The anger was short lived, I’ve now achieved blissful apathy

I have always hated Aaron Rodgers, so I'm actually enjoying this a bit too. 

It's crushing to know most of the young guys will want out though. I love the young core we had building before the Hackett/Rodgers choices. It's typical Woody to get a smell of success and jump off a cliff for it though. Who knows, maybe he'll croak this off season!

• Upvote 1
  • En Fuego 1

I still think good people would come here with enough money and control. They would be taking over a franchise in tatters and the only way to go is up. We would build a statue of the guy if he could bring the playoffs and dare I say a championship to this fanbase. Parcells came here after a 1-15 Rich Kotite season. It can happen but that means this ownership would actually have to hire the right person which as we know is unlikely. 

• Upvote 1

Isn’t it strange that the homers become the most negative when they finally realize how bad things are? I think the usually pessimistic/negative fans that are mostly correct are more optimistic when sh*t officially goes sideways. We are ready to move forward and not bothered by this at all. Still, F this franchise. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

21 minutes ago, slats said:

Woody Johnson didn’t just end the season when he fired his head coach five games into the year with a battle for first place in the division on the horizon, he exterminated any hope for the future of this franchise under him in the process. 

No one will want to work for the sort of stupid, impatient, impulsive owner who would do such a thing, but just to make sure he drove the point home he decided to make stupid GM moves on top of it. With the trade deadline approaching, the Raiders options limited, and reports that they weren’t being offered more than a fourth round pick for Adams, Woody swoops in on a deal that Joe Douglas had been working on for over a year to hand over a third round pick that can become a second. Raiders would’ve taken anything two weeks later, but already it’s obvious that giving up anything was idiotic, and the Jets would’ve been out of the market  entirely at 2-6. Same with Reddick. Douglas had been working on that since the spring, and Reddick was getting close to having to report this season or having his contract toll into next season, so of course -once again- Woody steps in and overpays after publicly begging him to show up a couple weeks early in yet another losing cause. 

For the people here who wanted to fire Saleh, and want him to fire Joe Douglas, too, I have a message for you: this team isn’t hiring anyone better. No one is coming to work for this imbecile of an owner, with this attack dog media following the team, along with its justifiably furious fanbase. It’s a dead end job on a dead end franchise with brain dead ownership. 

And players will want out, too. For two third round picks, Reddick and Davante will both be gone next year. Reddick will be a free agent, and all Adams has to do is refuse to renegotiate and he’ll be one, too. Rodgers is done. Garrett Wilson hates it here, and it wouldn’t surprise me if he holds out in lieu of a major raise or a trade next year. That’s probably just the tip of the iceberg. 

I’ll tune in on Thursday because I love a good train wreck as much as anyone else, but I suspect I’ll be in bed before it’s over, just not giving a ****. 

PVO, amigos! 

On the other side of the coin:

-There are only 32 of these jobs (and 1 of them requires working for David Tepper).

-Money talks

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Y’ALL FAKE APATHETIC?!?!?! 

Buffalo was must-win, and they lost. The Steelers were a fleeting opportunity for possible resuscitation, and they lost again. Yesterday, it didn’t matter. I turned off the game when they were up 13(lol)-7 to check out the live reggae at my favorite beach bar. Oh sure, I checked the score on my phone here and there, and I can tell you that I literally laughed out loud at Zuerlein’s missed FG, and again when the Pats regained the lead. 

I can’t say I’m completely done. I’ve been following this asinine franchise for over 50 years. Habits are hard to break. But right now, I have no hope for the future of this team. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I still think good people would come here with enough money and control. They would be taking over a franchise in tatters and the only way to go is up. We would build a statue of the guy if he could bring the playoffs and dare I say a championship to this fanbase. Parcells came here after a 1-15 Rich Kotite season. It can happen but that means this ownership would actually have to hire the right person which as we know is unlikely. 

That's how we encouraged AR8 to agree to come here. 

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

Isn’t it strange that the homers become the most negative when they finally realize how bad things are? I think the usually pessimistic/negative fans that are mostly correct are more optimistic when sh*t officially goes sideways. We are ready to move forward and not bothered by this at all. Still, F this franchise. 

The homers negativity is always basked in something else. He’s giving Douglas a pass here as if he’s not 100 games under .500.  Woody is a goof and meddles and the only way out of this is if he steps aside and hands over the reigns. But Douglas at minimum was likely making the draft board and his drafts have been dreadful. Also the Reddick trade was one of the more amateur hour professional sports decisions we’ve ever seen. Saleh didn’t run a preseason or a training camp and we are surprised the Jets look disorganized and can’t get out of their own way. Football is all about practicing the right way and the Jets thought they’d be able to reinvent this and ride  vibes  to wins. 

• Post of the Week 3

7 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Woody must have terrible people skills. 

Is probably much more in his element dealing with plutocrats and aristocrats but with everyday people, not so much.

