Your No-Bullsh*t Season Prediction Thread: Four questions

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

1. Predict the Jets record (without qualifiers): 

2. Three Reasons For Hope:

3. Three Reasons It’ll Go To sh*t:

4. What’s your hottest non-Jets take for this season in the NFL?

1. 12-5

2. a. The OL. b. the infusion of young talent on both sides of the ball.  c. Rodgers

3. a. It's the Jets.  Things always turn to sh*t.  b. Robert Saleh is still the HC.   c. Hackett is still the OC.

4. The Carolina Panthers are going to be much better this year than expected and will shock some teams.  They are well coached and have some good young players.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, BP said:

1)8-9

2)

Robert Salehs creative defensive mind

Woodys leadership and inspiration 

loud music between plays and t shirt rifles

3)

Robert Salehs strict disciplinary leadership 

Woodys cluelessness 

The Jets incredible ability to implode EVERY time it’s faced adversity or needed a must win under Saleh

4)I got nothing 

LMAO!

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

—Josh Allen throws 50 TDs this year. 

I don't know about that but I don't understand those who are counting the Bills out.  With Josh Allen in his prime (which he is in), they're still going to be dangerous.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Oh now that the season’s around the corner you wanna be all “Aaron is the goat”. 

go back to your anti-rodgers sandbox with the likes of @FidelioJet and @dbatesman and @Beerfish. @UntouchableCrew’s been keeping a list of all you undeservings and I swear to god if I even see so much as a smile on any of you during this season……..

General Lee to the soldiers of Pickett’s Division before their ill-fated charge at Gettysburg:

I know we face long odds, marching in lockstep over one mile of open ground covered by an entrenched enemy bristling with crack shot Yankee artillery. Some, like your own General James Longstreet, have counseled me that it is suicide. But let me tell each of you this now — if you are pessimistic about your chances to survive the day, you are disallowed from being happy if you make is back alive.

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

greenwichjetfan - Smile Police

Whooo Whooo Whooo here comes the smile police!

The irony is that if the Jets do well, all the “pessimists” will be celebrating while guys like him use their time to stalk around the party challenging whether people deserve to be there.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

The irony is that if the Jets do well, all the “pessimists” will be celebrating while guys like him use their time to stalk around the party challenging whether people deserve to be there.

I will be celebrating AND busting balls. It's not a mutually exclusive thing. Is that allowed?

Just now, bicketybam said:

I will be celebrating AND busting balls. It's not a mutually exclusive thing. Is that allowed?

Do what you want but I’ll be so bloody happy I won’t give an eff who disagreed with me on the Internet 5 months earlier.

Do you though.

• Haha 1

Just now, jgb said:

Nice twist attempt. I never tried to police who is allowed to be happy if the Jets win.

You told me to "do me" and I thanked you 🤷 

And I never said someone can't be happy if the Jets win. I just said that I would remind them of how wrong they were. Repeatedly. You've never done that, right? 

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

1. 11-6

2. A healthy Rodgers, a top 10 OL with depth, an elite defense.

3. Health issues (true for every team), No one emerges after Hall and Wilson, Run D struggles.

4. A star WR gets traded in the 1st 6 weeks.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

You told me to "do me" and I thanked you 🤷 

And I never said someone can't be happy if the Jets win. I just said that I would remind them of how wrong they were. Repeatedly. You've never done that, right? 

Your previous post before the one quoted. Need a color-by-number to keep up?

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Rodgers, Rodgers, Rodgers, Rodgers.  In that order. 

10-7 

Wilson/Hall are genuine offensive superstars, the offensive line could be pretty good, Rodgers spite season

Defensive injury luck runs out/regression occurs, they don't seem to have any ideas on offense besides let Rodgers do what he wants, we're counting on perpetually injured and/or old guys to not get injured which is pretty insane. 

10-7 is my optimistic take. I don't think 11 or even 12 wins is out of the question if things break right but when has that ever happened for this team and why do we think that'll happen with this coaching staff?  A dysfunctional and depressing 7-10 seems about as likely as anything else. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

1) 13-4

2) Elite QB, Elite WR/RB combo, elite defense once Reddick shows up.

3) Injuries, Hackett, Saleh.

