****The official Jets VS 49ers Game thread****®️©️™️

BP

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

I think it’s 26 straight games now without a pick. He’s invisible and now getting benched for it

Invisible like the player he erases from the field when he covers them. Being able to play single coverage on any top player in the NFL is a weapon. If the coach can’t figure out how to use that, it’s not because the player isn’t great.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think it’s 26 straight games now without a pick. He’s invisible and now getting benched for it

that's not why he got benched. Saleh just said he was "catching his breath." Sauce was running his mouth is what happened

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, he hasn't played in two years....but he was terrible.  

You can make excuses for sure and I get it.  But it doesn't chance the fact that he was terrible.

Strange take.  He was rusty, but that was the best quarterbacking I’ve seen in a Jet jersey in a long time.  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

He wasn’t awful. Stop. 

He was pretty bad. The problem when the QB is also the OC is that the QB doesn’t have the time or perspective to anticipate adjustments the defense is going to make. Rodgers is out there making up sh*t as he goes and he put together one drive, and was gifted a wide open TD when Floyd jumped. Other than that, he looked like a befuddled old man. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Do I have an agenda or did the Jets get chopped up in a game where we were unable to move the ball consistently?

Yes, the defense was bad (which is far more concerning) but saying Rodgers wasn't a major part of the problem is wishful thinking.

He had a drop by Lazard and a fumble to screw up 2 separate drives. Yes, you have an agenda. Rodgers was fine. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Spineless POS head coach.  Just roll over like a batch and give up. Fauck that guy

I don't like Saleh, but they're weren't coming back against the Niners and the officials.  That's the best way to get someone hurt.  I couldn't believe they left Breece and Wilson in once Rodgers came out.  That was stupid.  They have a short week.  Better to write this one off and have a chance at Tennessee, than get someone seriously hurt, and then not only lose to the Titans but lose that player that got hurt for a stretch of time or maybe for the rest of the season.

6 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Dude they were down 3 scores. Stupid time to let them tee off on rodgers

I hate that our opening game came to this. I get why they pulled him. Though it makes zero sense that they left Tyron, Breece and Garrett in.

I don’t usually give a crap anymore how our games go, but this one triggered me. Probably because of how much Saleh likes to talk the talk. Guy sucks.

• Upvote 2

For the most part I thought Rodgers was decent considering he hasn’t played more than a couple of plays since January 2023. He had plenty of zip on the ball. Yes, his passing wasn’t perfect . . . but he also wasn’t throwing balls into the ground in front of his receivers or throwing it 10 feet over their head like Zach was famous for doing. In fact he had a couple of his passes dropped after hitting guys right in their hands. The interception was a broken up pass play, he didnt throw it directly into the defenders arms. He also had no running game to help him like Purdy had all night with SF unstoppable run game.

We will know better about Rodgers passing game when we see him against Tennessee next Sunday.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

The lack of urgency in this presser is concerning

he's not going to show he's sweating... if he does it's gamer over for him. but they did just play the niners, who look just as good as KC...

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

How does Saleh not adjust with heavier personnel or moving a safety into the box when it’s freaking obvious all the 9ers want to do is run the ball 100 times??

I mean at least try something 

Because if you can’t rush the passer then you expose your secondary to long developing crossers and big plays. The problem is lack of pass rush. The problem has a solution who should get a call full of guaranteed money.

• Upvote 1

Just now, kdels62 said:

Because if you can’t rush the passer then you expose your secondary to long developing crossers and big plays. The problem is lack of pass rush. The problem has a solution who should get a call full of guaranteed money.

he came out in the second half with run blitzes. it worked and then it didn't