Does Reddick get a call from JD today?

5 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

After months of not speaking to Reddick, does JD get off his high horse and start acting like an executive and make the first move to resolve this impasse? He better, his seat just got warmer..

no

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Nope.  Now it's likely a pride thing for JD.  I doubt we see Reddick in Jets green this year.

So you think he’s being traded?  Because, again, he can’t sit out the year or else the clock resets for next year and he’s under contract with us again thru 2025.  

• Upvote 1

• jgb changed the title to JD needs to drop pride on Reddick
3 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

McDonald was invisible last night, 

he was pretty visible to me. he was the guy that started out on one side of the field and put on ice skates to the other side.

Hard to miss a 6'5" dude in a football helmet wearing ice skates. 

32 minutes ago, jgb said:

I get why JD demanded the player's physical presence to negotiate, but in hindsight it was a poor move. Teams and agents discuss terms as the rule without the player present. I get that JD exposed himself a bit and now it's an ego deal, but you know, as any married man knows, sometimes you gotta decide if you'd rather be happy or if you'd rather be right.

Time for JD to choose being happy. 

get divorced. then you can be happy and right

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 2

As an organization you must set and establish precedent. This is something he made clear to the other party and he should ride with it.

As for the married comment, give your wife and inch and she'll take a yard. So it's time for JD to be happily right and stick to his guns or do the opposite and have everyone see him about face on his words.  If that's the case then it fair games to test him whenever else. 

Just out of curiosity, are the people advocating for Douglas to swallow his pride,  saying that he should sign the soon to be 30 Reddick for a 3 year 22 plus million dollar contract? He supposedly turned down 3@22 from the Eagles so I assume he wants more.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3

1 minute ago, Joejet said:

Just out of curiosity, are the people advocating for Douglas to swallow his pride,  saying that he should sign the soon to be 30 Reddick for a 3 year 22 plus million dollar contract? He supposedly turned down 3@22 from the Eagles so I assume he wants more.

I'm saying he should TALK to him.  Open an Fing dialogue.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

get divorced. then you can be happy and right

Oh, been there done that. Left my American wife for a European babe. And you're right -- happy and right is now my entire life.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Because putting non-value-added pre-conditions on a negotiation are by definition prideful.

2 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

They kind of set their own weird precedent by engaging a player with a known contract issue, offering him a deal, him declining it, yet still making the the trade and then insisting he be a full participant to continue negotiations.

Douglas should have moved on when Reddick declined his offer.

Yeah, exactly. I could set a precedent that I will only use my turn signal if the other drivers salute me but that doesn't mean there is any value in setting that precedent.

This was a really dumb hill to die on and it would be cosmic justice if JD goes down over it, to be honest. He backed himself into a stupid corner and now he has to double down on stupid to maintain it. Weird.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Because putting non-value-added conditions on a negotiation are by definition prideful.

I was asking what the opinion was of the on site opinion was. Fidelio said he should open dialogue, which I totally agree with. I am guessing that based on your smart ass answer that you are a no to my question. I did negotiations for a living so I know what my thoughts are, I was looking for the general consensus.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Joejet said:

I was asking what the opinion was of the on site opinion was. Fidelio said he should open dialogue, which I totally agree with. I am guessing that based on your smart ass answer that you are a no to my question. I did negotiations for a living so I know what my thoughts are, I was looking for the general consensus.

I yield to your superior challenge display

Dance Dancing GIF by AFV Pets

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Joejet said:

No, they are asking that he call the man and start a dialogue...he won't even do that, which costs nothing. Sounds like he doesn't understand his job duties.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Of course.  But if he insisted on moving forward with the trade he had to then accept he needed to be flexible in the negotiation process.  

This refusing to talk to him is childish.

Trade contingent on agreeing to an extension with the player.

You know, like every other team does.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

No, they are asking that he call the man and start a dialogue...he won't even do that, which costs nothing. Sounds like he doesn't understand his job duties.

He backed himself into a dumb corner with no negotiation value and now doesn't know how to extricate himself.

Classic case of his bluff getting called in a major way.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

JD is the guy supposedly playing chess here.   His pieces were:

• Dalvin Cook-do we need him in 2023 for all of that money?  Bad move.
  • Huff-can I extend him in 2023 for less?   Do I let him walk?  Letting him walk was another bad move.
  • JFM-a pro and con player.  Do I keep him?  Because he spent the money on cook, he can’t afford him if he pays Reddick or Huff.  JFM is good against the run.  
  • Reddick-do I need him?   Reddick was NOT helping much in the 49er game.  He will help in the season.  Was he really that much better than Huff, if he signed Huff early like he was supposed to? 
  • Will McD-is he the pick there?  Can he play EDGE in the NFL?  

I think JD made the wrong batch of decisions, but if his DT was not on IR yesterday, the Jets lose by less. 

How many other games will the Jets need the DT?  Titans can be one of them. 

• Upvote 1