4) Brock Bowers is gonna score all the touchdowns.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, jgb said:

You’ve been gone so long you don’t know your ass from your head.

its an ongoing joke. Read the room.

IMG_3331.thumb.jpeg.6a66efb41628a2d90ffb71bba645f98e.jpeg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

You’ve been gone so long you don’t know your ass from your head.

its an ongoing joke. Read the room.

IMG_3331.thumb.jpeg.6a66efb41628a2d90ffb71bba645f98e.jpeg

Unnecessarily hostile but, fine, let’s put that behind us.

So what’s the allegation here? That I didn’t get the joke? I can accept that. But you must admit, the line between satire and stupidity has has gotten pretty effing muddled around here since I have been gone.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Unnecessarily hostile but, fine, let’s put that behind us.

So what’s the allegation here? That I didn’t get the joke? I can accept that. But you must admit, the line between satire and stupidity has has gotten pretty effing muddled around here since I have been gone.

yeah that’s when it happened

1. 10-7
2. Rodgers, Mike Williams and Schedule
3. Coaching, Rodgers gets hurt, Defense ends up being mid.
4. Zach Wilson will start games this year.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

1. 10-7

2. Rodgers has that competitive fire that leads to him being left for dead then posting MVP level seasons and the Jets over the last couple of years have been a tick below middle of the league level record wise despite demoralizing, bottom three in the league QB play because the defense is excellent and they have a couple of special offensive skill players.

This is the most talented team they’ve had in a long time, there’s a sense of urgency, and the depth is better as well. Guys largely stay healthy and it’ll look like a different sport than we’re used to watching the Jets play on the offensive side of the ball. And if a hole or two pops up but the team looks feisty they should be aggressive with player acquisitions.

As much as the offense has a lot of potential room for improvement, the organization has done a really good job identifying players who fit the defense and fitting them around some legitimate cornerstone players. There are already a few guys who look like promising cheap acquisitions this off-season. And this defense has been saddled with a terrible offense and still played hard so it’s be interesting to see them with an average or better offense if that side of the ball gets there.

3. Rodgers is old and fickle and it turns out he’s just kind of retiring here instead of trying to out a stamp on his legacy. The decline we saw in 2022 wasn’t pretend and worsens after the year off due to injury and the injury itself. With a bad offensive ecosystem and a few other injuries, even though he’s better than Zach Wilson things go off the rails.

Even though the roster is talented it’s so talented because it’s extremely injury prone. Tyron Smith and Morgan Moses miss a lot of time which forces Carter Warren to play and not just Fashanu. John Simpson was overrated in Baltimore. Alijah Vera Tucker can’t stay healthy and stresses questionable iOL depth. The team struggles more when Mike Williams misses games and defenses can focus on Garrett Wilson. A defense that’s had good injury luck the last few seasons loses guys. Also an injury to Rodgers, Wilson, or Hall would really put a serious dent in the season.

The defense starts to show cracks. Maybe DJ Reed doesn’t play as well or one of the top two corners misses time. Replacing Jordan Whitehead with Chuck Clark is a downgrade. Mosley loses a step. Kinlaw isn’t an adequate replacement on the iDL. With Reddick out there’s no Huff replacement. Jermaine Johnson just remains a 7 sack rule of player. What was a top 3 unit is good, but more back end of the top ten and not enough to carry an offense that lacks an elite ceiling unless Rodgers is playing at an MVP level.

4. The general consensus shifts back to Kyle Pitts being both really talented and productive as the Falcons finally use him in a way better suited to his skill set this year and he gets actual quarterback play.

9-8

healthy aaron

an improved o l;ine

udfas/late rounders  that are good

health

saleh

saleh

pats go 6-11

• Upvote 1

On 8/25/2024 at 6:47 AM, T0mShane said:

12-5

Rodgers , cb talent, better oline

Rodgers ages, injuries, oline ages at tackle badly 

Dolphins won't make the playoffs 

On 8/25/2024 at 5:47 AM, T0mShane said:

(1)  13-4

(2)  1. D  2.  A-A-Ron 3. Easy early schedule.  The toughest game, the 49ers appear to be a bit off.

(3)  1.  Saleh-A-A-Ron relationship  2.  D is not as good as advertised.  3.  A-A-Ron is worse than 2022

(4)  There will be under 10 1000 yard rushers.

• Post of the Week 1