Todd Downing PRESS CONFERENCE - taking over play-calling duties | SNY

He may just be sayng what I want to hear but I am loving everything I am reading and seeing about this guy. 

In response to will you guys use motion more cause you cause are unimaginative, predictable and suck - He point blank said every week they need to look at taking advantage and giving our team advantages over the defenses they face. 

He could have bought into the narrative but he kept and classy and affirmed that we are going to adjust per game to who we face and implement a strong run game and motion and everything else.

He track record and his now on the record statements give me alot of hope of change. I am excited to see it. 

Him stating we have a strong run game but just haven't seen it  yet, was good to hear.

Overall seems like a no nonsense approach with some common sense. Love it. LETS GO JETS>

• Upvote 3

LOL

Downing is credited for helping Derek Carr become the first Raiders quarterback to be selected to a Pro Bowl since 2002.[4] On January 20, 2015, Downing was named by Pro Football Focus as Quarterbacks Coach of the Year.[6] After coaching Raiders quarterbacks for two years, he was promoted to offensive coordinator in 2017, after the Raiders decided not to renew Bill Musgrave's contract.[4] When Downing coached Carr from 2015–16, he threw for 7,924 yards, 60 touchdowns, and 19 interceptions with two Pro Bowl appearances.[7]

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If this offense stinks again Monday night, we will know it is not the play caller.  It is Aaron Rodgers.

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Sounds like he's going to stop calling the bad plays and start calling the good plays

Shhhhh, you two gonna ruin the surprise, 

Based on absolutely nothing beyond watching a few Press Conferences, Ulbrich and Downing at least look and sound a HELL of a lot more competent than their predecessors. Saleh was like a boring corporate PR guy and Hackett seemed like a Pre-School teacher in their pressers. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

Some of the stuff can be funny, but I think it’s a bit much with Hackett at this point.

He already endured the humiliation of being fired in-season in year 1 as a HC in Denver which is just unheard of.

I don’t like the idea of kicking a man when he’s down.

I wanted Saleh gone for so long but now that it’s happened, there’s no point in berating him for his deficiencies any longer either.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

i think it's pretty funny that the talking heads somehow think that putting motion into the jets offense will magically make it better.  not even true by a long shot.  what'll make it better is execution, execution, execution.  they need to pass and run block.  they need to be picking up the right people and not missing blocks.  it's all pretty simple and hard at the same time.  and if motion helps, great.  it's just not the be all end all..

10 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Some of the stuff can be funny, but I think it’s a bit much with Hackett at this point.

He already endured the humiliation of being fired in-season in year 1 as a HC in Denver which is just unheard of.

I wanted Saleh gone for so long but now that it’s happened, there’s no point in berating him for his deficiencies any longer either.

This

24 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Rambo Lionsgate GIF by Rambo: Last Blood

Fail_Mary_And_Robert_Saleh_Colgate_Commercial__NFLs_Biggest(10).gif.cbb2c1d065fa41daf143a0b3676f28cf.gif

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Sounds like he's going to stop calling the bad plays and start calling the good plays

Ha!  This is what nobody is talking about. Do we really think Downing is going to create a whole bunch of new plays they haven’t practiced and it’s going to make the offense magically play great?  

Just now, Tooooon said:

Ha!  This is what nobody is talking about. Do we really think Downing is going to create a whole bunch of new plays they haven’t practiced and it’s going to make the offense magically play great?  

Yes!  It's all we have left to cling to.  Don't you dare try to take that away from us!

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

Downing is credited for helping Derek Carr become the first Raiders quarterback to be selected to a Pro Bowl since 2002.[4] On January 20, 2015, Downing was named by Pro Football Focus as Quarterbacks Coach of the Year.[6] After coaching Raiders quarterbacks for two years, he was promoted to offensive coordinator in 2017, after the Raiders decided not to renew Bill Musgrave's contract.[4] When Downing coached Carr from 2015–16, he threw for 7,924 yards, 60 touchdowns, and 19 interceptions with two Pro Bowl appearances.[7]

As a QB coach, not as an OC.

I don't think he's going to be developing / QB coaching Rodgers at 40 years old.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Was about to post this..  He won the press conference, excited to see what happens Monday. 

I have a sneaky suspicion the Revenge Tour is on the precipice of re-starting after a 2 game reprieve. 

I think this is progress. First, win the off season. Second, win the press conferences.  Third, win the game. #PVO