Reddick more then ever now

MysticalJet2

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Im not caving if im JD. Ya JJ getting injured sucks. But we still had 4 sacks today and actually should’ve had more. But Levi’s had a couple really nice scrambles that very few QBs can do. TEN also has a decent OL.

So see how we do against NE and DEN.

That all being said I don’t like Clemons out there. I’d rather see Takk or our UDFA rookie out there.

Takk is who he’s been his entire career… barely a jag. And if you believe what you saw from him and UDFA guy against UPS drivers is going to make up for the production you’d have gotten from any combo of JJ with Huff or Reddick, you’re dreaming.

Going into this game we were missing two big pieces of this DL from last year, today we lost our Pro Bowl edge, but yeah, bring on TAkk and Taylor Show. 😂

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He wasn't seeking $5MM more. He was seeking $25MM/year with surely a minimum of 2 years fully guaranteed. 

Also if he gets $20MM/year and has $6MM in mandatory fines, for this season's pay he ends up with....?

Right, obviously the fines building up inflates the number to a degree that’s untenable for the Jets to make up, but I think the Josina proposition, when it was proposed, would have ended up around the $22mm cash number. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Im not caving if im JD. Ya JJ getting injured sucks. But we still had 4 sacks today and actually should’ve had more. But Levi’s had a couple really nice scrambles that very few QBs can do. TEN also has a decent OL.

So see how we do against NE and DEN.

That all being said I don’t like Clemons out there. I’d rather see Takk or our UDFA rookie out there.

The sacks came from Levis holding onto the ball too long and not knowing how to see the field still

10 hours ago, Vader said:

if GW can be neutralized like today, that becomes a different calculus. You easily make the decision to sign Reddick over breece but not GW or Sauce. 

It's a more difficult situation with the Rodgers window, GW potentially not the A1 dominant WR, and the JJ injury.

Breece is going nowhere, especially at the expense of a guy who has missed training camp, preseason and 2 games thus far. Also, refused to report and play to EARN a new contract next year for whatever team may be interested.  He continues to hurt himself and JD is NOT caving in.  I'm sure at this point, Woody is letting JD handle this as he thinks best.  Was it a long shot to trade for Reddick and think he'd play for us under his existing contract?  Probably But Reddick is in a position exactly as he was in with the Eagles who weren't going to extend him either. What does JD lose if Reddick doesn't report. We gave upo a 3rd but JD could redeem that back. JD STILL has his rights and Reddick will lose 15M this  year plus fines and a year of playing time to showcase his skills.  It's not what you've done in this league, its what you can do.  That's a big loss for him.  JD wasn't giving in to Huff and he's not giving in to Reddick. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Breece is going nowhere, especially at the expense of a guy who has missed training camp, preseason and 2 games thus far. Also, refused to report and play to EARN a new contract next year for whatever team may be interested.  He continues to hurt himself and JD is NOT caving in.  I'm sure at this point, Woody is letting JD handle this as he thinks best.  Was it a long shot to trade for Reddick and think he'd play for us under his existing contract?  Probably But Reddick is in a position exactly as he was in with the Eagles who weren't going to extend him either. What does JD lose if Reddick doesn't report. We gave upo a 3rd but JD could redeem that back. JD STILL has his rights and Reddick will lose 15M this  year plus fines and a year of playing time to showcase his skills.  It's not what you've done in this league, its what you can do.  That's a big loss for him.  JD wasn't giving in to Huff and he's not giving in to Reddick. 

The opportunity cost is what JD and the Jets are losing. That is where Reddick’s leverage lies.

8 hours ago, jgb said:

The opportunity cost is what JD and the Jets are losing. That is where Reddick’s leverage lies.

Can say the same by having lost Huff. JD wasn’t interested in forking over 60M to a one trick pony. In Reddick’s case, he is a more complete player than Huff but he’s also demanding a big payday and he’s got more wear and tear. JD had his mind made up when he traded for Reddick and dumped Huff. It backfired but At this point I don’t see any bend from JD here. 

The simplest of all solutions would have been to fully guarantee the 14M for this season and throw in some incentives.

I'm going to assume that Reddick rejected that idea out of hand so here we are.

The thing is the trade should never have been signed off on without something ironclad in terms of satisfying Reddick enough to ensure he'd be a good soldier for 1 season.

Bridges were basically burned in Philly, apparently, so of course if you ask Reddick or his agent, they'll say whatever you want to hear at the time of the trade.

You can't just take a player's word and base your decisions on that.

You have to do a better job of protecting the team and the organization.

50 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Can say the same by having lost Huff. JD wasn’t interested in forking over 60M to a one trick pony. In Reddick’s case, he is a more complete player than Huff but he’s also demanding a big payday and he’s got more wear and tear. JD had his mind made up when he traded for Reddick and dumped Huff. It backfired but At this point I don’t see any bend from JD here. 

Sounds like a conversation JD should’ve had with Reddick at the time of the trade negotiation and made reaching an accord a condition of the trade 

• Upvote 1

Sounds like a conversation JD should’ve had with Reddick at the time of the trade negotiation and made reaching an accord a condition of the trade 
So tempted to make a new thread ...

HASSAAAAN !!!!!!!!

Still Unsigned

bebec2365a21200330399c0039d92c42.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1