Those who went to the joint practice today - would you agree with this? "The Jets essentially demoralized their rivals"

3 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Concerned about this as well.

It's great that the Jets played well, but they need to sh!tcan the needless taunting.

The taunting and trash talk is fun from where the fans sit, but it does give a lot of motive to the other team.  Im waiting to see what goes on when the Jets play Beefalo this year.   Clemmons gonna flex ???

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:

Worse for who? 😅

Worse for the team whose pass rush did not dominate bottom-feeding teams if that had actually happened..  Luckily for us it did not so there is that.

41 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I just gotta roll with it Crush. Never let them see you sweat.

Remember when joewilly used to get so angry when guys got on him about… uh, well you know what they got on him about 😉

Only challenge is you come into gamethreads. Least thought you did. 

3 hours ago, Bronx said:

Aaron should participate in several series with the starting lineup. Relying solely on training camp practices before the regular season is not sufficient.

Yeah, after Sauce was taunting them and waving good bye, I'm certain that none of the Giants would get pissed and then try to hurt Sauce or Rodgers in the game.  That would not be wise at all.  As sharp as he looked today, nothing can be gained by Rodgers playing in the game.  Nothing.  At this point, it would be foolish imo to risk getting any starter hurt.  If some Giant player or players want to get revenge, let them beat the hell out of Martinez or Peasley, or some player who won't be on the roster after next Tuesday.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Only challenge is you come into gamethreads. Least thought you did. 

I love the game threads. They’re more fun than most games. Go look how witty and entertaining I was in Saturday nights IGT. 😜

You honestly don’t remember/know the story of how the dumb he’s a Giants fan stuff started? One day I’ll tell you in a PM.

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Giants O vs Jets D was on the other field away from the fans.  You could not see what went on there.

Jets O did dominate the Giants D.

For the last part of practice, the Jets O and the Giants O were on the same field.  Jets went down and scored a td.  Giants went 4 and out.

Not sure why they did not do more of that.  I felt they ended practice a bit too soon.

The most important thing is we got through a whole training camp w/o a major injuries.

I arrived at about 1:15.  I stopped at the far field on my way to the main stands.  I stood at the fence and watched for about 20 minutes.  I was one of about 20 fans mostly Giants on the far end watching our #1 D vs Daniel Jones, DeVito etc.  There were no reporters there.  None.  No idea why.  These were 1st teams doing 11 on 11 practice.  I got to see Nabors up close.  Mostly redzone and near redzone plays.    There was definitely no domination by the defense over there. Nabors looked pretty good on that far field.  For us,  Reed stood out. The LBs did not. Too many really easy 1st downs/scores.  Giants rookie RB looks good.  But nowhere close to ours.  They calling him Brae Train in the stands after that great long run.

1 hour ago, JKlecko said:

Yeah, after Sauce was taunting them and waving good bye, I'm certain that none of the Giants would get pissed and then try to hurt Sauce or Rodgers in the game.  That would not be wise at all.  As sharp as he looked today, nothing can be gained by Rodgers playing in the game.  Nothing.  At this point, it would be foolish imo to risk getting any starter hurt.  If some Giant player or players want to get revenge, let them beat the hell out of Martinez or Peasley, or some player who won't be on the roster after next Tuesday.

We can say that about every opponent.  I believe that each team.has a dirty player hungry to cause injuries. These maggots will always be present. 

It's really not what the Giants said that might upset the Jets' fan base. It's what they DIDN'T say.

What Brian Daboll SHOULD have said: "Good practice today, I can see why the Jets fan base is so excited. Really good roster right there. In fact, I don't think the Giants have a single player the Jets would trade for if you held a gun to their heads. Let's just say I'm glad we won't have to face that squad in the regular season, or until we can find an upgrade for Danny."

31 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I arrived at about 1:15.  I stopped at the far field on my way to the main stands.  I stood at the fence and watched for about 20 minutes.  I was one of about 20 fans mostly Giants on the far end watching our #1 D vs Daniel Jones, DeVito etc.  There were no reporters there.  None.  No idea why.  These were 1st teams doing 11 on 11 practice.  I got to see Nabors up close.  Mostly redzone and near redzone plays.    There was definitely no domination by the defense over there. Nabors looked pretty good on that far field.  For us,  Reed stood out. The LBs did not. Too many really easy 1st downs/scores.  Giants rookie RB looks good.  But nowhere close to ours.  They calling him Brae Train in the stands after that great long run.

Crazy how you’re able to tell us stuff nobody else has, including the media.

