Is Joe Douglas the problem?

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

So should Braelon Allen just be forcing himself onto the field in short-yardage situations?  Ignore Hackett and Saleh and just go tell Breece to go take a seat?  Should Mike Williams and/or Allen Lazard be telling Gipson to get off the field when there's a play call for the receiver to run a go route with a significant height disadvantage?

And how exactly should Joe Douglas get the players to stop committing dumb penalties?

Seems like the more time Saleh has to prepare, the worse we do.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

No we don’t. We have a MUCH better roster than Denver, like it’s not even ****jng close

Yeah that really didn’t show up on the field though. This is the issue with Douglas - An offseason champion, a loser of games. 

Our “much better” WR’s weren’t separating.

Their defence dominated our “much better” offensive line.

Certainly more than our “much better” defensive front dominated theirs.

Poor coaching aside we still weren’t exactly winning our individual battles either. Denver are rebuilding team whose highest paid player is a backup QB in Pittsburgh. The Jets are all in for a Superbowl.

We certainly should  be much better than Denver but maybe Douglas’ roster isn’t as good as you think it is. He is a hack.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Tyron Smith is terrible

AVT is terrible 

Joe Tippman is terrible 

Garrett Wilson is terrible

Breece Hall is terrible

Quinnen Williams is terrible 

Rodgers

Quincy too

Sauce

Reed

They are obviously the reason we lost to Bo fckin Nix and his 2.2 per carry All Stars

Nope, it definitely definitely definitely wasn’t the fault of the biggest difference between winning teams and losing teams in the sport of football. No siree Bob Salad, 422 pre snap penalties coming off a ten day preparation is just a mere speed bump a nothing and not a symptom of a total ******* marshmallow brain Pom Pom slogan machine and his nepo baby side piece 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

Douglas crapped all over Sam Darnold, provided nothing in terms of real roster improvement for him. Even though he promised he would. Traded him so he could draft Wilson, who he fell in love with, and gave him the tools he never provided Sam Darnold. How'd that all turn out. A fireable offense, in and off itself.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GenoJet said:

Douglas crapped all over Sam Darnold, provided nothing in terms of real roster improvement for him. Even though he promised he would. Traded him so he could draft Wilson, who he fell in love with, and gave him the tools he never provided Sam Darnold. How'd that all turn out. A fireable offense, in and off itself.

The idea that this coaching staff would have turned Sam Darnold around is crazy talk.  They've turned Aaron Rodgers, a first ballot HOF QB into Zach Wilson.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The idea that this coaching staff would have turned Sam Darnold around is crazy talk.  They've turned Aaron Rodgers, a first ballot HOF QB into Zach Wilson.  

Another reason,(and a good one), why Douglas is a poor GM. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, GenoJet said:

Another reason,(and a good one), why Douglas is a poor GM. 

Eventually it all goes back to dumping Sam to draft Zach.  It’s an unforgiving and horrific move that no GM could ever survive.  The last 3 years in which JD somehow has still managed to continue to work is like a very long version of the movie Jacob’s Ladder

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Eventually it all goes back to dumping Sam to draft Zach.  It’s an unforgiving and horrific move that no GM could ever survive.  The last 3 years in which JD somehow has still managed to continue to work is like a very long version of the movie Jacob’s Ladder

Zach Becton combo set us back 3 years

i was in the keep Sam boat and trade the pick for talent and was not alone 

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Tyron Smith is terrible

AVT is terrible 

Joe Tippman is terrible 

Garrett Wilson is terrible

Breece Hall is terrible

Quinnen Williams is terrible 

Rodgers

Quincy too

Sauce

Reed

They are obviously the reason we lost to Bo fckin Nix and his 2.2 per carry All Stars

Nope, it definitely definitely definitely wasn’t the fault of the biggest difference between winning teams and losing teams in the sport of football. No siree Bob Salad, 422 pre snap penalties coming off a ten day preparation is just a mere speed bump a nothing and not a symptom of a total ******* marshmallow brain Pom Pom slogan machine and his nepo baby side piece 

Time to dump all of those bums and get Saleh some REAL players instead of a bunch of amateurs who are holding him back.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Where is @bicketybam? Every time the Jets lose he disappears for a week.

Went to to see a friend who lives in upstate NY and then went to a concert at Bethel Woods (Five for Fighting.) 

