Rookie qb backup this year a no no in my opinion. However, if you said 3rd stringer OK, but for me prefer oline.

Or… hear me out… you draft the most important position in the league AND sign a depth OT to be the depth tackle.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

What are we calling old?  Bo Nix is 24.  Carson Beck who didnt transfer will more than likely be the #1 overall pick next year and he'll be 23 as a rookie.  Are they old?

I just mean guys that kicked around.  That used to be close to a death sentence.  Mayfield did end up #1 overall and was meh, but part of the appeal of Darnold and WIlson was being younger 1 school guys.  

31 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I'm just ignoring the bleak future and am trying to convince myself this season will be a ride worth the cost.

I keep getting told by the college heads that there are no QBs coming out next year. Every year one or two rise up ... But it looks like a down year for that position... So reality seems to be that we will need to wait two years for a solid prospect pool.

Anyone college heads out there willing to fill in specifics ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

We’ll be first in line to give up assets and a fat contract for Kirk Cousins after Atlanta transitions to Penix. Sigh.

They added Cousins, Penix and Heineke in one offseason - because it’s the most important position - while still managing to improve the roster as a whole. 

We as Jets fans are far too content with a middling strategy.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I’d be shocked if you don’t see Olu starting games by the middle of the year 

Same, and he’ll be a nice player.

Still doesn’t warrant picking him over a QB, when we used FA and trades to refurbish the OL and our QB is 40+ and coming off a torn Achilles. 

Oh, but Tyrod, right. 🙄

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

He looks solid from what I've seen. (Only looked at his snaps on YouTube)

Sean Payton should be expected to do a good job with any young QB who can play. 

Looking forward to our game with them in late September 

Is there a reason this will be our 5th or 6th year in a row playing Denver?  Similar (bad) records?

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I predicted it in another thread, but old rookie QBs might be the wave of the future.  WIth the portal guys will bounce around looking for an opportunity.  They will come out with more game experience and time in multiple systems.  

Not to mention some decent coin from NIL deals

26 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I was on my phone and I did know this was English class. It is pretty ironic that your complaint is FULL of grammar and sentence structure errors lol  

Coulda said you were just lazy and didn't give enough of a sh*t to bother.

18 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Still doesn’t warrant picking him over a QB, when we used FA and trades to refurbish the OL and our QB is 40+ and coming off a torn Achilles. 

Oh, but Tyrod, right. 🙄

The issue is what you think of Bo Nix.  I didn't see him as top 10.  If you think he is a legit NFL QB, sure you take him.  If he is a lottery ticket?  Not for me at 10.  I guess the same can wonder if McCarthy was worth it too, but IMO when you are looking at the #5 QB in the draft, that is not something I consider a must do at #10 overall.   

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

29 minutes ago, kmnj said:

-1 point for kmnj for not typing out this reply in all caps. 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Is there a reason this will be our 5th or 6th year in a row playing Denver?  Similar (bad) records?

Yep - besides playing the AFC west every 4 years, we’ve also finished in the same place  in our division as they have in their division 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Oh, but Tyrod, right. 🙄

I didn’t love any of the QBs left at 10, but I wouldn’t have been against a QB pick, in principle.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Barkus said:

He already looks like a functional Qb. Unlike Zack who is a 4th yr vet playing vs 3rd stringers.

a lot of people were hyping up Zach after his preseason performance against the Packers his rookie year 

30 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

We’ll be first in line to give up assets and a fat contract for Kirk Cousins after Atlanta transitions to Penix. Sigh.

They added Cousins, Penix and Heineke in one offseason - because it’s the most important position - while still managing to improve the roster as a whole. 

We as Jets fans are far too content with a middling strategy.

depending on his age i would go with Cousins after Rodgers.

our roster is too good to gamble on the rookie QB thing again. im pretty sure if we draft a QB in the next 2 years GW is gone. WRs are too dependent on QBs and he will sign somewhere with an established QB. and he wont be the only one.

i except that we will be a good team in need of a QB as long as we keep that core 4. get the best FA after Rodgers whether its Cousins or someone else and draft his replacement.

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

The issue is what you think of Bo Nix.  I didn't see him as top 10.  If you think he is a legit NFL QB, sure you take him.  If he is a lottery ticket?  Not for me at 10.  I guess the same can wonder if McCarthy was worth it too, but IMO when you are looking at the #5 QB in the draft, that is not something I consider a must do at #10 overall.   

I get why people feel otherwise, but this is the bed they made last year and they'd like at least one full season of knowing they didn't leave opportunities there (to give this 1-2 seasons every chance they could). 

Imagine if they'd taken Nix, he's 3rd string this year despite getting drafted at #10 -- that happens, and then Jets Style Murphy's Law sets in & the team's season ends after Tyron Smith's unworthy backup puts Rodgers on IR in September again while Olu makes the probowl as a rookie for the Saints or something. Then Taylor goes down 15 plays later for the same reason. Then Nix starts developing happy feet taking 4 sacks a game while also & feeling footsteps even when they aren't there & develops into the next Jets bust QB. That's Jets Style Murphy's Law -- we know it by heart, lol.

Then the same people would be screaming how obvious it was to take an OT in round with the prospect who ended up being best of the class just sitting right there at our pick, lol.

If this was them taking a ****ing box safety over a QB prospect - when the team had only 38 year-old never-was / player-coach McCown,  recent bust Petty, and even more recent bust Hackenberg on the roster? Yeah that's when you scream in horror. 

• Upvote 3