The Jets needed a QB not a Prima donna washed up head case.

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Two things can simultaneously true. Rodgers is a shell of his former self. Rodgers is far down the list of problems with this team.

Rodgers is still a highly competent QB and by far the best QB we have had in 10 years. The offensive line missing blocks and receivers dropping easily catch balls is way bigger of a problem. Kickers missing crucial kicks is a bigger problem. The defensive line and their inability to stop the run is a bigger problem. 

Agree with a lot of this with one exception.  Rodgers is at the top of the list.  The QB is the straw the stirs the drink.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

He can barely stand in pocket can’t run the ball in from 2 yard line. Look around the NFL JD and Woody always think they know better than everyone else.

Okay no one won’t disagree on needing a new qb.   The question is who are you going to get who has successful track record finding franchise QBs in the draft.     Your GM has no clue when comes to drafting that position, it doesn’t matter how high of a pick you have.( see b “the midget”  Young going before Cj Stroud .     Every team looking for their franchise qb m but finding that guy , is way harder to find.  It takes luck sometimes. 

6 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Okay no one won’t disagree on needing a new qb.   The question is who are you going to get who has successful track record finding franchise QBs in the draft.     Your GM has no clue when comes to drafting that position, it doesn’t matter how high of a pick you have.( see b “the midget”  Young going before Cj Stroud .     Every team looking for their franchise qb m but finding that guy , is way harder to find.  It takes luck sometimes. 

He’s on the team now.  Martinez will be the starting QB by mid November.  He’s as unheralded as both Brady and Purdy  He’s a mortal lock to be the next great NY Jets QB.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He’s on the team now.  Martinez will be the starting QB by mid November.  He’s as unheralded as both Brady and Purdy  He’s a mortal lock to be the next great NY Jets QB.

He might be .  He might be also poached from the Jets practice squad too.  ( see how many already been this year)  But jets draft a qb high in the draft( the  Gms guy)    He’s going to be the future Qb going forward .      A guy like Martinez it’s probably going to take an injury to that franchise qb, and for him to prove himself over a whole season.  Before anyone gives him the keys to their franchise.

1 minute ago, Raideraholic said:

He might be .  He might be also poached from the Jets practice squad too.  ( see how many already been this year)  But jets draft a qb high in the draft( the  Gms guy)    He’s going to be the future Qb going forward .      A guy like Martinez it’s probably going to take an injury to that franchise qb, and for him to prove himself over a whole season.  Before anyone gives him the keys to their franchise.

No way JD is letting him go.  JD future is tied to Martinez saving the franchise.

• Haha 2

The Rodgers hate is laughable. He is on pace for 4k yards and 26 TDs, and he leads in the NFL in fewest turnover worthy throws. His first INT was a nearly miraculous one handed snag with the defenders back turned towards him, 99/100 times that is at worst incomplete . His second INT was a perfect pass that 999/1000 is a catch. 

If Rodgers is “washed” what the hell are guys like Breece, Garrett, and Sauce- because they are all playing worse than Rodgers.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

not sure i have a logical reason why but I do think Rodgers and the offense is going to be fine and clicking over the next few weeks.

The defense - not sure what to make of that .

We were told it is ulbrich's defense so saleh leaving should have no bearing.

were they so vastly overrated that they are in fact an average to slightly above average unit? 

Maybe Reddick if in shape and can provide pressure helps to the degree they need

Obviously next 2 weeks are very telling and basically the season. 

Although by a thread, at least we made Columbus day - Halloween looking very iffy.

And what countless options did we have for that?

Trade for Watson?

Carr?

Cousins? (who turned us down once already)

Darnold? Ya that was never going to happen

Trade for Lance?

So please tell me all these other options we had to address QB

Trade for Watson?
Carr?
Trade for Lance?

Most of us preferred keeping Darnold over a new Kid... Then we got Zach and supported him 'till he was run out of town ... And now we are into the next piece of meat for this sausage factory.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Most of us preferred keeping Darnold over a new Kid... Then we got Zach and supported him 'till he was run out of town ... And now we are into the next piece of meat for this sausage factory.

Who exactly ran Zach Wilson out of town? 

42 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Zach pulled a Jake Plissken and escaped, he was not run out of town.  

53 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Trade for Watson?

Carr?

Trade for Lance?

You think Tyrod Taylor the Jets backup (a lot more mobility) would have been better than going with an older version of a Rodger’s.   I know it’s hindsight , and probably couldn’t sell it to the  Jets fan base .    He wouldn’t needed his guy to make it work.

3 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I'm hoping that Adrian Martinez gets a chance to develop here in the next couple of years.

Throw him in now.  Letting him rot and get picked up by another team is insane. The team is going nowhere with Rodgers or Taylor.

4 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

You think Tyrod Taylor the Jets backup (a lot more mobility) would have been better than going with an older version of a Rodger’s.   I know it’s hindsight , and probably couldn’t sell it to the  Jets fan base .    He wouldn’t needed his guy to make it work.

Rodgers can’t move but with some of the poor QB play around the league he’s still about league average in DVOA and DYAR. The Jets defense has been dreadful, the run blocking has been dreadful, and the Jets special teams have been horrific. The issues stem further than Rodgers being a cook. It’s just a bad team right now without any leadership. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Throw him in now.  Letting him rot and get picked up by another team is insane. The team is going nowhere with Rodgers or Taylor.

I don't want to see a good player get poached or let go, I watched that happen with K Austin Seibert & KR/CB Brandon Codrington this season already. It would be nice if the Jets would sign Martinez to a 2 or 3 yr extension, should be cheap enough to do.

I think Martinez has the tools, good mobility, pocket awareness & arm strength and he can extend & make plays off script when he has to.

He just needs some coaching and playing time and the offensive coaching staff needs to be completely overhauled this off-season.

If we are being fair have to acknowledge a good share of the interceptions weren’t his fault.   Having said that getting duped for pick 6 against Minny was shockingly bad for such a brilliant minded and experience QB.   Also have to admit that about 35% of his passing yards were screens or shuffle handoffs to Hall.   Without those yards his stats would be closer to the Bo Nix territory.   Other than the NE game he has been totally immobile.  Think it’s due to injury but to me he looks totally jittery and unwilling to take any time to actually look downfield.   If you blink your eyes 5x quickly and impose a #2 jersey on him it would look like a slightly improved Zach Wilson.  

4 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Rodgers is a shell of his former self.

Yes

Rodgers is far down the list of problems with this team.

No

Rodgers is still a highly competent QB 

No

by far the best QB we have had in 10 years

Who cares

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Two things can simultaneously true. Rodgers is a shell of his former self. Rodgers is far down the list of problems with this team.

Rodgers is still a highly competent QB and by far the best QB we have had in 10 years. The offensive line missing blocks and receivers dropping easily catch balls is way bigger of a problem. Kickers missing crucial kicks is a bigger problem. The defensive line and their inability to stop the run is a bigger problem. 

Buddy...

He's right at the top of the list. It's a crowded list but he's at the top.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Trade for Watson?

Carr?

Trade for Lance?

Carr is top 10 in the league in both EPA/play and CPOE and we wouldn't have had to give up any draft picks or hand him full control of the franchise to bring him here.

All of which (other than maybe kicking) were a problem last year, and the year before that….and the one before that…..and so on

and there was far less ‘talent’ then too…..  I actually agree that Rodgers is only a part of the problem, but we’ve been hearing ad-nauseum that this team only needed average QB  play, it only required a competent actual NFL quarterback back there….and yet…..the same failings team-wide, over and over….our issues run deeper than simply at QB