Parcells came at the behest of Leon Hess.

I don't think Vrabel would ever get hired by the Jets as long as Woody is there.

Would be too uncomfortable for him.

Woody needs somebody pliable he can control.

10 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I wouldn’t sign a deal with Woody without a clause stating that if he so much as makes a suggestion about the football operation, I get to quit and collect the entire balance of the contract. It’s not the money, it’s working for someone who will impulsively undermine you at a moment’s notice that will scare anyone worth anything away. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

On the other side of the coin:

-There are only 32 of these jobs (and 1 of them requires working for David Tepper).

-Money talks

Yet somehow the Jets always find a way to hire some of the worst people to work these precious jobs with limiting openings.  It’s almost like smart people with options avoid this franchise and only the ones without options and/or undeserving frauds end up here. 

Weird how that works.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I was told several times over the last few years that my negativity was making this place a miserable one to post and to knock it off.  Yeah, I did that.  Not the Jets being the worst-run franchise in sports for a near 15-year period.  

Glad just about everyone is finally on board.  Feels good to be free.

Shawshank Redemption Freedom GIF

I’ll probably keep my post count on the matter under a couple hundred thousand, though. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Yet somehow the Jets always find a way to hire some of the worst people to work these precious jobs with limiting openings.  It’s almost like smart people with options avoid this franchise and only the ones without options and/or undeserving frauds end up here.  

Weird how that works.

Woody drove away Parcells and Belichick.

Just now, slats said:

I wouldn’t sign a deal with Woody without a clause stating that if he so much as makes a suggestion about the football operation, I get to quit and collect the entire balance of the contract. It’s not the money, it’s working for someone who will impulsively undermine you at a moments notice that will scare anyone worth anything away. 

Yes and that would be the biggest concern for someone coming here.  Total control could sway some people. 

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I was told several times over the last few years that my negativity was making this place a miserable one to post and to knock it off.  Yeah, I did that.  Not the Jets being the worst-run franchise in sports for a near 15-year period.  

I never saw it.  I always viewed it as tough love.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, slats said:

Buffalo was must-win, and they lost. The Steelers were a fleeting opportunity for possible resuscitation, and they lost again. Yesterday, it didn’t matter. I turned off the game when they were up 13(lol)-7 to check out the live reggae at my favorite beach bar. Oh sure, I checked the score on my phone here and there, and I can tell you that I literally laughed out loud at Zuerlein’s missed FG, and again when the Pats regained the lead. 

I can’t say I’m completely done. I’ve been following this asinine franchise for over 50 years. Habits are hard to break. But right now, I have no hope for the future of this team. 

That’s the way to be though. Don’t expect anything, enjoy therapy (this board) and root for an underdog team that rebuilds when that begins. There’s always hope and a new regime isn’t a disaster until they’ve earned that title. It’s probably a 99% chance that that does happen so I understand thinking it’s futile to root for this team. I think we all should Just accept that we are here for each other’s entertainment and not the team anymore. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The homers negativity is always basked in something else. He’s giving Douglas a pass here as if he’s not 100 games under .500.  Woody is a goof and meddles and the only way out of this is if he steps aside and hands over the reigns. But Douglas at minimum was likely making the draft board and his drafts have been dreadful. Also the Reddick trade was one of the more amateur hour professional sports decisions we’ve ever seen. Saleh didn’t run a preseason or a training camp and we are surprised the Jets look disorganized and can’t get out of their own way. Football is all about practicing the right way and the Jets thought they’d be able to reinvent this and ride  vibes  to wins. 

There’s no need to be negative anymore. We all agree finally and no one cares about this team enough to be negative. The numbness has set it so we’ll all just aimlessly post now and it’ll be awkward because there will be less arguing. You don’t argue with passion when you don’t care anymore. 

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Now this board can become what you’ve always envisioned. MWAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

That’s the way to be though. Don’t expect anything, enjoy therapy (this board) and root for an underdog team that rebuilds when that begins. There’s always hope and a new regime isn’t a disaster until they’ve earned that title. It’s probably a 99% chance that that does happen so I understand thinking it’s futile to root for this team. I think we all should Just accept that we are here for each other’s entertainment and not the team anymore. 

Yep.  I’m much, much more of a fan of JN and the posters here than I am the team and have been for about 8 years now.  It’s terrific entertainment.  I can understand why people quit the Jets but why quit the board?  Makes no sense to me, but I am a weirdo, so…

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It’s funny how this turned out, isn’t it? This OP is comedy gold.
Animated GIF

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

There’s no need to be negative anymore. We all agree finally and no one cares about this team enough to be negative. The numbness has set it so we’ll all just aimlessly post now and it’ll be awkward because there will be less arguing. You don’t argue with passion when you don’t care anymore. 

For sure. The things that were pointed out a while ago were all the correct takes. Talking about the Jets is more of a hobby than watching them at this point. 

• Post of the Week 2