the garbage speaks out against rodgers

3 hours ago, jgb said:

What does that mean? I remember the Jets announced Fitz was the starting QB while he wasn't even under contract :rl:

fitzy didn't re-sign until training camp.  geno attended all of the ota's and won the team over, except for marshall and decker.  and then geno also lit up the preseason.  it is my belief that geno won the team over when fitzy was dickering over his contract.  fitzy was never a team player.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, rangerous said:

fitzy didn't re-sign until training camp.  geno attended all of the ota's and won the team over, except for marshall and decker.  and then geno also lit up the preseason.  it is my belief that geno won the team over when fitzy was dickering over his contract.  fitzy was never a team player.

Gotcha, so you're saying that when Fitz finally signed and started, it drove a rift in the team after that. Judging by the results, I see your point. Thanks for explaining your view.

• Upvote 1

It's all reactionary for the clicks. The Jets are easy targets without Rodgers. With Rodgers they are going to get nuked every week that they lose whether it's by 1 or 100 points.

QBs do this all the time. Rodgers goes out and beats Pittsburgh on Sunday and all of a sudden the Jets are back in the saddle and ready to surge against New England again. Like clockwork.

• Upvote 1

The Fitzpatrick cycle demanded he performed miserably after getting a starting salary but he wouldn't have played for a quarter of the league if he wasn't a good teammate. I have to agree it wasn't necessary to rip Williams in public like that over one less than ideal route. Rodgers could have looked at the pass like a normal QB instead of trying to show off with another no-look pass. Rodgers threw an INT that game. Should another player have ripped Rodgers publicly? Rodgers blew several other passes. Should the receivers take turns torching him after games over every bad pass?

And if ripping players publicly is his thing, why no words about Lazard and his drops? 

That was not an example of good leadership on his part. Rodgers talks a good game about teamwork and building up the team but then he's leading the charge stirring drama and creating division. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Plen T said:

So what if Brady wouldn’t call out a player?

Like Brady is bulletproof does everything right???

Yeah sure and Rodgers wouldn’t get caught cheating on 4 separate occasions 

Brady certainly got in players' faces and yelled at them on national TV during games.  How is that any less embarrassing than what Rodgers did?

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

The Fitzpatrick cycle demanded he performed miserably after getting a starting salary but he wouldn't have played for a quarter of the league if he wasn't a good teammate. I have to agree it wasn't necessary to rip Williams in public like that over one less than ideal route. Rodgers could have looked at the pass like a normal QB instead of trying to show off with another no-look pass. Rodgers threw an INT that game. Should another player have ripped Rodgers publicly? Rodgers blew several other passes. Should the receivers take turns torching him after games over every bad pass?

And if ripping players publicly is his thing, why no words about Lazard and his drops? 

That was not an example of good leadership on his part. Rodgers talks a good game about teamwork and building up the team but then he's leading the charge stirring drama and creating division. 

Williams wasn't ripped over just one less than ideal route.  He had done the same thing the week before with the game on the line and had run the wrong route a couple of other times in the game on Monday.  He's an 8-year veteran and has had plenty of time to learn the playbook.  He deserved being ripped., but Rodgers didn't really rip him, nor did he go out of his way. He was asked a question and answered.  Why should he lie to cover for a teammate who has been unprofessional and not worked to learn the playbook?

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, rangerous said:

okay, so rodgers mentioned williams by name on that last play.  a number of football analysts looked at the play and thought the same thing so why the big deal.  and then we see these losers like fitzy and boomer come out against rodgers.  let's see, the same fitzy who didn't show up until the start of training camp in 2016 who let geno steal the team away from him.  now that was real leadership.  or how about boomer who coslet said had to be his qb.  how'd he do during his stint with the jets.  just another loud mouth.  but then boomer goes on to say how brady wouldn't call out a player.  no brady wouldn't but his wife giselle cerainly called out welker for losing a superbowl.

i say so what.  williams is a big boy.  when they look at the game film they'll see if williams did run the wrong play.  from my green colored eyes it certainly looked like williams would've been open by miles if he had run the right route.  by being to far inside the safety was able to make a play on the ball.

https://nypost.com/2024/10/16/sports/ryan-fitzpatrick-eviscerates-aaron-rodgers-jets-leadership/

If you played sports, you know that rule number one is don't throw your teammates under the bus.  Its called courtesy.  An understanding we lack more in every day it seems, which doesn't seem to speak well of us old farts.  

4 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Fitz can shut the **** up. In the biggest game of his Jets career he folded like a cheap Walmart tent. He then demanded big bucks the following season and absolutely blew chunks. The next thing Fitzpatrick wins will be his first.

If Rodgers reamed his teammates on the sideline like Brady used to do they'd say he should do it in the locker room, not the field. **** that bearded twat and **** Boomer. 

44 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

I remember when Boomer was on TV modeling his number 7 Jets jersey when Ken O'Brien was still on the team and had no idea.

Boomer can suck it.

Maybe he should have called out a few receivers while he was here and he wouldn't have sucked so badly.

Maybe some of the receivers should have called out Boomer. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

It's all reactionary for the clicks. The Jets are easy targets without Rodgers. With Rodgers they are going to get nuked every week that they lose whether it's by 1 or 100 points.

QBs do this all the time. Rodgers goes out and beats Pittsburgh on Sunday and all of a sudden the Jets are back in the saddle and ready to surge against New England again. Like clockwork.

Without Rodgers the jets could still easily be 2 & 4.   It’s his team.  The Jets gave him everything he wanted to come here.  Jobs are on the line from the HC and GM down to the scouts.  The HC has already been replaced.  Hackett still retains the title of OC even though Downing is now the OC.

The Jets are easy targets because the Jets have been a dysfunctional mess since they drafted Zach and replaced him with Hail Mary Rodgers and his Super Friends.  

The Jets have a very soft remaining schedule.  They should be favored in at least 9 of 11 of their remaining games.  Possible every game with the exception of Buffalo in Buffalo.  Beating the Steelers is a start.  Stack wins and get back in the hunt.  Continue to stack them and move into contention for the division.  

He got everything from Woody including now Adams.  No blame, no bs, just win and win and win and  it all goes away.  Until the Jets actually do it they deserve all of it.

6 hours ago, peebag said:

yea, I saw Fitzy throw 6 interceptions against the Chiefs.

He should not be allowed to comment on anything football related.

And then Fitzgarbage subsequently and publicly complained about getting benched.  Very mediocre player I’ll never get the media’s fascination with him

3 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

He didn't rip the guy for running the route poorly. He ripped him for not correcting it. You have to get to where you're supposed to be. 

I'm not trying to defend Rodgers here but there's no reason to publicly tell anyone that they dropped the ball or threw a bad pass because everyone can see that.

2 hours ago, Claymation said:

Maybe some of the receivers should have called out Boomer. 

Yeah but I just remember him throwing the ball away or it landing on the turf and not really knowing what happened or why.

I don't remember him showing any emotion but dejection, and sulking off quietly to the sideline. Kinda like Eeyore. 

I was young and didn't know much and you really couldn't see much of what was going on on TV back then.

Certainly no one was telling you why anything was happening from the booth. Especially the scrubs they had doing Jet games.