JosinaAnderson Tweet: I’m told a Jets 2026 2nd-round pick is conditionally involved in the trade that sent Haason Reddick to Florham Park form Philly

NY Jets 2026 draft picks

Jets 2026 draft picks

Round 1 (Jets)

Round 2 OR Round 3 (Jets) [Conditional/Eagles]

Round 4 (Jets)

Round 5 (Jets)

Round 6 (Jets)

Round 6 (Broncos)

Round 7 (Jets) 

I googled it and yeah what is she talking about lol. 

37 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

Sounds to me that there was a stipulation in the trade where the pick escalates to a 2nd if the Jets trade him to certain locations? 
So sounds as if the Eagles were protecting themselves from the Jets turning around and flipping Reddick to a division rival like Dallas, etc.  So basically like a limited no trade clause within the trade.

This.  Probably no trades to the NFCE or the price escalates…

8 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

What's the point in "reporting" something in such cryptic terms? Report it to the masses when you have complete information, maybe? Jeez.

It's not cryptic. It says that if the Jets trade Reddick, they could have to send a 2nd round pick to Philly based on where they trade him to..

I said a similar thing in another thread but focused on what happened if they traded Reddick to a team that played him 100% of the snaps.   If they did that before game  6 the Jets could theoretically owe the Eagles a second round pick, which is not what they wanted.  

JD the smart Alec also thought he could get Reddick for a cheap 1 year rental and then get a comp pick when he signed elsewhere.  That may not happen.   If the Jets get Devonte Adams week 7 or later, you just cut Reddick to save the cap space and 2nd round draft pick.   But you don’t get a comp pick.