We’re still making the playoffs

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We SOJFs all have armadillo skin at this point.  

We have certainly earned the right to call this team out for its ever-spiraling dysfunction without having our fandom questioned 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, jgb said:

We have certainly earned the right to call this team out for its ever-spiraling dysfunction without having our fandom questioned 

Or even better:  Threats to be banned because we’re making this place miserable.

Yeah, we caused all that.  Not the Jets sucking.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Or even better:  Threats to be banned because we’re making this place miserable.

Yeah, we caused all that.  Not the Jets sucking.  

It’s like blaming Walter Kronkite for “spreading bad vibes” after Kennedy’s assassination 

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, jgb said:

What’s ironic is the “real” fans who are aggressively optimistic are always the ones that break spectacularly and without warning. At some point their heads just explode when they can no longer reconcile reality with the lies they must tell themselves to maintain that optimism in the face of so much contrary evidence.

I’m very optimistic.  I’m planning on outliving Woody.  

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Hey sometimes to break a curse you need a miracle. Look at the 04 Boston Red Sox or 2016 Cleveland Cavaliers. One year it’ll happen for our Jets why not this year 🤷🏼‍♂️

"The darkest hour is right before the dawn" or something like that.  I could see us going on a crazy run and barely squeaking into the playoffs.  I could also see us losing winnable games (keep in mind that our opponents see us as a W for them, too) and the season being another disaster.

I feel strangely optimistic at the moment, but only because everyone has written the team off, and that's usually when the Jets play better.  But with the Jets, reality can come crashing down at any point.

• Upvote 2

What’s ironic is the “real” fans who are aggressively optimistic are always the ones that break spectacularly and without warning. At some point their heads just explode when they can no longer reconcile reality with the lies they must tell themselves to maintain that optimism in the face of so much contrary evidence.
Joe W Namath right about now ...3546f8992ddfae1b12d73d2c96289bf2.gif

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

"The darkest hour is right before the dawn" or something like that.  I could see us going on a crazy run and barely squeaking into the playoffs.  I could also see us losing winnable games (keep in mind that our opponents see us as a W for them, too) and the season being another disaster.

I feel strangely optimistic at the moment, but only because everyone has written the team off, and that's usually when the Jets play better.  But with the Jets, reality can come crashing down at any point.

sums my thoughts up perfectly - I just have this feeling that a run is coming and Rodgers gets to tell everyone in the media I told you so without actually saying the words. He will do it in that laid back cool I am smarter then everyone tone.

Or maybe I have gas.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Let's hope we go on a run, if for no other reason than to quiet down BB.  While I'm no fan of Woody (who seems to be BB's biggest target), it also just feels like he likes dragging our team for his own enjoyment.  

He’s right though.  This is the same team as it was 15 years ago.  

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

He’s right though.  This is the same team as it was 15 years ago.  

Agreed.  But it's almost like one of those things where if one of us says it to each other that's one thing.  If an outsider says it then it's a different thing.

20 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

"Accept it, Jet fans!"

I actually get a kick out of JWN's antics, btw.

Same. For ****s sake I had a shirt made from his “what have you done?” line and wore it at the JetNation tailgate last year. I knew enough not to go this year though. I just hate this team way too much. This board is the only thing that keeps me a Jet fan haha.  

• Haha 3

On 10/21/2024 at 8:02 PM, Rhg1084 said:

If you’re jumping ship say so now! Don’t want no fake fans here cheering when we are in the playoffs. This team is too talented to not put it together and the AFC currently stinks.

The defense was awful, but guess what? We’re getting back DJ Reed, MC2, and Hasson Reddick. Those 3 guys will do wonders for this defense. And offensively we got way too much fire power. Rodgers is going to come alive these last 10 games. 10-7 with a wild card birth and going into playoffs red hot!

