How The Jets can fix this mess right now.

1 minute ago, Beaver said:

Seriously, no one should buy tickets or merch.   Go back to the Kotite era of an empty stadium with a few fans that have bags over their heads.

Money and optics are the only thing that owners understand.

EXACTLY.

But can Jets fans do that?

1 minute ago, Beaver said:

Seriously, no one should buy tickets or merch.   Go back to the Kotite era of an empty stadium with a few fans that have bags over their heads.

Fans need to seriously consider a boycott of some kind. Woody Johnson will never make the changes necessary without pressure.

• Upvote 4

Just now, FidelioJet said:

He's 68 so not too old if he wants to do this.

Anyone know why he isn't working right now?  

I mean if the guys heart isn't into it and doing it solely for the money it'll be like Phil Jackson GMing the Knicks.  We don't need that.

the moment they fired the head coach in the middle of the season they unwittingly raised the white flag on the whole season. It would take much more than Ozzie Newsom to turn this around.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Sell the team.

Anything short of that is  treading water. 

Newsome is 68. Why would he be in a rush to take over this dumpster fire at his age? But again, ownership needs to change or nothing will ever change. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, Vader said:

the moment they fired the head coach in the middle of the season they unwittingly raised the white flag on the whole season. It would take much more than Ozzie Newsom to turn this around.

The issue is not a GM problem but a VP of football operations problem!!

We need an Ozzie or Shanahan type to be in control of the entire football operations and then have Woody essentially stay out of the mix!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beaver said:

That worked really well…..didn’t it.

@Matt39 brought this up in a diff thread a few days ago

i wonder how much impact ticket sales has on the net revenue?

I guess there had to be some impact but he brought up the tv revenue.

someone responded that gets shared but even with that, it would be interesting to know if say the jets had a 20% drop in ticket sales, how much if an impact is that exactly?

2 hours ago, Beaver said:

My friend just declined his 46 year season tickets. Wow!!!! It’s happening.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Woody will never do this.  Like Jerry Jones, he wants the credit for the Jets’ success and in this instance he’d get none of it. 

Jet nut disagrees. Just a few couple of a hundred things went wrong, and it’s not the Jets fault. Oh and you’re being negative 

• Haha 2

Time to get down and dirty. No more Mr nice guy. Fire JD tonight. Fire Ulbrich. Put Hackett in as HC for now. Cut Zeurlin tonight. Hire Gruden tomorrow and let him handle HC/ GM until he can hire a GM for next year. Malone trades - Sauce, QW, Mike Williams, some others, cut some guys who have badly underperformed and move on. SEND a damn RED Alert message!  No one is safe. This is the way it’s going to be done or LEAVE. Enough is enough. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Dude is as a die hard Jets fan as I am. Shocked 😳 

Jets produce a product, we consume it. Loyalty as a concept here is ridiculous. If you find a dead mouse in a can of your favorite beer, you stop buying it.

Stop wasting resources on this wretched product, folks. Treat your money and your time with more respect. 

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Jets produce a product, we consume it. Loyalty as a concept here is ridiculous. If you find a dead mouse in a can of your favorite beer, you stop buying it.

Stop wasting resources on this wretched product, folks. Treat your money and your time with more respect. 

46 years too late I reckon. 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

46 years too late I reckon. 

Every Jets fan finally hits “that point” when reality trumps optimism. For me it was Vinny tearing his Achilles after losing the AFC championship 9 months earlier. That was the “oh, so no matter how badly I want this, my wishes won’t manifest themselves on the field.”

3 hours ago, Beaver said:

Seriously, no one should buy tickets or merch

Ticket boycott sure 

Jets shop boycott OK 

But most Merch is split up 32 ways

The Jets got paid every time the league sold a Tom Brady jersey 

Understand that basic economy and you'll understand how we got here 

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

The issue is not a GM problem but a VP of football operations problem!!

We need an Ozzie or Shanahan type to be in control of the entire football operations and then have Woody essentially stay out of the mix!

Yup.  I believe Douglas and possibly Saleh would have been fine if that was the case.  But I still think Zach was a Woody pick.  

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Ticket boycott sure 

Jets shop boycott OK 

But most Merch is split up 32 ways

The Jets got paid every time the league sold a Tom Brady jersey 

Understand that basic economy and you'll understand how we got here 

Sure.  But it would be VERY embarrassing to Woody to have the stands 1/4 full each home game.  That would send a message.  You can't stop merch-sharing, but you can sure embarrass the hell out of him with no fans at home games. 

37 minutes ago, Trotter said:

@Matt39 brought this up in a diff thread a few days ago

i wonder how much impact ticket sales has on the net revenue?

I guess there had to be some impact but he brought up the tv revenue.

someone responded that gets shared but even with that, it would be interesting to know if say the jets had a 20% drop in ticket sales, how much if an impact is that exactly?

Very little. First off, most tickets are already sold. Second, they make 60% of ticket sales (and 40% of road games that do sell out). Anyway the number of unsold tickets is small enough he could buy them up to ensure the game is televised.

Anyway compared to network money and the team’s annual franchise appreciation it’s not even a rounding error.

Where it hurts him more than the wallet is the humiliation of seeing empty seats, whether paid for or not.

Or if you do show up, ditch the Jets hats and go back to the paper shopping bags on the fans’ heads. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, jgb said:

This is the longest I have watched a season since before COVID.  I usually give them five games.  This year I gave them seven.  Well, to be fair, I did give nine games last year because of that fake 5-2 start. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1