The Jets losing wasn't great but it didn't ruin my day! As to why I haven't been here is because I don't want to be trolled by Giants fans. I've got better stuff to do!

Still excited to go to London this Thursday! Season is young! 

20240929_203842.jpg

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Who are you blaming the 13 penalties on? Not the core of the team I trust.  Sorry but this is a bad take.   Crap game plan and crap discipline..that is on the CS.  

The CS shares part of the blame like I said, but we were one or two plays from winning the game.  The core of the team includes the kicker, and if he makes that kick we aren’t having this discussion.  Frankly, there are a lot of ugly games like this in the NFL, and it almost always comes down to a core guy making a play (or making a mistake).

20 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Where is @bicketybam? Every time the Jets lose he disappears for a week.

What do you call a guy who hates when the Jets win and calls people out when the Jets lose? Giants fan 😎 

If the Jets lose to the Vikings I'm going to change my screen name to 14 in Green.I hope it's not taken. 

What a surprise.  The board has flipped from "WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!" to the coaches suck, the players suck, the owner sucks, the field sucks.  LET'S HIRE MIKE VRABEL!"

It was a sloppy game.  To me, it appeared obvious that the Jets were the better team.  When you have the better team, you don't want sh*tty weather to make the game difficult.  The refs called the game very tightly which you also don't want when you're the better tream.  They made a million mistakes and still should have won.  They didn't, but I don't think the take away from this game is these guys all suck and should be dumped.  They have to win to stick around, but I don't judge this game as any proof that this team is in the sh*tter.  It was exactly the kind of game that is more likely to be an anomaly than foreshadowing of the rest of the year. 

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

What a surprise.  The board has flipped from "WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!" to the coaches suck, the players suck, the owner sucks, the field sucks.  LET'S HIRE MIKE VRABEL!"

It was a sloppy game.  To me, it appeared obvious that the Jets were the better team.  When you have the better team, you don't want sh*tty weather to make the game difficult.  The refs called the game very tightly which you also don't want when you're the better tream.  They made a million mistakes and still should have won.  They didn't, but I don't think the take away from this game is these guys all suck and should be dumped.  They have to win to stick around, but I don't judge this game as any proof that this team is in the sh*tter.  It was exactly the kind of game that is more likely to be an anomaly than foreshadowing of the rest of the year. 

I think you're looking at this the wrong way.  Under Saleh, we're unprepared and undisciplined.  If we actually do have plans for a deep postseason run, how does that comport?

On 9/29/2024 at 5:19 PM, FidelioJet said:

Sure.  The Broncos are in rebuild mode.  This is supposed to be our Super Bowl run team.  And it's not close to that level of talent.  He's had 4 years of "rebuild"

Jets have a consensus top 5 roster on paper

CONSENSUS

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

10 days to prepare and they decided not to prepare. Like every other long break this team has had. The excuses are nauseating. A lazy staff is a lazy staff. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Biggs said:

Actually Zach beat couple few pretty good teams while here, 

2 hours ago, Larz said:

It’s got to be a curse. There is no other explanation 

Bringing on aging vets that their old team was happy to let go isn't a curse.  

It's because the GM failed to fill the roles with youth so has to take risks.  That's pretty much been the Jets M.O.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Larz said:

It’s got to be a curse. There is no other explanation 

Yes, JD continually bringing in old, regressing players that their former teams are getting rid of, who then show themselves to be completely washed up every time sure is a great unsolvable mystery.

14 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think you're looking at this the wrong way.  Under Saleh, we're unprepared and undisciplined.  If we actually do have plans for a deep postseason run, how does that comport?

Comport?  I think you're taking it the wrong way.  It's a long season.  It will be filled with ups and downs.  I am not a Saleh apologist.  I didn't want him in the first place.  Didn't want Rodgers or Wilson either.  They are here now.  They are not going anywhere until our fate is sealed for the year.  I think ranting that the team was unprepared and undisciplined when they played in sh*tty weather, with an extremely tight officiating crew and had horrid field position all day is a bit much.  Every game I have watched I have seen teams look unprepared and undisciplined.  The swing when we win in London is going to be so ******* fast I don't know how you guys don't get vertigo. 

• Haha 1

Don't get how JD is at all at fault?

He has us with a top roster.

It's the coaching that needs addressed. And I doubt he has complete control over what to do with firings of HC, OC, etc.

So Saleh and Hackett sucking might be totally out of his control and Woody demanding they stay.