Great job, buddy. 👍

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Bronx said:

Aaron should participate in several series with the starting lineup. Relying solely on training camp practices before the regular season is not sufficient.

Sure, what could possibly go wrong.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Found this hilarious… I hope Sauce doesn’t go into acting…

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, the disrespect hahahahaha, he was outright struggling to find something nice to say when asked his opinion on Danny Dimes and wound up with. "I had fun out there"

second thought- Why is anyone happy about us dominating a team that is a mess? if we are supposed to be going to the superbowl arent we SUPPOSED to dominate bum ass teams like the Jints?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, THE BARON said:

The taunting and trash talk is fun from where the fans sit, but it does give a lot of motive to the other team.  Im waiting to see what goes on when the Jets play Beefalo this year.   Clemmons gonna flex ???

Exactly what you don't want to do.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, FootballLove said:

It's really not what the Giants said that might upset the Jets' fan base. It's what they DIDN'T say.

What Brian Daboll SHOULD have said: "Good practice today, I can see why the Jets fan base is so excited. Really good roster right there. In fact, I don't think the Giants have a single player the Jets would trade for if you held a gun to their heads. Let's just say I'm glad we won't have to face that squad in the regular season, or until we can find an upgrade for Danny."

I'd trade Izzy, Ruckert and LAzard for Nabors right now without blinking. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

When I was reading the tweets I was impressed by the Jets O but the D sounded like they were getting walked over, the press just didnt bother covering it because the offense has been the story and concern the last decade. 

I think we are assuming our D is going to be good but that is exactly what is going to lose us a few games this year. 

Wait 

y’all afraid of trash talk now ? 😂

Believe it or not these guys say mean things to each other during a game. 

what you don’t do is poke the bear. You don’t disrespect a great one like Jordan or Manning. 

waving goodbye to a trash team before your third string plays them in a preseason game is not cause for anxiety 

wtf is going on here ?

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, THE BARON said:

We don’t play the Giants for what another 3 years in a regular season game?  
This isn’t close to being an issue.  No one is stupid enough to try and retaliate by trying to injure someone.  

There’s more than enough reason to be motivated in a regular season football game.  You better not need a Sauce wave goodbye to the team for motivation.  

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Completely irrelevant b/c the giants are headed for a new regime next year with a new qb.  Jets could easily be headed for the same.  Give the jets daniel jones instead of rodgers and we’re screwed. 

It’s not a difference just between the two QBs.  
There isn’t a single unit where you’d swap the Jets for the Giants.  

A few thoughts from the #Jets, #Giants joint practice.

I thought this was obvious, but maybe should be stated: The Jets should be ahead of the Giants right now. They believe they’re a Super Bowl contender. The Giants are not that yet.

- The biggest storyline heading into Wednesday was the matchup between Jets All-Pro cornerback Sauce Gardner and Giants rookie phenom Malik Nabers. It was … underwhelming. Reporters don’t have access to the all-22 film or replays, so it’s hard to review anything other than what happened live.

Giants quarterback Daniel Jones threw Nabers’ way six times (seven-on-seven, 11-on-11). He completed only three and just one when Nabers matched up with Gardner. Nabers shook free from Gardner in a 7-on-7 drill for a 15-yard gain in the middle of the field. Brandin Echols and D.J. Reed matched up with Gardner on his other targets. Nabers did get behind the Jets defense for a would-be touchdown in the two-minute, drive-the-field drill. He dropped a slight underthrow from Jones, though.

- Jones finished practice 12-of-18 passing. He threw a touchdown (Chris Manhertz) and ran one in, but in the red zone. Only two of his completions traveled 10-plus yards in the air. He dinked and dunked the majority of the day. In his one drive-the-field drill, he threw a three-yard pass to Nabers, then incompletions to Nabers (drop) and Darius Slayton (two). There was a drop by Theo Johnson(covered by Gardner) for a longer-ish gain over the middle. Johnson made the Giants’ lone offensive highlight with a sideline grab for a first down from Jones.

1 hour ago, jetspenguin said:

When I was reading the tweets I was impressed by the Jets O but the D sounded like they were getting walked over, the press just didnt bother covering it because the offense has been the story and concern the last decade. 

I think we are assuming our D is going to be good but that is exactly what is going to lose us a few games this year. 

I didn’t get the impression the D was getting walked over.  Every run attempt doesn’t have to be a TFL and every drop back a sack, incompletion or INT.  Sounded like a lot of dinking and dunking by the Giants.

• Upvote 4