Lead Up To Jets/Bills Game (10/14/2024)

I hope the Jets are big underdogs so I can put money on them.

The Bills game today was shockingly bad and inept. I know you think the Jets were but the Bills were just terrible offensively. And that was against the Houston D. This Jets D is very good, plus Allen hasn't thrown a pick in 5 games. five games! He's due for some

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

The Bills game today was shockingly bad and inept. I know you think the Jets were but the Bills were just terrible offensively. And that was against the Houston D. This Jets D is very good, plus Allen hasn't thrown a pick in 5 games. five games! He's due for some

I just heard that Josh Allen probably has a concussion and might not play on MNF against us?  It'll be Mitch Trubisky instead?  I still think the Bills have a real shot to win.

Fix the run blocking.  That would change everything.
If they can figure out how to fix the run game in the next 8 days, we will be in sole possession of 1st place by 11:30pm EST next Monday.
Step 1 : add a second running play
Step 2 : don't just run power
Step 3 : use some ... Hell any ... Mis direction
Step 4 : go with the hot hand and don't coach stubbornly
Step 5 : block anyone
Step 6 : pass to setup the run if teams are stacking the box

I have never coached football... Yet these all seem like things a man like Hackett should know.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, slimjasi said:

The bills are not that good 

it’s too bad we suck 

the division would be wide open if we weren’t such a dumpster fire 

Somehow we decide to suck even worse when the division is wide open.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Does this game count as the start of the "something" part of football?

I should have tried that on my first wife. The first 5 years are the nothing part of marriage. Do-over?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

I can’t believe they let him back in this one, he looked out cold

Just saw the play.  Holy F!  They let Josh Allen back in the game?!  That's crazy. Between what happened with Tua and now Josh Allen, do we need any more proof that these teams really don't care about the health of their players?!  WTF!

13 hours ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

Take whatever money you were betting on the jets and light it on fire

you will enjoy the heat and light generated for a few seconds and the outcome is the same

• Haha 2

Jets only stopped the Vikings offense after Aaron Jones left the game. But for Jones’s injury, I think it would have been a Vikings blowout win. The Jets D has assignment and tackling problems when it comes to stopping the run. I believe the accountability Quincy was speaking of after the game referred to this particular problem.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Jets only stopped the Vikings offense after Aaron Jones left the game. But for Jones’s injury, I think it would have been a Vikings blowout win. The Jets D has assignment and tackling problems when it comes to stopping the run. I believe the accountability Quincy was speaking of after the game referred to this particular problem.

For sure.

I was worried in the off-season that the defense wouldn't look as good when opponents don't have a ZW offense putting up 9 each game. I didn't expect them to look this bad.

28 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Based on this, I cant see Josh Allen playing on Monday.  I dont think it matters if he came back in.  The NFL should be making a call to Buffalo shortly.

I could still see us losing to Mitch-a-Palooza (Trubisky)

8 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

Y'all know the Jets are going to win this week, right?

Tbh, I don't think we will.  But even if we did, what difference does it make if we're pretenders?

The Pats used to carry water for the entire AFC East (while the Jets, Bills, Dolphins stunk).  The Bills have had a really good run in recent years (and it might continue if Josh Allen can get health).  But right now it's looking like the entire division is in the sh-tter and some team is going to win it by default.  How laughable would it be if the Jets won the division with a tie-breaker at 7-10.  Robert Saleh would be crowing about it from the top of the treetops.

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Tbh, I don't think we will.  But even if we did, what difference does it make if we're pretenders?

The Pats used to carry water for the entire AFC East (while the Jets, Bills, Dolphins stunk).  The Bills have had a really good run in recent years (and it might continue if Josh Allen can get health).  But right now it's looking like the entire division is in the sh-tter and some team is going to win it by default.  How laughable would it be if the Jets won the division with a tie-breaker at 7-10.  Robert Saleh would be crowing about it from the top of the treetops.

He would have the hats and t-shirts for everyone.

Yeah, it is pretty sad.  If the Jets and Patriots win.  The Patriots would be a game out of first.

• Haha 1

Texan’s were fortunate to get the win. Stroud had a tough day and they allowed his half dominance to almost slip away. Losing Collins and not having Mixon will catchup with them. The Bills showed resiliance coming back. As usual, we will play down to the competition.

8 minutes ago, OilfieldJet said:

Texan’s were fortunate to get the win. Stroud had a tough day and they allowed his half dominance to almost slip away. Losing Collins and not having Mixon will catchup with them. The Bills showed resiliance coming back. As usual, we will play down to the competition.

No doubt the bills will be ready to play.  I don’t think it will matter if Allen or trubisky is qb.  Salehs jets have not fared too well on Monday nights.  If the jets can’t get up for this one, they deserve to lose the season.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Just saw the play.  Holy F!  They let Josh Allen back in the game?!  That's crazy. Between what happened with Tua and now Josh Allen, do we need any more proof that these teams really don't care about the health of their players?!  WTF!

He kind of forced his way back on the field. Can the league call down to the refs to stop the game? If Allen didn’t want to come out is there really anything they can do?

• TuscanyTile2 changed the title to Lead Up To Jets/Bills Game (10/14/2024)