Can Garrett and Breece be more mentally tough than Carter and Moore?

Carter and Moore couldn’t handle competition at their positions. When Breece and Garrett were drafted they fell off the deep end.

Breece seems to be have Allen in his head. The better Allen runs the more Breece presses.

Davante is coming and Garrett will not longer be the unquestioned number 1 target king. Maybe the rumors of a trade have been strong inside the building for a while and it has been bothering Wilson all year. Who knows, but obviously something is off. I watched his whole interview on the Bart Scott show and he looked clinically depressed. 

We need these two to get their heads out of their asses and step the hell up. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

I am legitimately concerned about his mental state once this trade goes through. He needs to look at it as Brady bringing in Gronk, Mike Evans still ate.

He needs to just be better. Adams is 32. Wilson shouldn't be worried about Adams replacing him long term. I want guys that want to win and will do whatever it takes. Right now Wilson is an average receiver who pouts like a girl. Sack up.

• Upvote 2

Sauce and Wilson were the face of the organization, the new NY Jets.  they had a cheerleader as HC who let them be.  Now there's a new sheriff who sucks up all the limelight. a proven HOFer who holds everyone accountable.  and shiny new toys get added on each year.  oh well its a business

I think Breece has definitely gotten it into his own head with all of the attention Allen is getting. Everytime he is interviewed he is asked about Allen. He says the right things but you can see he is pressing everytime he has the ball.

Wilson, i think is struggling for another reason. He too is pressing, but he is getting frustrated with being blanketed and not getting the targets he normally gets. Rodgers, unlike our previous QBs, wants WRs to do specific things and be in specific places. 

I think unlike Breece, if/when DA gets here it is going to help WIlson a lot. One to see a professional work in the pros, and two open up opportunities for him with softer coverages. Wilson would be the best #2 in the league and he will thrive.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, funaz said:

I think Breece has definitely gotten it into his own head with all of the attention Allen is getting. Everytime he is interviewed he is asked about Allen. He says the right things but you can see he is pressing everytime he has the ball.

Wilson, i think is struggling for another reason. He too is pressing, but he is getting frustrated with being blanketed and not getting the targets he normally gets. Rodgers, unlike our previous QBs, wants WRs to do specific things and be in specific places. 

I think unlike Breece, if/when DA gets here it is going to help WIlson a lot. One to see a professional work in the pros, and two open up opportunities for him with softer coverages. Wilson would be the best #2 in the league and he will thrive.

And, in that role, Wilson shouldn't have to worry about getting his feet inbounds as much lol. At least maybe Davante and Mike Williams could help teach him how to do that 

24 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

He needs to just be better. Adams is 32. Wilson shouldn't be worried about Adams replacing him long term. I want guys that want to win and will do whatever it takes. Right now Wilson is an average receiver who pouts like a girl. Sack up.

Adams is 31, what is wrong with this site and understanding how to tell how old someone is.

• Haha 2

Interesting that Moore and Carter have done so little on their new teams:

Moore - 12 catches for 81 yards (6.8 ypc) in 2024

Carter - ...??? Who? Not sure if he's injured but it looks like he isn't even playing this year?

Odd that there are two young players who were thriving with Zach Wilson at QB, but whom Jets fans are mad at now because—coincidentally—they’re not putting up numbers this year in the Rodgers-Hackett offense. Do we think they forgot how to play the sport or

My take on G5 is that his expectations w/ Rodgers were through the roof and it hasnt played out that way.  Many were projecting G5 to jump into the best WR in the league conversation w/ Rodgers and I'm sure he's heard those takes.  During the preseason, they were cooking and roasting everyone in joint practices.  Fast forward to the season and I think G5 is seeing coverage he's not used to seeing because nobody has been scared of the QB room since he joined this team.  Now, they fear Rodgers and Wilson beating them and they're rolling coverage his way n addition to he's had some good to great to elite corners on him and he's not adjusting the way Rodgers wants and they are a bit disconnected.    

Hall has been truly awful this season but he struggled last year too early in the season.  If we're being honest, he's always struggled to be a solid down to down RB.    Dude gets a ton of neg yards to no gains, more than any other RB with his talent than I've ever seen in this league.  It's truly bizarre for a guy who is so explosive and can take it to the house at anytime to be such a bad down to down rusher.  I guess the logic is they'll take the no gains from time to time, waiting for the big ones but it hurts the offense because they're starting behind the chains so many drives.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, funaz said:

Wilson, i think is struggling for another reason. He too is pressing, but he is getting frustrated with being blanketed and not getting the targets he normally gets.

Except he is getting the targets he usually gets:

Wilson thru 4 games in 2024:  34 targets, 20 receptions, 191 yards, 1 TD

Wilson thru 4 games in 2023:  36 targets, 21 receptions, 225 yards, 2 TD

Wilson thru 4 games in 2022:  39 targets, 20 receptions, 255 yards, 2 TD

He's getting almost exactly the same number of tagets, and has the same number of receptions, he's had in his first two years this year, thru 4 games. 

His total yardage on those receptions is down.  But that is because he's being used/thrown to differently under Rodgers than he was under Zach.

With Rodgers in 2024, his average depth of target is only 8.4 yards. 