I mean I’m as positive fan as there is but you can’t blame people for being skeptical the way this team has played with all the talent and expectations they had.  I don’t favs jumping ship but I do see them not giving the jets the benefit of the doubt which is fair.  After 15 years of not making the playoffs you need to prove yourselves before fans start buying in 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I mean I’m as positive fan as there is but you can’t blame people for being skeptical the way this team has played with all the talent and expectations they had.  I don’t favs jumping ship but I do see them not giving the jets the benefit of the doubt which is fair.  After 15 years of not making the playoffs you need to prove yourselves before fans start buying in 

Some people go to the circus to see the amazing talented trapeze artists.  Jets fans are going to see the Menagerie.  

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

The Jets will win as many games as it requires to get the fanbase excited and then right when you are drawn back in, they will donkey punch you square in the d*ck.  There is no alternative. 

Phil Hartman Yes GIF

2 hours ago, GangGreened said:

Where is @Joe W. Namath ??

We have to put up with the shtick relentlessly the entire offseason, only for him to disappear when the games are played? 

Careful what you wish for if you say his name three times he will appear 

Tim Burton Yes GIF by Freeform

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I did something after the Patriots game that remained until now. I corrected the assumed jinx by chance just now. I suspect our run will start this weekend….….Or rationality and reality will impede on pointless dreams and fantastical notions and we will continue to nose dive.

Anyway your optimism is an example that I have indeed fixed the jinx.

22 minutes ago, Biggs said:

@Joe W. Namath the former captain, who had a better record than @Pac with Zach Wilson as his wing man?  Say it ain't so.  Loved Joe.   What did he do, read one of Sperms post to the very end?  

Like 90% of the people who get banned on a message board, nothing more than getting on the bad side of a mod.

We live in a world where @Joe W. Namath gets banned for making people laugh, but @bicketybam is allowed to be what he is with no consequences.

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Like 90% of the people who get banned on a message board, nothing more than getting on the bad side of a mod.

We live in a world where @Joe W. Namath gets banned for making people laugh, but @bicketybam is constantly allowed to be what he is with no consequences.

Is he really banned?  I didn't see it on his profile.  I have no issue with either of them.  I happen to like @Joe W. Namath.  He's fun.  

Mod's going to Mod. 

11 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Is he really banned?  I didn't see it on his profile.  I have no issue with either of them.  I happen to like @Joe W. Namath.  He's fun.  

Mod's going to Mod. 

I like Joe because he makes me laugh. The other guy I mentioned? Not so much.
That said, In the 8 years I’ve been here, the only guy I thought deserved to be banned was DWC and that was because he not only attacked people in a thread, he’d DM people and do it also. Then showed his true colors after he got the ban and took things to a level nobody can defend.

37 minutes ago, Biggs said:

@Joe W. Namath the former captain, who had a better record than @Pac with Zach Wilson as his wing man?  Say it ain't so.  Loved Joe.   What did he do, read one of Sperms post to the very end?  

Joe is on a vacation?  No wonder the board has been more enjoyable lately. 

• Haha 1

On 10/22/2024 at 1:29 AM, Maynard13 said:

I am  in agreement with the OP that the Jets will go on a tear and finish 10-7.  BUT and a big BUT - they will not make the playoffs and even if they do - will get toasted. They can't stop a nose bleed.  Defense wins championships. Where is that poster when you need him.

Agree. Easiest schedule in the NFL going forward. Jets can go 8-2 without beating a tough team. It would be cool to FINALLY break the longest playoff drought in ALL of pro sports. But backing in to the 7th seed just to get embarrassed when they have to play a strong team again in playoffs, shouldn’t be celebrated.. 

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

We live in a world where @Joe W. Namath gets banned for making people laugh, but @bicketybam is allowed to be what he is with no consequences.

Joe W is funny, but sometimes he’s lazy with the shtick and I can see that annoying the mods. 

the other guy… just cringe thinking about how wrong he was lol no wonder he’s in hiding 

• Upvote 1