The two previous seasons his average depth of target was 10.2 and 10.5.  While 2 yards may not sound like much, it shows that the routes he's being targeted on are shorter overall.  We've seen him a lot on those short crossing slants, something we didn't see as much with Wilson (because he couldn't throw them on time or accurately, lol)

His YAC being pretty close to his first two years (3.7 Avg. YAC in 2024, 3.4 in 2023 and 4.6 in 2022) show he's producing YAC pretty close to the way his did last year, but because he's being targeted on short routes, he's getting less overall net yardage (this accounts for much of the difference between his 225 yards thru 4 games in 2023 and his 191 yards this year, ~2 less yards per avg. target x ~20 receptions results in ~40 less yards gained.)

What is frustrating Wilson, almost assuredly, is two things:

1. He cannot seem to get quite on the same page as Rodgers, or in Rodgers head, about where Rodgers expects him to be on many plays.  

2. He's failed to get his feet in bounds on a couple of plays he would have in past years (and if he had, his numbers in 2024 would be exceeding his previous two years, btw).

And a bonus 3. The running game hasn't done much this year, and that's allowing opposing D's to focus harder on the passing game (no fear of the run), and him (Wilson) in coverage.

People want to trash talk him, and presume he sucks now, or is a bad attitude, and maybe he is.  Or maybe he's just a fierce top-tier competitor frustrated he, and the O as a whole, isn't playing it's best so far in 2024, and he expects and wants to do better himself.

As the year winds on, we'll find out.  If he's the guy the sh*t talkers think, he'll get himself off the Jets quickly enough after/if we sign Adams, because that will assuredly reduce his opportunities in 2024 and (at least for 2024) make him a #2 at best or #3/#4 at worst in the WR mix.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jamesr said:

Interesting that Moore and Carter have done so little on their new teams:

Moore - 12 catches for 81 yards (6.8 ypc) in 2024

Carter - ...??? Who? Not sure if he's injured but it looks like he isn't even playing this year?

Carter was released in the Cardinals final cutdown this year and was signed to their practice squad, where he currently resides.  He had decent stats last year and this year's preseason, but he was the odd man out after they made some acquisitions at RB in the offseason.

Carter was released in the Cardinals final cutdown this year and was signed to their practice squad, where he currently resides.  He had decent stats last year and this year's preseason, but he was the odd man out after they made some acquisitions at RB in the offseason.
Oh wow - quite a drop off from being the #2 back for us not long ago.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Odd that there are two young players who were thriving with Zach Wilson at QB, but whom Jets fans are mad at now because—coincidentally—they’re not putting up numbers this year in the Rodgers-Hackett offense. Do we think they forgot how to play the sport or

My assumption is that the mental side of the game went from 1 or 2 with ZW at QB, to 9 or 10 with AR8. they're having to think a lot more, and it's the mental aspect of it all that they're still needing to grow into.

With Zach it was more about getting open and making the catch - often on broken plays where there's a degree of ad-libbing involved. With Aaron it's "where do I need to be when based on what the defense is doing pre and post snap". Might be an overly simplistic view of it, but these guys didn't suddenly regress - rather the bar has been raised on what is expected of them.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

It’s about putting in work. They have the talent. But quite frankly a lot of guys have just talent. It’s the mental aspect that makes guys get to the next level.

Instead of pointing fingers. Both of them

need to look at themselves 1st. GW needs to be doing everything he can to get on the same page as Rodgers. Completely annoying him. Watching extensive film oddly on Adams. Studying Wars that can best double teams.

Breece slot of the same above. But work more on getting north and south. Watch Henry. Not every down needs to have potential to be a TD.

Breece unlike GW hasn’t been vocal about maybe not liking things.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

I dunno… how so?

Ask chat gpt

The difference between “being dog sh*t” and “playing like dog sh*t” lies in permanence and context:

Being dog sh*t suggests that the person or team is consistently bad, implying a fundamental lack of skill or quality.

Playing like dog sh*t refers to performing poorly in a specific instance or game, but it doesn’t necessarily mean the person or team is always bad—just that they’re having a bad performance in that moment.

In short, one describes an ongoing state of mediocrity, while the other describes temporary poor performance.

• WTF? 1

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

count on you to keep stirring the stew 😁

• Haha 1

The entire Jets O is predicated on our guys are better than their guys.  We don't have to scheme or we can't scheme.   Expecting Garrett Wilson to know what's in Rodgers head on any particular play is asking a little much considering they haven't played together for a long time.

I suspect when Lefluer was calling the plays in Green Bay the QB and the WR actually had a scheme and play calls that dictated where the play goes and what routes are run.  They actually had study sessions and practice.  Hacketts job is caddying for Rodgers and Rodgers who's scheme is his own personal stream of consciousness changes based on what he sees at the LOS.  

I suspect Wilson, who came from a big time program and actually practiced a schemed O isn't used to Improv offense.   

GIve it time.  Wilson should be around here a lot longer than Rodgers and he's a great talent who wants to win.  

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

In fairness to Zach he had a simple mind.  Rodgers is a very complex guy.  I suspect it was a lot easier to get into Zach's stream of consciousness than Rodgers.

• Upvote 1